Egoboo 2.7.3 Bugs

Report bugs, errors and balance issues you may encounter ingame here.

Moderator: Developers

Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Egoboo 2.7.3 Bugs

Post by Zefz »

I took a quick playing and discovered some bugs (and some are from older reports):
- Enchants don't use escape sequences correctly when displaying end messages.
- Land Mines in the Sand Palace don't work anymore.
- Objects in [HIDE] state still spawn visible particles.
- Wand use TRANS or LIGHT for their ball top which looks too transparent.
- The world map module doesn't show the Sand Palace (newly started player).
- Trogs attack the Map chest in Sand Palace
- Arrows rotate in the wrong direction when fired.
- Bumping stuff from a specific direction (always the same direction) doesnt trigger bumping.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

- The tranches in the chest in the sand palace crawl into the corner of the room.
- Zippy sword guards still don't fight back.
- Warlock in Zippy blows himself up with fireball.
- Warlock's protect spell in Zippy is stuck to a spot on the ground and does not follow him like it should.
:wink:
bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

Is that true of all protect spells or just that one?

I can take a look into the transparency issue. TRANS is supposed to be normally transparent, but LIGHT is supposed to add the color of the particle to the background. It will really only show up well on dark backgrounds. There may also be something about the "particle lighting" that is affecting the transparency of the LIGHT particles which I'm not sure what should happen.

It seems that LIGHT characters are rendering too light as well?
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

So these are still in-game? ._.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Poop Loops
Tranch (Novice)
Tranch (Novice)

Post by Poop Loops »

The Protect spell has been weird for me. It is always cast on something in my inventory, and if I drop that object, the protect ring will stay on it instead of on me. So my guess is the Warlock is casting it on a book on the ground or something?
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Hmm, that's a nasty bug related to the items-in-hand-collision thingie or whatever that was, I think.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

That probably has to do with the fact that it searches for the nearest target. It should not target something in your inventory, but in-hand items could be targeted... It should target the caster first, though! :)

Placing a protection spell on something else might be an interesting game mechanic ;)
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

The spell targets nearest friend. It uses SetTargetToNearestFriend so it does not target items. In hand items cannot be targeted either (they are hard coded to be always skipped).

There should either be added a SetTargetToWideFriend or be put a distance limit in the script, because now the spell will target stuff on the other side of the map if necessary!
bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

"It is always cast on something in my inventory" seems to negate "so it does not target items. In hand items cannot be targeted either "

I cannot guarantee that is still does not search for this type of stuff, but the search should work roughly the same as before. There is an ability to search inventory items and other things *in case* we want to implement pickpocketing, for instance.

--------------------------

I'm posting a particle fix for hidden items. It seems to work on all the starter modules without major side effects.

I don't think that hidden items are actually used that much, so the side effects would have to be limited, right? ;)
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

I am referring to that the target searching function get_target() skips any object that is in inventory or is attached to a other object. Always. If the object is inpack or attachedto is a valid character, then it will skip that object.
penguinflyer2222
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)

Post by penguinflyer2222 »

I protected a pot in the elf starter while in it in some recent revision.. I wonder if that'll happen now.
Poop Loops
Tranch (Novice)
Tranch (Novice)

Post by Poop Loops »

The monster you summon in the Wizard starter is a dumbass. He tries to walk into any wall he can find and when he's around enemies he doesn't do anything at all. He got me killed because I was running around trying to get him unstuck from between a pillar and brazier in hopes that he'd finally do something. Bleah. :(
bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

You are right! Try jumping on his back and controlling his massive attack that way! :twisted:
Poop Loops
Tranch (Novice)
Tranch (Novice)

Post by Poop Loops »

I did.

I couldn't get on him. Jumping in general has been kind of iffy for me, but I could not land on him at all.
PurpleSquerkle
Massive Gelfeet (Developer)
Massive Gelfeet (Developer)

Post by PurpleSquerkle »

If bump size still has issues, Wizards (and Paladins, and possibly some others?) can't mount anything at all.