Anything not related to Egoboo.

Moderator: Developers

Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Re: Cime's adventures in Armyland

Post by Cimeries »

Time for more venting:

Still just a Preflight Technician - But a damn good one now. The advanced course I mentioned earlier was not even officially mentioned (unless you consider some outdated internal mail I came across).
It will probably happen in the following months. For now I am doing my damn best to make sure I get to go - there's quite a bit of competition over who gets to take it and I'm basically up against people who've been with the squadron longer than me, and also against my former classmates (P.Es like me) - not all of whom will get to go - so it's quite a stressful uncertainty because 2-3 of us will be promoted earlier than the others. I'd hate to be one of the guys who get 'left behind', even if that demographic is the majority.

Only way I get to take that course on their expense if it I'm remarkably better (and for the most part, that condition is met - in terms of sheer knowledge I sometimes even have people above my rank bested). I just need to make sure that my superiors are aware of what I can do.
In the last few months I've been shadowing (and sometimes assisting and working with) some of the senior technicians here whenever I got the chance - to make sure that I am making constant progress and not standing still.

I plan to have a chat with my CO about reserving me a spot in that advanced course sometime next week. Hopefully we'll see eye to eye about that. He already backed me up a few times when I needed his help (without me asking), on the basis that I was exceptional at the job, so there's a good chance that he'll do what he can to guarantee my spot when he knows that I am dead-set on it.

I ought to get some pictures here sometime. You guys will be surprised by how classy I look in uniform.
:wink:
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Re: Cime's adventures in Armyland

Post by woodmouse »

Cimeries wrote:At any rate, here's hoping that by August I will already be knee deep in rotor blades and transmission gearboxes.
Don't forget to use protection!

While the phenomenon of the helicopter pregnancy is no longer as likely to result in the formation of mechanical parasites or cybernetic cancer as it was around the turn of the century, the risk of complications leading to a failure of miscarriage are increasingly common; unlike in the development of organic lifeforms, in helicopter pregnancies the termination is essential to the well-being of the growing fetus as it is otherwise consumed by the placental turbine. This, combined with the acids of the human digestive system in which the helicopter baby spends the first three months of pregnancy, can often have devastating consequences to both the baby and the male mother-host due to the rapid increase in blood pressure. It is not unheard of for the makeshift uterus to prolapse into the stomach either as a result of its own weight or the host's diet, agglomerating a biomechanical hernia — an invariably fatal condition —, often paired with explosive gastrointestinal fluctations as faecal matter can no longer be contained within its usual location and thus it must exit orally.

This is generally considered unpleasant.
Cimeries wrote:I ought to get some pictures here sometime. You guys will be surprised by how classy I look in uniform.
So, you're both a badass and classy... hmm. Classy + badass = class-ass I mean badclass no wait cladass shit OPTIMUS TERMINOTAUR!!! Like if Optimus Prime, the Terminator and Minotaur had kids. 8)

Pretend that this post isn't as meaningless as it is.
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...