Moderator: Developers

woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Re: Touhou

Post by woodmouse »

Agent of Dread wrote:that name was probably some attempt at being funny
Attempt? ATTEMPT?!?!?!

Dicks are always funny, unless they're yours and they're being violently cut off with a chainsaw by a homophobic vampire who thought you were flirting with him when you said "cool fangs". But even then, everyone else would be laughing themselves half to death, because apparently seeing others in excruciating physical pain that leads to permanent disfigurement is hilarious.

PS: Just ignore me randomly popping up in this thread again with an entirely off-topic post, I just felt like voicing my opinion on dicks, since it seemed appropriate in this context.
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Post by Shade »

@AoD: Nice score. :)

EDIT: You're inspiring me!
I just did a run with Reimu A for the lulz.

Not only did I 1cc the game with a good score, I in fact did as well as never before (I finished with 2 lives and 2 bombs remaining, which is pretty decent for EoSD standards). Using the shittiest shot type in the game. xD

EDIT2: Improvements, yo!

Marisa B. Not that good a score, but damn, 4 lives left. I remember the times when EoSD actually felt difficult. xD

EDIT3: I'm also starting to be able to consistently 1cc UFO Normal now. Byakuren is still a pretty unpleasant final boss, but not quite as bad as I remember her being.

EDIT4: I'm on a roll.

Sakuya A.

I also cleared DDC's Extra Stage.
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

Ooh, on hard. Nice work. Although Sakuya is kiddie mode. :P

I'm still pretty proud of having unlocked the UFO extra stage with all 6 shot types, although the only one I like is Reimu A anyway. Or was it B? Been a long time.
Byakuren has a lot of really easy spells and a couple of awfully toughies, so you either ace her or lose all your lives pathetically.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Shade

Post by Shade »

Well, Reimu in this game sucks. I could probably do it with Marisa if I bothered to re-learn how to do the stages themselves without bombing (and I may in fact go for that when I feel like it), but in the end Sakuya was my best shot at actually succeeding. :P

Now that I'm no longer completely incompetent at UFO (although I still don't particularly like it), I may go for that as well. Although I can already imagine that Reimu B's homing shots going everywhere but where I want them to go will be a royal pain.

My main problem with Byakuren hasn't changed - she's more like an Extra boss in terms of difficulty than the plain ol' final boss she is, simply because she doesn't take damage from bombs during her spellcards. In fact, during her final spellcard, she becomes completely invincible if you bomb (even to your normal shot).
The main reason for why I can actually deal with that now may be that I'm getting better at Extra stages in particular (and that probably means I'm getting more skillful in general). DDC's is the first I've managed to finish with extra lives remaining (on my first successful run no less!).
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

I spent way too much time playing PCB, so I can clear Ran and Yukari with a couple lives if I bring my A game.

And yeah, Marisa A in PCB is just blatantly better (although not much more so than Sakuya B, to be fair).
Shade

Post by Shade »

Well, looks like it's now official: I have improved. I can now 1cc vitually any Windows Touhou game except UFO on Hard, sometimes even with lives to spare.
(Although deathbombing with my last bomb on my last life and then winning like I've done a couple times now is pretty manly as well, you gotta admit. :teach: )

I've now also beaten DDC Extra the manly way (read: by using ReimuA, a "normal" character, instead of SakuyaA's really overpowered shield bombs).

EDIT:

Why did I ever consider PCB Extra difficult, again
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Half of Yukari's cards are easier anyway. Her last one is really neat, though.
Shade

Post by Shade »

True dat.

Alright, by now I've 1cc'd every Windows era Hard Mode except UFO's, beaten every Windows era Extra except UFO's, 1cc'd MoF Lunatic, and am pretty close to 1ccing SA Lunatic as well. I'm on a roll yo
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

I haven't 1cc'd Ten Desires on normal or even downloaded and played 14 yet. I'm just always drawing for my page or playing League now.