Latest revision bugs

Report bugs, errors and balance issues you may encounter ingame here.

Moderator: Developers

octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by octagon »

Thanks. I already look forward happily to the day it will be fixed... :D

I know about the new bug report thread for 2.8.0 stable, yes... But SVN stays up-to-date no matter which stable version exists, doesn't it?
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

Only if you have the latest binary compiled to that revision :) Else you will only get script bug fixes. For fixes in the binary I will have to compile and upload a new binary.
penguinflyer2222
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)

Post by penguinflyer2222 »

Octagon I'm sure I'm encountered that bug somewhere before :O
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

Post by penguinflyer5234 »

octagon wrote:"In the ceiling" means above the upper limit of the screen (like it would possibly happen with a horrendously over-charged Book o/ Levitation or a tractor ray from an UFO), but it is only speculation. It looks that way because he is somehow ... sucked up into the sky and does not return. Eerie bug, this.
Ahhh, the joys of Monissa and her fairie, who together abused the bug for fun :) (back in the days of like 2.7.3)

Just seeing Monissa soar above the z-near limit always made me (and 2222) chuckle.
octagon

Post by octagon »

Hooray! Friday I played World Map, and I was able to use Fire Ring properly!

But my character did not export after leaving the module, even though the button says Save and exit.

Oh, and footsteps in water sometimes cast something which looks like bug blud. And my elf can walk on water as if it would be normal ground... and I have no boots or like. :o And I can jump extremely high if I stand on water.

And I still find stuff from ages ago in my inventory, like the sheep pet I dropped in Zippy ages ago, or a second Regeneration
amulet.

Maybe the old data are still somewhere in a temp folder and try to overload my newer ones every time.

Oh, and black sheep are hospitalistic. Mine gained a level and ran forth and back between two points afterwards.

And they stay oversized after they exit blud rage. Which is creepy.
And they can't be grabbed while in blud rage, but when you try to grab them, they walk after you and go inside you (no comment, please :oops:)!

And is it normal that in the Great Wood at the World Map faeries get spawned? And they lose their shines after a certain amount of time.

And what the feck should "That's too scary for Zippy City" mean? I got it after bumping into Zippy after killing a grub with a crossbow.

EDIT: Oh noes. I cast fire ring again, and when I dropped the book while casting, my poor little elf "ascended" again... I could really see this time how he floats up. It looks exactly like a tractor ray.
Last edited by octagon on Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

You really need to delete your entire "Players" folder located in your Egoboo folder.

The only place you should any save games is under Application Data.
penguinflyer2222

Post by penguinflyer2222 »

lol, Zippy's putting up defenses against people with friendly fire weapons :rofl:
octagon

Post by octagon »

Zefz wrote:You really need to delete your entire "Players" folder located in your Egoboo folder.
I have one, but it is empty... strange that an empty folder causes such errors. I delete it and see what happens.

In general, I think that no character exports anymore. I once got a Jive elf, was very happy about it and... he wasn't saved anywhere. I just hope that this is caused by the "players" folder.

At least, they don't get hostile to each other and murder their comrades after friendly fire occurs...

But isn't it weird that the Warlock's attack spell destroys all his properties except the potions? ;)
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

That was exactly the point! The Warlock was armed with fireball spell so that he would take his precious wares down with him. :twisted:
octagon

Post by octagon »

The bug that the equipment that Lonil is in inventory does not only occur when I play him, but with ANY OTHER character!

When I tested my Vaarsuvius (whom I created by modifying a copy of the basicdat elf, independent to Lonil), additional to the stuff I gave him, he had an Amulet of Regeneration, a sword, a Book of The Unseen (old and incompatible, and with blank icon) and Mant the Black Sheep.

I don't know about the way characters export, but I guess that some rudiments are still anywhere on my C:/ HDD.

Can it cause the trouble that I still have his old version in the "C:/Program Files/Egoboo" folder (where I have archived 2.7.4) and in an Egoboo character backup folder in My Documents?

I use another folder in "My Documents" for the new version, so it shouldn't do anything with the old folder.

Othe bugs: The "black sheep walks literally into your character" bug occurs also when the sheep isn't in blud rage.

It is a 2.7.4 black sheep in 2.8.0, though. Maybe that causes the issue.

And fireballs fly directly vertically upwards instead of floating around properly. They seem to "ascend" like my character and disappear when reaching what surely is the upper limit of the game world.
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

Characters are supposed to go to Application Data/Egoboo (something)/players folder in Windows.
octagon

Post by octagon »

No, pf5234... "App Data" and "Program Files" are something different. Windows stupidity again..

App Data is where the settings, additional ressources and such of a program are kept, while Program Files is where programs (the binaries itself, the dlls and the core ressources) are installed to.
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

Don't tell me no, I know exactly where players are supposed to be in 2.8.0, and they are in Application Data!

I also know what Application Data and Program Files are.
octagon

Post by octagon »

Ah. Sorry...

My implications were not caused by any prejudice against Linux users (oh beware!!), but I just assumed that you were lucky enough for not having to bother with this Windows crap.

I know that the characters are saved at AppData in the newest version too.

I just wanted to say that I meant Program Files and not App Data, since it seemed like you confused Program Files and AppData to be the same, which can probably happen because both are actually complete synonyms and could be easily mistaken if you never needed to learn about the difference.

Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness. Am I always talking like that? If not, my avatar must affect my verbal patterns...
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

Hmm, odd. PhysFS on Ubuntu 9.10 doesn't like removing paths from the search path that are not physically there...or you didn't add to the search path.

(is there a point to mp_remote? Egoboo seems to remove it then the physfs behavior kicks in)

---------------

Soldier starter: You spawn in the wrong place. (testing the cursed thingy?)

---------------

Exporting from the soldier starter doesn't seem to include the .pngs and .md2, all I got were three .txt files for Lanalee and his items: data.txt, naming.txt, and skin.txt :(

---------------

"Blurf (the potion trader) can't use this item..." (I'm raiding Zippy with a level 2 soldier)