Found more bugs (2.6.4)

Report bugs, errors and balance issues you may encounter ingame here.

Moderator: Developers

PurpleSquerkle
Massive Gelfeet (Developer)

Found more bugs (2.6.4)

Post by PurpleSquerkle »

These may not all be unintended, but in my opinion, they need to be fixed.

1. Attack speed based in dexterity is cool, but it doesn't always seem to work. For example, even with decent dexterity, spears are now a worthless weapon; I used to use spears before to keep monsters away, but now you attack too slowly and it doesn't work for that. Also, I was using a Paladin (who of course had pretty low dexterity) and found that now swords aren't very effective for him....

2. Archaeologists can't detect chest traps. They may not be able to detect ANY traps outside their starter, I don't know yet (I'm assuming the script is in the trap and not the character, but I could be wrong)... At any rate, chest traps are the most common kind, so Archeologists should be able to detect them, because otherwise that ability is pretty worthless.

3. The grass in Bishopia doesn't tile very well. It just needs touching up a bit; shouldn't be too hard to fix.

4. I went through the crazy gauntlet area in the Ash Palace and not a single flaming rock thing fell.
...Huh?

5. The last door in the Ash palace has needed fixing for a while; you can walk right through it without killing the boss. Since the boss is relatively easy (especially with a ranged weapon), you should have to fight it.

There may have been more, but I forgot them. If I remember again, I'll post them here.
Last edited by PurpleSquerkle on Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

1. Any suggestions on how to fix this? A different solution or a short fix?

2. The new skill system. Nouff said.

3. Added to the list.

4. Needs some more testing methinks. Does this always happen after a certain release maybe?

5. Added to the list.
PurpleSquerkle

Post by PurpleSquerkle »

I have never had problem 4 before, that I can think of... Well, maybe once. But I don't remember when, and I could be wrong.

Maybe all weapons could have a minimum speed? Or even better, a base/starting speed, and dexterity just builds upon that.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

The last door in Ash Palace works perfectly fine for me... :?
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

Current system works like this:

Base speed = 50
If speed is 0, the attacks are without any delay.
Every point of dexterity reduces base speed by one.

Or in other words:
Attack delay is 1.00 seconds
Every point of dex reduced the delay by 0.02 seconds.

The base speed may vary for each weapon (cinquanda is faster than sword)
PurpleSquerkle

Post by PurpleSquerkle »

@Woodmouse: And it shouldn't work. Not until you've killed the boss? Or is that what you meant?
At any rate, the boss can open it, and I'm pretty sure the player can too....

@Zefz: Easy, then; change the base delay of the spear to something lower, and maybe reduce the sword's base delay as well.

I thought of another one that's been around for AGES, ever since the Elf existed, as far as I know:
His texture for the hood needs to be altered; the faces should be moved a tiny bit to the right on the image. Because the way it is right now, there's the tiniest sliver of black even on the skins with no hood (it's taking it from the other side of the image because the face extends beyond it, I think).
Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Re: Found more bugs

Post by Shade »

PurpleSquerkle wrote:4. I went through the crazy gauntlet area in the Ash Palace and not a single flaming rock thing fell.
...Huh?

They are there, but they stop spawning after a certain amount of them has crashed down. That means, if you light the brazier, but don't go into the corridor immediately, there usually aren't any meteors left once you do enter it.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

PurpleSquerkle wrote:@Woodmouse: And it shouldn't work. Not until you've killed the boss? Or is that what you meant?
At any rate, the boss can open it, and I'm pretty sure the player can too....

Hmm... If I go near it, it opens. That's what I meant. And the boss comes with me.
PurpleSquerkle

Re: Found more bugs

Post by PurpleSquerkle »

Clonkinator wrote:
PurpleSquerkle wrote:4. I went through the crazy gauntlet area in the Ash Palace and not a single flaming rock thing fell.
...Huh?

They are there, but they stop spawning after a certain amount of them has crashed down. That means, if you light the brazier, but don't go into the corridor immediately, there usually aren't any meteors left once you do enter it.

Aha... that would be it then.
I lit the brazier and then headed back to pick up some items I left behind.
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

So we just have to determine if this is a trap design flaw or an actual tactic for the patient ones. (eg patience awards)
Shade

Post by Shade »

Zefz wrote:So we just have to determine if this is a trap design flaw or an actual tactic for the patient ones. (eg patience awards)

I'd say it's the latter; if you read the instruction plate right in front of the corridor as a G'nome, it reads "Wait here".
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Clonkinator wrote:
Zefz wrote:So we just have to determine if this is a trap design flaw or an actual tactic for the patient ones. (eg patience awards)

I'd say it's the latter; if you read the instruction plate right in front of the corridor as a G'nome, it reads "Wait here".

As a G'nome? In Archeologist starter? :?
Shade

Post by Shade »

woodmouse wrote:
Clonkinator wrote:

As a G'nome? In Archeologist starter? :?

Archeologist starter? What are you talking about? I thought we were talking about the meteor corridor in the ash palace. The ash palace can be accessed by any character.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Oh. :oops: I thought this was the Archeologist starter discussion... :oops:
Shade

Post by Shade »

woodmouse wrote:Oh. :oops: I thought this was the Archeologist starter discussion... :oops:

Well, it actually was, but when someone mentioned those meteors, the discussion sorta focussed on those instead of the archeologist starter.