Iji

Anything not related to Egoboo.

Moderator: Developers

octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by octagon »

I was so very relieved when I learned that the Annihilators were not actually modified to be such monsters, but just normal Komato in exoskeletons... learning about the Beasts was bad enough.

Iosa the Invincible was the most fun boss in the game, in my opinion.
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

I still haven't gotten Invincible rank or whatever. Hard game is hard. :(
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Post by Shade »

Agent of Dread wrote:I still haven't gotten Invincible rank or whatever. Hard game is hard. :(
It's called Immortal. :?
And it isn't that hard to do, actually. Play on Normal and max out Health quickly, as the Suppression ability helps quite a bit in keeping the total damage taken low, especially later on when your armor bar becomes basically redundant.
Then you just need to find a balance between killing too much and not killing enough - kill any enemy that is in your way or might cause you trouble if you ignore it, but otherwise, don't bother and just leave them alone.
Obviously, you should know well how to deal with the bosses, and skip them whenever possible (keep the truce, nuke Asha 1, skip Asha 2).
I completed the game with a total of 23 damage taken this way.
octagon

Post by octagon »

I got the scrambler. Yukabacera is mighty...
The puzzle is quite hard, but after a few fails I figured out the right method for getting to him myself.
I first used Tas 10, Kom 10, Crk 10, He 2 - because of the Velocithor 'n stuff - and I was too lazy to reboot before fighting him.
Then I croaked, rebooted the Nanofield and took He 10, Atk 10, Tas 10. An unusual choice. It surprisingly kinda pwned Yuka... but the battle was still challenging. Not nearly as hard as any of the Iosa fights, though...

The scrambler is fun.
It might be a coincidence, but when I read 2 of Craxmasta's logs, the name "Craxmasta" was both times replaced with "Yukabacera". Funny stuff.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Finished another run after reading Remar's new guide for Iji. Link to link: http://remar.se/daniel
Got Innocent Skilled Adept.
I am still going for the Immortal, so I saved a different copy a bit earlier on to pursue that.
Beat the Sentinel with full HP.
"I just faced some kind of Komato security robot. It was a piece of cake, but I hope I didn't waste any time."
octagon

Post by octagon »

Congrats. So you actually beat Proxima without being hurt? This really requires skill.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Got hurt once, them non-propelled missiles can get annoying. Good ol' health pickups.
Shade

Post by Shade »

octagon wrote:Congrats. So you actually beat Proxima without being hurt? This really requires skill.
Beating it with full HP is not the same as beating it without taking any damage in the first place. I also usually finish Proxima with full HP, but that's due to the red nanofields, not due to my h4x dodging skills. :P

Now get the super charge from Proxima. I dare you to. :P
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Can't be assed doing seven sectors just for it, not like it's necessary for the Null Driver anyhow. :P
Also, Ansaksie's pose before the Tor battle is epic. I will make it my next sexy sexy avatar.
octagon

Post by octagon »

Before seeing that, I didn't think it would be possible to look badass while being plastered at a wall... but it is. And how.
Shade

Post by Shade »

Agent of Dread wrote:Can't be assed doing seven sectors just for it, not like it's necessary for the Null Driver anyhow. :P
You can always just do Single Sector Play. :?

Also:
My genius attempt to beat Sector 1 has been foiled. I'm a little sad now.
octagon

Post by octagon »

How sad...

What killed you?
A scout with a CFIS? A soldier with a Massacre??

25 Annihilators with Phantom Hammers?
A skysmasher with a downscaled alpha strike module?
(Which meannesses does reallyjoel's dad difficulty contain for the unprepared?)

And how did you get the null driver in reallyjoel's dad difficulty?

I thought the null driver would be only available by doing something in Sector 1 that is only possible in Normal Mode because you otherwise lack the points?
Shade

Post by Shade »

octagon wrote:What killed you?
A scout with a CFIS? A soldier with a Massacre??

25 Annihilators with Phantom Hammers?
A skysmasher with a downscaled alpha strike module?
2x contact damage from a Tasen Soldier (don't laugh. All enemies are about twice as fast as a max speed Tasen Shredder.)
8x a missile from a Tasen Commander
1x MPFB Blast from a Tasen Elite
octagon wrote:(Which meannesses does reallyjoel's dad difficulty contain for the unprepared?)
Taking Ultimortal as a base:
- The time limit for each sector is reduced by 50%.
- You cannot level up. That's right, your HP are locked to 2.
- All enemies are about twice as fast as a max speed Tasen Shredder.
- There are a lot more enemies than on any other difficulty, and also a lot stronger ones.
- All stats of all enemies are doubled.
- The enemies' AI is changed so that when they see Iji, they will always and continiously attack her, no matter what else is currently happening. Tasen and Komato no longer prioritize killing each other and go straight for Iji instead, even from absurdly long distances.
- Cracking time is reduced to 1 second. Failing an attempt to crack something results in a 100% chance of the subject exploding like a nuke.
- The null driver cannot be used, as seen in the picture above.
- Various dialogue changes.
octagon wrote:And how did you get the null driver in reallyjoel's dad difficulty?

I thought the null driver would be only available by doing something in Sector 1 that is only possible in Normal Mode because you otherwise lack the points?
I got it from Single Sector Play. It carries over between save games when you get it; it just disappears when you quit the game.
octagon

Post by octagon »

Clonkinator wrote:Taking Ultimortal as a base:
- The time limit for each sector is reduced by 50%.
- You cannot level up. That's right, your HP are locked to 2.
- All enemies are about twice as fast as a max speed Tasen Shredder.
What...
Yuka in Normal Mode, you are slow!
(I wanna see him in rjdD!)
Clonkinator wrote: - The enemies' AI is changed so that when they see Iji, they will always and continiously attack her, no matter what else is currently happening. Tasen and Komato no longer prioritize killing each other and go straight for Iji instead, even from absurdly long distances.
- Cracking time is reduced to 1 second. Failing an attempt to crack something results in a 100% chance of the subject exploding like a nuke.
Whoa. now that's epic.

Even if it's a door?
Clonkinator wrote:
octagon wrote:And how did you get the null driver in reallyjoel's dad difficulty?

I got it from Single Sector Play. It carries over between save games when you get it; it just disappears when you quit the game.
Ah, okay.
Shade

Post by Shade »

octagon wrote:
Clonkinator wrote: - The enemies' AI is changed so that when they see Iji, they will always and continiously attack her, no matter what else is currently happening. Tasen and Komato no longer prioritize killing each other and go straight for Iji instead, even from absurdly long distances.
Whoa. now that's epic.

Even if it's a door?
It said so in the description of the difficulty, so I'd assume it's true. :?