Anime, Manga, whatever else

Anything not related to Egoboo.

Moderator: Developers

octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Re: Anime, Manga, whatever else

Post by octagon »

I started watching it months ago, but didn't actually finish it until last week because I wanted to savour it, and I shoved both of the dangan ronpas, Evangelion and a few other things I can't remember from the top of my head in between for not much of a reason.
The animation impressed me in terms of scenery, battles and motions in general. Though there's not that much world-building, I really appreciate how there's actually some amount of focus on the living conditions of ordinary people (the lack of which sometimes broke the immersion in other post-apocalyptic - if that is the correct word - settings for me).
The titans are awesome in all their horrifying and somewhat ridiculous uncanniness. I generally like the characters (especially Hanji, Mikasa, Armin [as expected from a timid ponderous dweeb, or something] and Pixivs), though I tend to get them mixed up (I could never remember which one was Marco until the thing happened).

insert some stale joke about half-life 3 in the jaeger basement
octagon

Post by octagon »

Kill la Kill is like Monty Python's Xenogears except I'd probably enjoy Monty Python's Xenogears much more because it would be far less skeevy (Tacky revealing outfits and Nudist Beach add to the show's charm, but the camera was a bit much sometimes and one of the "good guys" dragging Ryuko into the mens' room and forcing her to strip in a ~comedic misunderstanding~? ugh). While I loved the effect it had on cast dynamics and the reveal episodes were really good, I feel like the show could have been better without the whole alien parasite thing.
Mixed feelings overall, but I certainly don't regret watching it.
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

I absolutely loved Kill la Kill. I watched it over the space of three days spent home sick basically, and it was a real joy to watch. The characterisation is absolutely spot-on, and Satsuki is one of the best 'arch nemeses' I've seen in anything in a very long time.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -