Movie thread

Anything not related to Egoboo.

Moderator: Developers

woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Re: Movie thread

Post by woodmouse »

So, like, everyone should watch "The Possession". Well, if you like horror movies that aren't really horror as much as they're drama/thriller, are filled with clichés and an "awww" moment. Yeah, I said "an "awww" moment". :P Because seriously, if you don't go "awww" at that one part, you're either A) a cold-hearted bastard or B) were turned on by it and as such too busy fapping to notice the "awww"ness of the situation. And I'm 100% serious.
Spoiler: This
...what? How does that not make you go "awww"? Obviously, I'm just kidding, that's not the part that made me go "awww". That's the one that made me, in the words of ███ ██████ █████, ████ ██ ██ █████. If you don't know what that censored part is, trust me, you don't want to know, but seriously, it was an awesome movie. Watch it or she will come to you. :o W-wait, you... you all want that, right? This forum is full of perverts. WAIT, I'M THE BIGGEST PERVERT?!?!?! No, wait, I can't be... AOD, I CHALLENGE YOU TO THE PERVERTEDNESS DUEL OF THE UNIVERSAL FATE!!!

*cough*

...this post is obviously not very serious (or comprehensible), but well. The point I'm trying to make is that "The Possession" is a great movie and everyone and their mum should watch it, especially if they're interested in/know something about demons and stuff. Because, like, it's going to make you, again to quote the unimaginably wise words of ███ ██████ ██████, the phrase that has been used to describe epicness (and awkwardness) since the dawn of man, ████ ██ ████ █████! But if you do that for the wrong reasons at the wrong times, because if you do, to use the words of the trope, coitus ensues. Just not the way you'd want it. Well, naturally, that's not a concern for most people, but I'm just warning you. Watching that movie without even one thought of the future is serious business. And if you have no clue about what I'm talking about, well, watch it and you'll get it. :P Like, seriously, is it wrong to think about the future? I'm not saying I thought about the future when watching it, but I almost did, and almost thinking about the future can lead to some serious consequences, since the future is made up of the serious consequences of the past. So, when I almost thought about the future when watching it, I almost assumed that the future is certainly going to be the way it would seem at the present, which means that if it's not, there could be a very serious consequence. Consequence that leads to millions of people gasping in horror, loading their guns and grabbing their pitchforks, sharpening their knives and endiapering their babies. I mean, it might seem like I'm just ranting about nothing as an attempt to be funny, but that's definitely not how it is, honestly.

Why do I fail so hard at trying to be funny, when there's no reason to even try? :roll: Anyway, now in all seriousness, it does have at least one "awww" moment in it. Maybe more like "oh dear, ewww" than "awww", but that's practically the same thing, just a little bit different in tone.
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

"Bad Ass" might be one of the best movies ever, seriously. If it had been a bit longer and had a little bit more epic epicness, it could have been better, but like... that'd have made it a whole different movie, but for what it was, an action/comedy/whatever movie, it was pretty much the best that I've ever seen. I mean, in some ways, it was almost like a superhero thingy; the structure of how things happened was exactly like that, and the megatoughness. :P But still, the superhero line remained uncrossed, which was pretty awesome as well.

And it had some pretty cool music in it. Not to mention that it was inspired by that bus fight guy. And it was epic, but that was probably pretty clear already.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Triple post, lol. "The Apparition" was pretty awesome. Why does everyone hate it? :o In my opinion, the only 'flaw' it had was too much information about what the thingy was near the end. If it had been left entirely mysterious, that'd have been a lot better. But like, comparing it to other similar films like "The Haunting in Connecticut", "Drag Me to Hell", etc. it was about as good. Sure, it didn't have anything original in it, but why would anyone even expect that? The name already pretty much makes it obvious that it's yet another "an evil spirit thingy comes out of nowhere and everyone dies"-type of thing... maybe everyone sets the line extremely high and aren't in the right mood when watching stuff like that; I mean, when I want to watch any supernatural horror film, I expect "an evil spirit thingy comes out of nowhere and everyone dies". If it turns out to have something more original, that's a plus, but if it doesn't, that's not a let down, since I was expecting "an evil spirit thingy comes out of nowhere and everyone dies"-type of a movie.

Why anyone would even want to watch something like that if they're not in the mood to watch something like that is beyond me... and the same applies to everything. But then again, a lot of people seem to be pretty dull and only have one mood, which, for people who like horror films, tends to be "I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THESE M*****F****** GHOSTS IN MY M*****F****** HORROR FILMS". :|
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Q-q-quadruple post...!!! D: Plz y im dat only ppl in dis tred.

...anyway, so, I watched "Mama". The trailers made it seem creepy and awesome, but... it just wasn't that. I mean, I liked it, but the creepiness was ruined by that Mama's face. They should've just kept it shadowy all the time, in my opinion, just that would have made it a great, somewhat actually scary horror film instead of merely a good one. The first time she(/he, since the actor was a guy... wtf lol) was shown, I jumped and was like OH DEAR SWEET POTATO, HOLD ME. That continued for quite a while, but then that lame ass face was there, and I was like LOLOLOLOLOLno. and felt lame for the rest of the whole thing. Funny how a little thing like that can have such a huge effect, but I mean, that face was just... lllllllaaaame. And I mean, if it was the actor's face all the time, that'd be fine, since I'd completely understand the reasons for it then, but apparently they used a mask and some CGI on that at times... which is just weird, since it ruined the creepy mysteriousness entirely. If it had been the face that was in the photo that was before ghostness (is that even a word?), that'd have been better, too. But... WHAT.

How can I complain so much about something so trivial to the overall movie? Ugh. It's just annoying... anyway, otherwise, it was pretty great. That crawling-in-the-hallway scene would have had me tomatoes if it wasn't included in the trailer. HRRR FLM WRTRZ/DRKTZORZ/WUTEVRTZ Y U PUT SCEWRIZT SCEWNZ FREM UR MEWZ INTEH TREWLERTZ!?!?!? Excuse that retardness, lol. It's just that I'll never understand why they always put the peak moments of a film in the trailers... that takes the edge off it all. :|

And it apparently had a sort of an extremely funny part, even though I didn't even notice it before seeing this gif, because of the loud screaming and thumpthumpmusic taking all the attention:
Spoiler: Sort of a spoiler but not really
...look at those feet!!!! XDDDD

It's extremely worth watching, though, I think. Better than a lot of horror, but the atmosphere that it has kinda droops at times, which is sort of lame, too, but that doesn't really matter, since the thumpthumpthumpRAAAGGHGHHBLURGHBRUHRAWWRAAAAAAHthumthumpHEARTSGONNAFALLbumpbumpPLZPOTATOESPROTECTMEaaaaaah parts are so well done anyway. Anyone else here seen it? :o

PS: The reason this post contains so much retardness is because I'm kinda not focusing on what I'm typing.
Maxaxle
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by Maxaxle »

Just watched the old '60s movie Fahrenheit 451. For the most part, it stays true to the book, but it definitely hasn't aged well. Kind of a shame the city isn't blown up or anything in the end.
"Failing to plan is planning to fail."
Bug me if you want to play a game.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Why would it be blown up?
:wink: