Post by Cimeries »

Control yourself young man.
:wink:
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Re: Woodmouse's weird musics

Post by woodmouse »

So, I made this one a bit longer and overall better.

I'm pretty sure no one here will like it, but well. It's something I'm really proud of, even though it might be a bit too "all over the place" like a few people said when I linked it to them... but that's a good thing, I think. :P But seriously, for some reason, I'm megaproud of this song, more than any others I've done, lol. Maybe it's because I succeeded at singing pretty well in some parts, it's not too repetitive or too varying (in my opinion, at least), etc. Or maybe I'm just selfish, but some selfishness is good, right? :mrgreen:
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

So, I did a pretty crappy dubstep remix of the song about Paavo Väyrynen. It's not entirely dubstep, but it has parts that are, so... you know. :P
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

I'm too lazy to upload these to Youtube right now, but well, I uploaded them to Soundcloud since that doesn't take as long.

http://soundcloud.com/drilzark/velocira ... emy-better
http://soundcloud.com/drilzark/the-cyber-police

The Cyber Police track might have the happy-sounding synth things too loud and the wobble bass too quiet, but well, that happened when saving the mp3 file because of compression and stuff. It sounded just fine in FL Studio, so I don't know how to fix it, but well.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

So, I really finished this one, and I'm kinda proud of it.
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

Not bad, I like the melodic element to the 'drop'. The percussion leading up to it was also pretty funky. It feels a little soft to constitute such a buildup, but it's yeah, pretty good. :)
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Thanks. :D
Agent of Dread wrote:It feels a little soft to constitute such a buildup
Hmm, yeah, I have problems with doing anything that'd go like BLARGH WHRGUHMB WHRGUHMB BWÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖHHHHHM SBBBRRR SBBRRRR WÖMBWÖMBWÖMB DRR DRR DRR WUB WUB BLARGH BLARGH BBRRRRWWWWGGGHHARRRAGHRAGGHHHRRRRNNNNAAAAAAAARRRGHHH. :P

EDIT: I think I succeeded at making it better? At least it's a bit more like what I described above, lol... although it's still not entirely what my intention was, but well.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

I'm sure everyone will hit in my face for this (add an S somewhere in there if you want), but well. Since there's that remix contest of Linkin Park's single "Lost in the Echo", you know I just had to do something. I mean, remixes are a great way to get more publicity and stuff, even more so when they're for a contest and at least those judging will have to listen it. :lol: Anyway, the prizes are also awesome, so if somehow there would happen a hypermiracle and I'd win, I definitely wouldn't complain; I mean, a guitar and 1000$ (whatever that is in euros). So, here comes the most blurry and muffled thing you'll ever hear in your life (whether that's good or bad, well, that's up to you to decide:

Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

There are some awesome remixes of it because of that contest, and the original song is pretty good too (no h8 pls)!
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Finally, the super secret behind-people's-backs project is ready to be unveiled! I present to you, Smunctrum, a collaboration of me and Nves! Basically, he's a genius (like I think I've ranted about before) and taught me so much about using effects wisely on vocals, mastering, etc. all in one day (well ok, not exactly only in one day, but I tried a lot of the things only yesterday, when actually doing this song), and I learned to rap, although only when there's a crapload of effects (but I don't think it sounds too "fake" (listen around 3:05 of the song (the lyrics actually have a penguin mentioned in them, but since I didn't plan any of it, it just... came from somewhere deep inside me, the penguin, it crawled out, and I have absolutely no idea what the full line was... the latter part is "I wanna do it like a goddamn penguin", but I have absolutely no idea what I wanted to do like a penguin... oh well, you get a new sample of how I can't pronounce english... lol))), and yeah, now think about this: Nves didn't even record anything for the song, he just gave me advice and stuff, ideas, etc. and this is how epic it turned out.

Anyway, since Nves is working on a new MAXD album, he's not recording anything until that's finished, sadly, which kinda means that he's just effecting, ideaing, etc. until at least a few months, but well... when he's not busy with that, this thing will get rolling on the epicness wagon, even though I'm a bit concerned if both of us do "everything", it might become messy quite easily. But I'm sure that won't happen, although arguments are pretty much bound to ensue... hopefully not big ones, though.

WARNING: It's really cliché-sounding, the riff has been used in at least a thousand songs before, same with the synth melody thing, etc. and there are lots of effects in everything (at one point, there are over 20 effects in the vocals (NVES Y U TRY TO KILL MY CPU?!?!?! D:)) and stuff, but well. Also, the clean vocals/semi-rapping thing that isn't made that way by pitchshifting but certain other effects (I'd never have thought about using those effects in such a creative way) to make them sound like "female vocals" (although my voice is quite feminine to begin with...), and since I'm sure no one will be able to understand the lyrics, it's "keep your hands off, I'm on fire". :P Most of the screaming is just gibberish, parts are finnish (only single words though), and some english... I did some self-censorship though, just because... I mean, some of the things that just came from the top of my head were a bit, erm... yeah... I'll just leave it at that and you get the idea. :rofl:

PS: Sorry if this is overly selfish/whatever and stuff, but I mean, seriously, ME AND THE AMAZING NVES ARE DOING STUFF TOGETHER LIKE OMFG!!!!11!!!ELEVEN!!!11!!1
octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by octagon »

I like this. It sounds like an early Gorillaz song that fell into a toolbox at some point and crawled out again.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

So I spent last night without sleep, doing a song that was fueled by multiple simultaneous inspiration surges, to do many different genres, and the result is... well, I'm proud of it even if it sounds like absolute crap, the worst song ever made, whatever. :rofl: And yeah, it's not exactly serious, at least the name of the song and the lyrics, which should be obvious, but since it's never possible to be 100% sure anyone has the same kind of sense of humor I do, you know... :P
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

So, I was half asleep and thought I'd do something. This is the result, and it's an absolutely horrible failure, since, you know, being half asleep and stuff, and I'm not really that great at rapping or anything, so. (The lyrics are obviously quite sexual (in a way that's intended to be funny (but failed (and I pronounce stuff like a pregnant Russian zombie dog))), so if you're offended by that, don't listen.)
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

I'm offended by the idea of a pregnant zombie, which has somehow managed not to occur to me up to this point.
:wink:
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Looks like the two would somehow make a good pair. xD"