Anything not related to Egoboo.

Moderator: Developers

Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

The Egoboo Minecraft Story?

Post by Agent of Dread »

So dudes, I had this idea.
To every person who owns Minecraft on this forum, would you be interested in some sort of 'pass-the-world' sequential play thing?

We could have something like this: One person starts and plays five (obviously a negotiable number) days, taking some kind of record of what they did in the time they played, then they extract the world folder, zip it up and pass it on to the next person, and we keep going until it gets boring.

A list of participants would be kept too:
Spoiler: List
Agent of Dread
Maxaxle
ShellShocker
Cimeries
What are your thoughts?
Last edited by Agent of Dread on Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Re: The Egoboo Minecraft Story?

Post by Shade »

I know what you mean, but I don't think I'm creative enough to do anything interesting in that time; I'd probably mostly just be collecting stuff instead of really building anything.
5 days sounds like too much, though. I've seen a variant in the Minecraft forums that only allowed having the map for 4 hours. Maybe we could go for something in-between, like one or two days?

I won't be able to participate anyway. My mouse spazzes out when playing and registers every click I make as two, making Minecraft nearly unplayable for me (I can't open doors, I can't take a single item off a stack, my swords break twice as fast as usual, and so on). I think I need to get a new mouse.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

5 in-game days, I meant. :P
And you don't exactly have to build anything, it's more about seeing what each person has done if you know what I mean.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

I like to play with a couple of mods (the minimap and waypoints one for instance), so I'll probably be out of my element, but sure, I'll play.

We need to pick a really awesome seed though.
:wink:
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

'arse', 'Woof!' and 'thatslapsmeontheknee' are a few that I know that are pretty good.
You don't need minimaps after 1.6, just make a map (a compass inside 8 papers). :P
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Does it have waypoints?
Notch needs to add that grid thing from Dead Space that draws a line to your objective. I'll totally spend 50 diamonds making it.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Well the centre of the map is the crafting table it was made at, and it shows your location on it, but it's only filled out as you explore new areas.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

I'm fine with filling it out, I am not fine with the vague, featureless blob that the map depicts the world as.
Also I call dibs on Zombie Fortress.
Shade

Post by Shade »

Agent of Dread wrote:5 in-game days, I meant. :P
Oh. But keeping track of in-game days is pretty annoying, especially if you enter a cavern without a watch.
Plus, 5 in-game days would only amount to an hour and 40 minutes, which is... ...too short if you ask me. I'd rather go with something like four or five hours at the very least.
Agent of Dread wrote:And you don't exactly have to build anything, it's more about seeing what each person has done if you know what I mean.
Sure, but it'd obviously be boring if everyone just collected items and never did anything else.
But I know what you mean, I was just trying to make a point. I don't think I'd be suited for this style of play.
And, as I said, I currently can't reasonably play anyway, so you may want to take me off the list for the time being.

As for seeds, "gargamel" is supposed to be awesome, but hard.
Personally, I only tried "lunatic" and ended up in a completely insane bugged forest area that was lit on fire by a lava fall just a few minutes into the game. :?

And Minecraft's in-game maps suck. I can't even recognize my own buildings on them.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Also with the waypoints I can mark points of interest. I usually come across deposits of minerals that are far and I don't have time to get, so I put a waypoint to find it next time. We can help eachother out that way and pass in-game notes.

If you guys are ok with it, I'd like to zip my client and send it to you so we can use that. I think Shade should be able to play it as it's still 1.5.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

You can just put up a sign... less effective, but it's Vanilla.
I vote that we just use good ol' 1.7, pistons are fun as hell.
Shade

Post by Shade »

Cimeries wrote:I think Shade should be able to play it as it's still 1.5.
I don't think it has anything to do with Minecraft's version number; I blame my mouse.

Also, 1.7 stinks. No more wool from punching sheep. Not like I used wool much in the first place, but it's a massive pain in the behind (and an exceptional waste of valuable iron ingots) to get it now.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

You do still get wool, just one when you kill them.
I don't see why you have to be so pessimistic about it... I kinda like pretty much being forced to stay awake for the first night or two now anyway.
Shade

Post by Shade »

Agent of Dread wrote:You do still get wool, just one when you kill them.
And that's exactly the problem. The process of aquiring wool without wasting valuable iron has essentially been slowed down to half the pace it was at before, when aquiring wool has already been a pain in the behind *before* that. Especially if you want colored wool.
Agent of Dread wrote:I don't see why you have to be so pessimistic about it... I kinda like pretty much being forced to stay awake for the first night or two now anyway.
Doesn't do me much good in an already-established world.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

You should already have a bed then, what's the fuss?
EDIT:
@Cime: This tickle your fancies? http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/441 ... -features/