Woodmouse's weird musics

Anything not related to Egoboo.

Moderator: Developers

woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Re: Woodmouse's weird musics

Post by woodmouse »

Agent of Dread wrote:Showed Abomination to a dubstep enthusiast pal of mine, he says your sound is good but you use too little material over too long... I guess I could agree. Some more variation is always good. :)
I know, but the problem is that it's hard to get the right ratio of repetition, otherwise I'll do something that has way too little... so it's kinda, dunno, but well. :P
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Well, I was too lazy to start doing a new track, so I just kept improving an older one a bit, but I'm not really happy with the empty spaces before the drops, but that's because I wanted it to have at least partially clear parts... and they're kinda small and unimpactful, so I'll probably do something about that also. I want constructive criticism/advice. :P Oh, and the "orchestral" stuff is just in the first minute, but I'll try to make an epic part somewhere around the middle when I get enough inspiration again... probably the intro but with more stuff. Maybe some explosion sounds, dunno...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAo9bs1fT8Q

EDIT:
I think it's pretty much finished now, even though I might still change something if I feel like it later, but I think it's overall pretty good now (on my own standards at least, 99.9% likely not any dubstep people's, but they're almost all bassmoles anyway so it doesn't really matter what they think, lol):

If you want to download it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2c7uqhoim4c6s0u
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Triple post. :o

Well, anyway, I just finished a new track, which I think ended up pretty nice... although I kinda think the bass might get buried under all the choir, strings, etc... but well. :?
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Boredom can result to disturbing things happening, such as covers of 80's pop songs with total failing as an unwanted side effect. :P
Ditto
Jungle Warrior (Committed contributor)

Post by Ditto »

Did not watch in fear of rick roll
"It only hurts when my squad won't f***ing heal me."

http://guildedage.net/
octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by octagon »

By the way, is there a reason why Robo's Theme from Chrono Trigger is what it is?
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

"What does that have to do with Rickrolling?"
*Googles Robo's Theme from Chrono Trigger.*
"Owww, right in the childhood."
:wink:
Ditto

Post by Ditto »

octagon wrote:By the way, is there a reason why Robo's Theme from Chrono Trigger is what it is?
weytwut

Just that comment alone makes me think I didn't appreciate Chrono Trigger enough.
"It only hurts when my squad won't f***ing heal me."

http://guildedage.net/
octagon

Post by octagon »

To be fair, if it's actually a reference, it's a bit of a coincidence, since there was no Rick Astley meme in 1995 (I don't know when rickrolling became a thing, but there wasn't even a nutrient medium for memes in todays form back then, and I can't imagine a pre-internet way to rickroll someone).
I don't know Mitsuda's taste in music though; he created some of the most amazing tunes I know (Corridors of Time, Battle with Magus, At the Shore of Dreams, One who Bares Fangs at God...) but also some cringeworthily cheesy stuff, like Star of Tears.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

When boredom results in a crappy cover of an 80's pop song, more boredom results in making said cover even worse... including autotune overload. :mrgreen:
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

So, I have a new solo project once again for some new kind of stuff, and I "secretly" did stuff until I had a full album, then uploaded it to youtube and Mediafire, sent it to a few people to review (no one has... URGH, IS IT THAT BAD!?!?! Probably not heavy enough, since they're all strictly metal people... oh well...), etc. and well... I have to spam here too, LOLOLOLOLOLOL, because I'm retarded. Anyway, it's pretty much avant-garde metal/death metal, some psychedelic, folk, rock, industrial, etc... yeah, I can't stick to one genre even if I try, but I didn't try, so it's ok, I think... or is it? :oops:

I'm 100% sure no one here will like this song. :lol:

Someone might like this one, although I'm not sure. But I'm really proud of it anyway, since I kinda succeeded at doing something that's pretty calm, melodic and stuff. :mrgreen:

This one, well, no one here will like it, but whatever.

I already posted this one before, but it's remastered and stuff. Not that you could really hear it, since it's such a tiny difference. Slightly less noisy, though.

This one's the one I'm kinda most proud of, even though I'm sure everyone stops listening because of the meganoisydissonantwhatever intro. :P

Probably a bit too boring for some people, but well. I'm still proud of it, even though it's a bit inappropiately happy-sounding at some parts... but inappropiately happy stuff is fun... at least to make... but I'm not sure if it's fun to listen. :roll:

...some fails in this one, but whatever. The singing goes a bit down at times since I was tired, and too lazy to record again. :P

And if the very unlikely thing happens and someone wants to download the album:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jecoj7wc5bs3m5m

PS: Yeah, the interest in religions, mythologies and space is probably a bit obvious from the song names... and if you can understand anything of the lyrics, I have to congratulate you with a big e-potato statue, since even I myself can't most of the time since I can't really pronounce anything (it's all in english, lol) and forgot a lot of the lyrics (I didn't write them anywhere, just recorded after "writing" them in my head)...
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

I made a joke song about a finnish politician named Paavo Väyrynen. The song's name translates to "Paavo Väyrynen is beautiful". He's the guy in the picture, although his skin is obviously not that color. :P
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

woodmouse wrote:his skin is obviously not that color. :P
Which is a loss for all mankind if you ask me.

In other news, you're getting better and better, good job with this one.
:wink:
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Cimeries wrote:Which is a loss for all mankind if you ask me.
:lol:
Cimeries wrote:In other news, you're getting better and better, good job with this one.
Thanks! :D
octagon

Post by octagon »

But he is beautiful <3