Latest revision bugs

Report bugs, errors and balance issues you may encounter ingame here.

Moderator: Developers

MassaHunter
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by MassaHunter »

I've got the version 2.8.0 For Windows XP and it's still having the script error in some modules, so I can't save the Items I get! And I'm not able to put in fullscreen too. I select [X] Fullscreen and it just doesn't changes!
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

Script errors doesn't prevent the game from saving.

Which modules give you the script errors?
MassaHunter
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by MassaHunter »

Abyss 2 is with script error and Bishopia that was before, now ain't, but it's still no saving items. And Can't put into fullscreen! And some items like book os storms and meteor are a white screen.
octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by octagon »

Books of characters from older versions are blank white icons... I got that problem too.

Just copy the spell (the spell, not the book) from the globalobjects folder into your character and rename it into [something between 0 and uhm, 7!?].obj to get the spellbooks properly displayed. Until the bug is fixed, I see no other solution.
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

It isn't a bug. Old save games from before 2.8.0 simply aren't fully compatible with later versions. They can cause bugs like the one you mentioned :)
MassaHunter
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by MassaHunter »

and what about not saving in Bishopia and not fullscreening?
and i've been in zippy village and there are some potions in the ground... Is it normal?
Speed, invisibility and a green one
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

speed, invisibility and a green one
Hmm.. these are "secret" potions you can only get by trading mushrooms. Where exactly did you find them?
MassaHunter
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by MassaHunter »

the speed and invisibility are in the right side of the house behind the healer and in front of the healer there is another one (Zippy Village) but the speed one and invisibility one doesn't work. and of the white books thingie I couldnt find them at globalobjects so I put some images of books in my white books paste and then I ran the game and when I selected my character an error occured: not enough :'s in plank.obj/data.txt and then I deleted those books and nothing happened, can't play with my character.
bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

So, the potion trader is not spawning, but his inventory is?
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

The potion trader doesn't have a inventory, he will "magically" spawn potions through script functions once he gets his shrooms.
octagon

Post by octagon »

So because Blurf (sic!) doesn't exist, the script functions (I didn't know that Egoboo supports functions and stuff!) are triggered by something else instead of you bringing him a shroom!?
octagon

Post by octagon »

The "fireball/flame ring seems to throw you through the ceiling, while your inventory stays where it was (but is still properly attached)" (I figured out that this seems to be what it does) bug is not even in the list of unconfirmed bugs? :(
Does no one believe me this happens?

Another flame ring bug: It asplodes if you put away the book while charging the spell, while this causes other spells to just disappear - a fact that I often used to cancel casting a spell. I find it better if you can cancel all charging-type spells by putting their books away.

Also, why unsticky?? :?
penguinflyer2222
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)

Post by penguinflyer2222 »

octagon wrote:The "fireball/flame ring seems to throw you through the ceiling, while your inventory stays where it was (but is still properly attached)" (I figured out that this seems to be what it does) bug is not even in the list of unconfirmed bugs? :(
Does no one believe me this happens?
I do..
Can you move around and stuff while 'through the ceiling'?
octagon

Post by octagon »

I can. And I am not limited by obstacles and stuff, but I can still be wounded by missiles, arrows and such ranged attacks that can reach into the sky. And sometimes, but only rarely, I can be attacked in melee, as if I would be on the ground properly.

"In the ceiling" means above the upper limit of the screen (like it would possibly happen with a horrendously over-charged Book o/ Levitation or a tractor ray from an UFO), but it is only speculation. It looks that way because he is somehow ... sucked up into the sky and does not return. Eerie bug, this.

If my PC would be less laggy, I could record Egoboo with Hypercam... but this way, I can't.
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

I have added the fireball bug to the list.

Unsticky because this is the Bug Report thread for 2.8.0 (Stable): http://egoboo.sourceforge.net/forum/vie ... 0027#50027