If I'll disappear suddenly...

This is the welcome and goodbye section for the community. New members should introduce themselves here, read the rules and get free cookies!

Moderator: Developers

Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Re: If I'll disappear suddenly...

Post by Agent of Dread »

That...
I have no words.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Maxaxle
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by Maxaxle »

Agent of Dread wrote:That...
I have no words.
I have three, starting with W, T, and F respectively.
"Failing to plan is planning to fail."
Bug me if you want to play a game.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Woody, if it's worth anything, you were always my favorite crazy bastard. :C
:wink:
octagon

Post by octagon »

woodmouse wrote:Even though the biggest doctor person (lol) said that he believes I'm not very insane, but that they can put even completely sane people into mental hospitals to avoid them becoming insane... :o
If mental hospitals are anything like how I imagine them, the incapacitation could be enough to harm your sanity.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

My dad understands me, and thinks that it's true I don't belong in a mental hospital. :) Also, apparently now one of the doctors agrees, after talking with me for some time, and he realized even more that I'm not insane in the 'bad way'. :D At least now it's more unlikely than likely that I'd be forced into one. :D
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

F**K. Someone hacked my computer again, and deleted the stuff I use to make music. How in the heck is that even possible?! I mean, from what I've thought, that'd be only possible in movies or something... but apparently it's possible, since it's happened now. And the computer freezes at random times, and is slow, etc... but there are no viruses, according to anti-virus things. My mom claimed it was just me being "insane" or "too tired" when I said the computer screen was different from when I went to sleep... but yeah, it's not that. WHY does someone keep doing this?! I haven't done anything that could make me deserve this, other than crappy music... so I'm kind of preparing for the whole computer to be unusable soon. Luckily, my dad promised he'll give me one he has (he has like 50, lol) if that happens (or before it happens, unless it happens in the next few days), but... life without being able to make music is gonna be horrible. :?
octagon

Post by octagon »

Do a Windows System Reset thingie (Unfortunately, I can't figure out how the "Systemwiederherstellungspunkt" - literally "system restoration point" is called in English, let alone Finnish :S) - however it's called, the program is located at system32\rstrui.exe.
It doesn't reset all files on your computer, just the programs. Somehow this could even take care of my search engine redirection rootkit. That feature should be capable of returning your tools.
If that fails, just get some other music editor - org Maker doesn't require installation and thus is relatively inconspicuous (in the unlikely case anyone actually specifically tries to destroy your music programs), and very innovative and simple to use (by which I'm saying, it doesn't take long to get used to it, not that I believe you couldn't handle more complicated programs). It's only a chiptune program though...
Good luck.
Last edited by octagon on Thu May 10, 2012 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

System restore is correct in English.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

woodmouse wrote:My mom
Is a prime suspect, if you ask me.
Just don't confront her about that - whether she did it or not she'd pwn you to oblivion.
:wink:
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Cimeries wrote:
woodmouse wrote:My mom
Is a prime suspect, if you ask me.
Just don't confront her about that - whether she did it or not she'd pwn you to oblivion.
I know it's not her, though. It happens even if she's not home, and besides, she can't even use Google without having to ask help. :P

The only somewhat "logically acceptable" would be that some record label passmole, who started hating me deeply for supposedly "not promoting" an album I did a few songs for (along with many others), even though I posted about it in both of my blogs, etc. :roll: He was russian, and as far as I know, 99% of russians have easy access to whatever they want illegally (that's what the general image of russians is here in Finland, but I don't know if it's true...), so he'd probably be the most likely one behind it. It'd also explain why it's mostly ruining all music-related stuff.

But for some reason, the restoring thing hasn't worked. I tried it once, but it just froze the whole computer or something, I don't rememeber properly, and my dad told me it's pretty risky to do that because of whatever viruses/stuff that could come because of it (because the firewall isn't on, or something, while doing it, I don't remember).

...and sadly, I'm pretty sure I'd never be able to use anything else to make music, simply because FL Studio was 100% completely super-perfect, even if everyone had always said it's pure s**t. It was like... natural, lol. :(
octagon

Post by octagon »

woodmouse wrote:and my dad told me it's pretty risky to do that because of whatever viruses/stuff that could come because of it (because the firewall isn't on, or something, while doing it, I don't remember).
Unless the virus enters the computer through your wall socket, nose or tortoise, simply unplug your LAN cable/disable your WLAN antenna for the duration of the restore process, and you should be fine.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Can't you, like, redownload FL Studio?
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

Post by penguinflyer5234 »

Thing is, the virus/person/whatever could infect the system restore points :?
They're under a (OS) hidden folder, so if you one where it is and how it works, one could mess it up horribly. :|

(Do you have a firewall/router of sorts? Those can help protecting against incoming attacks that randomly appear to exploit Windows vulnerabilities)
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Agent of Dread wrote:Can't you, like, redownload FL Studio?
Well, yeah, I could in the you-know-what way (sadly, because of the problems with you-know-what, earlier I had to you-know-what as well; then it was from a friend so the you-know-what didn't happen and you-know-who weren't involved), but the problem with you-know-what is getting you-know-what from you-know-who, and that's why I avoid you-know-what until it's the only option. :P Luckily, my dad's you-know-what is supermegaepic, and he can do you-know-what and survive without getting you-know-what from you-know-who.

...this post is so clear, and if you think of "you-know-what" as AIDS and "you-know-who" as Voldemort... :rofl:
penguinflyer5234 wrote:(Do you have a firewall/router of sorts? Those can help protecting against incoming attacks that randomly appear to exploit Windows vulnerabilities)
Yeah, I have a firewall (ZoneAlarm), but seems like it's not doing much good. :?
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

Post by penguinflyer5234 »

I meant a hardware firewall. (there are actual hardware firewalls)