Black Sheep

Report bugs, errors and balance issues you may encounter ingame here.

Moderator: Developers

SwiftLoneWolf
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Black Sheep

Post by SwiftLoneWolf »

If you are in Zippy City and you kill the herd of sheep, the Black Sheep will fall and begin to follow the shepherd, if the shepherd dies, the Black Sheep will end up walking under the body, if the body is then moved, the Black Sheep will still follow it and will end up underneath the body again.
Last edited by SwiftLoneWolf on Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Forgive Everything, Forget Nothing."
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

Thanks. I think I found the bug in the AI script and fixed it.
octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by octagon »

I have another problem with the black sheep. I achieved it in a rather strange way: My elf walked through Zippy Village friendly and peaceful with a character of a friend of mine (rogue), the elf goes to the magic shop in order to optimize his spell equipment while the Rogue... grr, he goes to Watts' shop and tries to steal a Scroll of Rebirth! That doesn't work, and because of frustration he manages it somehow to shoot a guard with a crossbow. My poor unprepared Elf runs away and tries to hide, the rogue starts whipping everthing to death what he can find - including sheep. Suddenly, a black sheep falls from he sky and my elf quickly ninja-loots it.
Now, when I drop Mant (the Black Sheep), it will start attacking my little Elf instead of his foes! A strange bug, isn't it?
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

Seems like that's a bug with spawning it at the new owner and not the main player.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

Indeed. Additionally, as from 2.8.0 your little Elf should not need to be afraid from the guards anymore. The guards will only attack the offender (the rogue) and not his teammates (you). Additionally, people will remember his actions next time he visits town :twisted:
octagon

Post by octagon »

That bugfix sounds kind of useful and seems to be adding realism... Will the warlock also be pissed off if you incinerate his spellbooks?
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

No. I havent figured out a way yet to make shop owners angry if their equipment get destroyed. Maybe I need to code a item counter that keeps count of how many items there are in a shop each update.
penguinflyer2222
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)

Post by penguinflyer2222 »

Ha awesome Zefz.