Movie thread

Anything not related to Egoboo.

Moderator: Developers

Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Re: Movie thread

Post by Agent of Dread »

I watched Paranormal Activity 3 today. If you were expecting a plot, don't bother. All it is is loud noises and furniture moving on its own.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Oh, I already have that.
:wink:
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

I watched Transformers 2 and 3. They're not as good as the first one, naturally, but I liked them. :P
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Did the third one go straight to DVD or something? I never saw or heard anything about it at the cinemas or on TV.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Possibly they figured they can people in theaters with word of mouth at this point.

Saw Anchorman again. I love lamp.
:wink:
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

Post by penguinflyer5234 »

Transformers: Dark of the Moon was released to theaters on June 29, 2011 in North America, and June 23, 2011 for the Moscow International Film Festival, according to Wikipedia. Wikipedia also says it got 16.2 million dollars in Australia...
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

I just watched Glorious 39 with my mom, and it was a really cool movie although sometimes it was pretty annoying when my mom was like "OMFG I KNOW THAT GUY IS ON THE NAZIS' SIDE!!!! AND THAT!!! AND ALSO THAT!!!" all the time. I'm not sure if it's normal, but always if we watch a movie together, we make jokes and stuff about it 99% of the time. :P Well, she didn't understand any of my jokes about stuff relating to other movies where Bill Nighy has been in. For example, when there was like the revealing thing, I was like "...and he had tentacles in his face all along!" and my mom was like "wha?", and even more in the end when the people (when they were old) met, and that old guy was like "that's impossible..." or whatever he said when finding out that she was still alive, I just had to make a joke about her being alive because his father is a vampire. My mom was like "wha? that made no sense..." :rofl: Although she was kinda right, it didn't really make sense since she was adopted... but it was still a good joke. An unfunny one.

...but yeah, it was a pretty nice movie. Most of the time, it was pretty predictable though, but I didn't expect it to go exactly the way it did. The part with the cat coming back was somehow the most predictable thing ever, lol! :o
bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

Looking forward to "The Hunger Games"
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

I still haven't read the later two books in the series, but the first was fantastic. I hope the movie shapes up in a similar way.

I also downloaded this anime flick called 'Redline', still haven't watched it. It is apparently an Excuse Plot played straight or something.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Well, it was. An Excuse Plot with Rule of Cool and Fanservice on the side, beautifully animated (looks like FreeJack kind of) and quite a lot of fun. :D
octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by octagon »

Agent of Dread wrote:An Excuse Plot with Rule of Cool and Fanservice on the side
Sounds like a Castlevania game (though there's also awesome music involved).
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Think F-Zero meets Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

bgbirdsey wrote:Looking forward to "The Hunger Games"
Rightfully so. It was excellent, actually really well-adapted. Good actors, and they did everything just right. Go watch, especially if you read the book.

...Now to finally read the sequels.
octagon

Post by octagon »

I heard some things about that book and its moviefication. It sounds like Epic except without the whole MMO layer.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Yesterday, I watched "Once Upon a Time in Mexico". It was cool, pretty epic, especially because it was a bit more humorous than a lot of "action movies" or whatever they're called, and it had really epic music, etc. and the one part near the end was like... epic. Yeah, I keep using the word "epic", but it's really fitting. The whole movie was epic, and it had so many really epic actors in it that if it wouldn't have been epic, epic would have been twice as epic. That made no sense, but whatever.

Also, I decided to watch all Pokemon movies that I haven't yet watched, starting from "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew", and am currently watching it... but I had to pause it because of one sentence that just made me laugh my face and palms off... then I had to do a screencap of it and...
...so yeah, obviously the edible object in question wasn't a Big Mac but some berry/fruit thing, but you know... Anyway, "eat this instead" is now one of my favorite lines ever from anything. Seriously, I don't know why it's so funny, it just is.