The totally bestest thread ever (for random stuff)

Anything not related to Egoboo.

Moderator: Developers

Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Re: The totally bestest thread ever (for random stuff)

Post by Agent of Dread »

Another notch on the belt, eh?
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Nah, I use that counting method for other things.
:wink:
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Seth
Chest Mimic (Community member)

Post by Seth »

Spoiler: I saw this today & it reminded me of you.
Maxaxle
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by Maxaxle »

Fun Fact (tm): This thread will be a decade old next June 23rd.
"Failing to plan is planning to fail."
Bug me if you want to play a game.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Ah the return of the elusive MDRT phenomenon. It's July bro.

Nevermind that though,
Spoiler:
Maxaxle

Post by Maxaxle »

July, right.

As far as I'm concerned: Been better, been worse. Need to get myself together, though, because it's been a very unproductive couple of months. At least I've learned the value of hard work, backwards-compatibility, keeping proper backups, mechanical keyboards, rum, and vodka.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Hey Maxle. :)

The war against unproductivity is indeed hard-fought. :?
Maxaxle

Post by Maxaxle »

It's been an interesting couple of weeks for me, but I think I'm finally out of a rut. How's everyone else?
Maxaxle

Post by Maxaxle »

FIRST POST OF 2018 :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

In this thread, maybe. :P Happy new year boys and girls.
Seth

Post by Seth »

Maxaxle wrote:It's been an interesting couple of weeks for me, but I think I'm finally out of a rut. How's everyone else?
I’ve been… surviving.

My depression can overwhelm me to the point where I have no desire to speak to even my best friends. That can be attributed to poor medication management, I suppose, but also sometimes it feels like I’m spending a little too much time online. I have been interested in doing more offline activities, but so far I haven’t received any replies to aid with that. (Maybe I have some nagging to do.)

I’m also getting kind of sick of eating American food daily, but nothing else sounds more appetizing for me.

Maybe I’ll feel better in several hours.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

I had an Egoboo-related dream again for the first time in a while, and it made me feel so nostalgic. It's really sad that there will never be a new stable version, the community will never be revived to what it was, etc. :(

Like, seriously. Imagine the possibilities now that computer technology and whatnot has become so advanced. If there was a new version of Egoboo that was as smooth as 2.22 but utilised new advances in such a way that everything could be honed out to perfection, and there was a new module creator that was as thorough as possible, the possibilities for further development of the game would be practically endless considering how "light" it is and would still be in terms of system requirements and whatnot. Still, it could be polished more in a way that keeps everything practically how it was in the good old days, only expanding on it.

...but it'll never happen. That makes me sadder than the majority of things that make me sad.
Agent of Dread wrote:The war against unproductivity is indeed hard-fought. :?
Since creativity generally decreases with age, the thought of permanently losing all productivity in terms of music and whatnot is worrying me a lot lately.
Maxaxle wrote:How's everyone else?
I'm the same as always, except a little happier even though I'm even less productive... but not as unproductive as I was a little while ago, when I was totally depressed again.
Agent of Dread wrote:Happy new year boys and girls.
Yeah, happy new year everyone!
Seth wrote:My depression can overwhelm me to the point where I have no desire to speak to even my best friends. That can be attributed to poor medication management, I suppose, but also sometimes it feels like I’m spending a little too much time online. I have been interested in doing more offline activities, but so far I haven’t received any replies to aid with that. (Maybe I have some nagging to do.)
I know how that feels. Nowadays I'm doing better, so hopefully you can too. For me one of the things that made me not as depressed was getting disability retirement for my social anxiety and depression, so basically getting to leech off the government for the rest of my life unless there's a radical change in the law. There could be, though, so I can't get too comfortable; the government is always trying its hardest to make things harder for poor people with mental health issues. Of course, that by itself didn't do much to make me feel not as shitty, and I still struggle with everything, but I get happier the less I interact with strangers and the more I interact with friends. Since I only have two friends IRL, and one of them has an extremely busy life and the other one was in the army for the mandatory service (he got it delayed so he went later than most (I personally didn't have to go because I was super depressed during the conscription and IIRC said I'd shoot myself if I was given a gun)), I couldn't really see them at all for a while.

Anyway, the point is that at least for me depression fluctuates based mostly on other people. I don't know if it's that way for you, but if it is, seeing your friends may help as long as you don't have to interact with strangers as much. If it's not that way for you, then I don't have any experience to share that may be helpful, but well.
Seth wrote:I’m also getting kind of sick of eating American food daily, but nothing else sounds more appetizing for me.
Same, since literally all food in Finland is originally American food (or at least imitates American food). Well, I guess not all of it if it's actually true that most Americans never eat rice (but I'm pretty sure that's not true; I don't know where I learned that lol), but most of it is American/Americanised to the point where actual Finnish foods are just tasteless in comparison. Then again, I put the same things on everything, so it's no wonder everything starts tasting the same: soy sauce, garlic mayonnaise, mustard and ketchup (the latter only on everything that isn't chicken or fish, though, and I eat a lot of chicken and sometimes fish).

My family has developed a tradition of ordering something from the nearby pizzeria/kebab place/kiosk every week, so I eat the same pizza every week. It's called Aromi Mix and it's literally the best (it has kebab meat, pepperoni, some dark brown BBQ kind of sauce, onion and jalapeño, but I personally always get it with blue cheese in place of the jalapeño) though, so I could never get sick of it. :P

I don't want to sound like an ad, but seriously, if you're ever in Roihuvuori, get something from Pizzeria Aromi. Best pizzas and kebabs in the world (although I've only eaten pizza or kebab from anywhere else a couple of times, so I may be biased), and also the place's owner is the nicest dude ever. But who would ever come here, and why? Literally the only reason is to look at cherry trees, and there are thousands of better places in the world to see that... like everywhere in Japan, for example. Oh well, it's still our only tourist attraction. :P
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

I've decided that I'm going to fly to one different country every year. When I get around to doing Finland - that pizzeria is on the to-do list. Just for shits and giggles.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Cimeries wrote:I've decided that I'm going to fly to one different country every year. When I get around to doing Finland - that pizzeria is on the to-do list. Just for shits and giggles.
If you think you could handle my annoying presence and pimple-faced nerd face*, we should meet at least in passing when you do! Maybe go to the pizzeria together after I've been full tourist guide on your ass for an hour or two, showing you all the "important" stuff here in Roihuvuori... :rofl:

*It's funny and kinda depressing that I'm much more of a pimple-faced nerd now than when I was 13... but maybe when/if you ever come to Finland, I will no longer be a pimple-faced nerd at all. When you said you pictured me as a pimple-faced nerd when I was 13, I lied when I said I'm not one, lol (although IIRC I genuinely didn't think I was one because I thought it entailed more than being a nerd with pimples on his face... (but it could be argued that I wasn't really a nerd (and am still not one and could never be one) since I've never had real any interest in coding and other "boring" stuff, only "artistic" stuff... so maybe I didn't actually lie back then. Hmm...)) :lol:
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...