Just an idea

Anything not related to Egoboo.

Moderator: Developers

Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Just an idea

Post by Agent of Dread »

I had this thought the other day that had to do with how the forums are falling fairly inactive here. It's possible that we could all collaborate to make a game that isn't Egoboo. I mean, we've all got at least a little experience as far as I know, and it might be fun. Not to mention we could make a new forum or something. I don't know. What do you guys think? It's fairly radical, but you know.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Re: Just an idea

Post by Cimeries »

Are you aware of Skyrim?
Because it's like a time machine that only travels forward.

Any idea about scale, genre, setting, etc?
:wink:
Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Post by Shade »

I've been wanting to program a game for quite some time now. The problem's just that I don't have any of the required skills whatsoever. :teach:
I can't do GFX, I can't do SFX, I can't do music... Heck, I don't even know any actual coding languages. The only thing I can do is design with pre-made resources, and ensure there's some kind of balance in the game.

The forums would probably also be a fair bit more active if any of the newer versions of Egoboo actually worked.
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

Post by penguinflyer5234 »

I think Egoboo's basically done, it has been since 2.7.0 minus some bug fixing and new "features";

I can do 2D programming, but not much else :?
Shade

Post by Shade »

It may be "done", but it needs more polish. Due to the nature of Egoboo's gameplay and how its coding works, it's also easy to add sidequests that allow for more gameplay.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

@Cime: Are you aware of the jobless and middle class? :P
As for ideas, scale, etc, I don't know. Probably small things to start. Also, if we don't use Game Maker or something, I wanna program in Python. I know a teeny bit of it, and you know, cross-platform! Yay!
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Would be epic.

...but since the only things I'm even semi-good at are the things that would most probably be looked down by everyone as the easiest things to do (music, art, simply ideas, etc). Because, you know, it's the truth. :P So I wouldn't be useful in anything like that probably.
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
Shade

Post by Shade »

woodmouse wrote:...but since the only things I'm even semi-good at are the things that would most probably be looked down by everyone as the easiest things to do (music, art, simply ideas, etc). Because, you know, it's the truth. :P So I wouldn't be useful in anything like that probably.
How is music of all things easy to do? I would kill for even a semi-talended musician of my own. Same thing for GFX; anyone can create stickman adventure #91778276817687266187165658 (believe me, you see those on Newgrounds like every single day), but even half-decent artwork takes effort and a level of skill that not everyone is capable of.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Decent music isn't so hard given tools and knowledge, but music that 'pops' if you know what I mean, now that is a real gift.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Woody and myself can do some pretty fancy spritework if it comes to that, I don't think graphics are going to be a problem.
octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by octagon »

I'd love making a game with you guys, it would most definitely be a lot of fun. Currently, school stuff leaves me a bit short on time, but I guess I could lend a hand in some way.
I currently lack skills really useful for this purpose as well (you know my artistic skills, and I can't program in a real language either), but I consider myself an "ideas guy" (as Space Lizard once called this kind of people) with decent understanding of many video game genres (except FPS/TPS, WRPG - except borderline ones like Egoboo -, RTS, and fighting game), and I hat a lot of crazy gameplay gimmicks and plot ideas floating around in my head lately.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

I can do overall GFX and such, although animating stuff is a pain in general. :D
School's about to finish for the year for me, so once that happens I'll be free to spend a lot of time on something like this if it happens.
Maxaxle

Post by Maxaxle »

I can voice-act the crap out of a game, so long as I have a mic. and some spare time. Oh, and I can come up with questionably original ideas, too.
"Failing to plan is planning to fail."
Bug me if you want to play a game.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

I remember what you sound like from one of your nerf gun videos. Personally, I am not content with that.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

I've received numerous compliments about my voice, if it means anything. (One was from an English teacher s, so I don't know, although I think he's a little bit of a flamer).