Latest revision bugs

Report bugs, errors and balance issues you may encounter ingame here.

Moderator: Developers

Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Latest revision bugs

Post by Zefz »

Revision 595 is running very slow for me (11-12 FPS). Another minor bug I noticed was that I could not check the stats for Brom and Mim in adventurer starter.
bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

The slow framerate may be due to constantly checking for OpenGL errors. I would assume that it was being bogged down by constantly writing to file. Check to see if you have a stderr.txt in your root directory. I just assume this because it mine is still running at a good speed, but I also know that I have no errors.

This will likely be completely removed, rather than just turned on and off via a compiler switch, since it makes the code look dirty GL_DEBUG(glBlah)(blah, blah, blah, ...)
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

Ah yes. This OpenGL error is being logged all the time:

Code: Select all

glTexParameterf (".\ogl_extensions.c" - 94)- invalid value
bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

lol. can you see what is being set on your system in that line? I am not getting that error, but we may have different graphics settings.
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

New revision runs smoothly again.
penguinflyer2222
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)

Post by penguinflyer2222 »

I found some bugs in revision in 595 Zippy Village. Seems like some script functions are messed up.
These are some I found this visit to Zippy (attacked somebody before):

Healer attacks everyone if angered.
After the healer was shot, Alric turned invisible but then Alric was a statue.
After the previous happened, I can bump the alchemist and he just asks for mushrooms.
The sheep seem to follow only one shepherd..

Come again, this time the healer attacked me after I did, then turned peaceful to me and killed the shepherd who wandered by..
Alchemist attacks healer, wins. I run away.... and get killed while typing this, presumably by Alric.
Sheep also still follow one shepherd. I saw the other flock coming to the one by the starting point.
bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

Is the module dark? If you didn't also update the modules/* from the SVN, then a lot of the modules will be dark that are supposed to have outside lighting.

Right now, both invisibility and darkness can cause an AI to loose its target. When that happens, the results are unpredictable.
penguinflyer2222

Post by penguinflyer2222 »

It isn't dark.
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

Darkness now causes AI to lose sight? Cool. If that's true, then it will cause some errors (like blind spots or creatures who are supposed to be able to see in darkness).
bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

I was thinking that there could be a flag for "can see in darkness" or something. Graphically, this could just increase the ambient lighting of the scene.

I need to get the line-of-sight detector working. But to use line of sight properly, AIs should not just loose their last target when it goes out of view...
Poop Loops
Tranch (Novice)
Tranch (Novice)

Post by Poop Loops »

The "see in darkness" thing is a good idea, but don't make it a flag. Instead you could make it have a range of "strength", where some monsters would see in darkness better than others.

You could also implement it as a skill for characters. Gnomes can see in the dark in many games, so you could have gnomes get that skill at some level, and then gradually increase its power or something. The effect could just be as simple as adding lighting, i.e. having a light source similar to a torch, but drop off smoother and not as bright at the center.

This would mess with hotseat playing, but you could (could you?) have a flag that checks if there is more than 1 player playing, and then totally disable see in darkness if there are more people playing, or at least, have the see in darkness skill be reduced to the lowest level, i.e. two gnomes playing together, one has LVL 7 SiD, the other LVL 4, so the game would render graphics with a LVL 4 SiD. For online play that shouldn't be as hard to work with, should it? I know the code is real messy and "fragile", so this all really could be impossible to do without a code reworking. =S
bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

The way that all "see invisible" or other powers that affect the graphics work is that if one hotseat player gets it all hotseat players get it.
Poop Loops
Tranch (Novice)
Tranch (Novice)

Post by Poop Loops »

Oh, cool.
Poop Loops
Tranch (Novice)
Tranch (Novice)

Post by Poop Loops »

bgbirdsey wrote:Is the module dark? If you didn't also update the modules/* from the SVN, then a lot of the modules will be dark that are supposed to have outside lighting.

How dark are we talking here? I have a torch with me in the Sand Palace and I can barely see anything. Yes, I deleted my entire modules/ folder and downloaded it fresh from the SVN. I don't know what I can do beyond that. =/

I also get a Segfault when I exit the game from the main menu. Can't say why. I played around with my video settings, got AAx16, Anisotropic filtering, 24bit Z-depth, 54 max lights (won't go any higher, just resets back to 2 or whatever is the lowest), over 9000 (no, really) particles, it just seemed like it would never reset back, and 7 messages max. I don't know how much of that is supposed to happen or not. Those things used to go in a cycle...

Code: Select all

Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
[Switching to Thread 0xb63f1950 (LWP 6786)]
0xb7ff2430 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0xb7ff2430 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
#1  0xb7c5c6d0 in raise () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
#2  0xb7c5e098 in abort () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
#3  0xb7c9a24d in ?? () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
#4  0xb7ca0604 in ?? () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
#5  0xb7ca25b6 in free () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
#6  0xb7c8ffe4 in fclose () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
#7  0x0805983d in ConfigFile_destroy ()
#8  0x0805c787 in setup_quit ()
#9  0x0806bd5c in memory_cleanUp ()
#10 0xb7c5fbb9 in exit () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
#11 0xb7c4777d in __libc_start_main () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
#12 0x0804bf01 in _start () at ../sysdeps/i386/elf/start.S:119
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

Newest revision seems to work very good for me. Modules were a bit light (because I could not see difference with or without torch), but you might have already mentioned that :)

Oh and the Gelfeet in adventurer starter did not move. Giving a new Darkvision skill would be very cool. I have toyed with that idea for a while myself and actually putting it into the game would be awesome.

Line of sight can already be scripted. The Eyeballs in the Abyss use it and the guards in K'nife's Heist (as long as you haven't sound the alarm). It was done simply with SetTargetToX along with IfFacingTarget. The AI should not always lose target as soon as the player moves outside sight.. Maybe a timer would be appropriate or something like that.