Found more bugs (2.6.4)

Report bugs, errors and balance issues you may encounter ingame here.

Moderator: Developers

woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

I did not touch anything... Expect I edited the skin... And it didn't change. But maybe my paint is so old? I mean, I have windows xp, and I'm pretty sure most of everyone have vista... Anyway, it was in Bishopia Capital.
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

I don't think anyone here uses Vista...
:wink:
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Well, then I don't know... It just doesn't turn to be red...
Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Post by Shade »

Why would we want to use Vista? It's just a big chunk of trash, taking up tons of CPU usage to do nothing. It was just created by Microsoft as an attempt to pull even more money out of people's wallets, but I think they failed miserably.

@woodmouse: Did you save the skin in the correct format? Save it as bmp with 256 colors - and turn off diffusion in case you have it on, I had that problem before.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Oh, I saved it as 24 colors. I have thought that only 24 color bmps work in Egoboo...
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

Why would we want to use Vista? It's just a big chunk of trash, taking up tons of CPU usage to do nothing. It was just created by Microsoft as an attempt to pull even more money out of people's wallets, but I think they failed miserably.

Hallelujah to that brother.

Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

Zefz wrote:

Hallelujah to that brother.

I'll drink to that. :cheers:
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Shade

Post by Shade »

2.6.4:

Bug: In the adventurer starter, when the grub mum goes down the drain, the boss music is triggered for no reason and won't stop anymore either, not even after you kill it!
Bug (?): In the adventurer starter, there are a ton of dead grub bugs in the boss chamber that don't respawn, no matter what.
Bug (?): This has been around since ages, but since it also has its uses, I didn't report it until now. I'm not really certain if it's intended or not, but if you drop an item - no matter which one - right in front of a normal door, you can keep it open for an infinite amount of time - even if you're at the other side of the map! This way, you can always go back through doors, even if it makes things cheap... (Example: In the sand palace, drop a spear or something in front of the door that leads to the mimic. Kill the mimic, obtain the key and go back to get the treasury. You just avoided a fight with 10 tranches in total.)
Feedback: I don't like the new attack-speed-based-on-STR-and-DEX-by-setting-reload-time at all. It just makes certain weapons (like the spear) even more useless than before, without any real benefit.
bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

Clonkinator wrote:Bug (?): In the adventurer starter, there are a ton of dead grub bugs in the boss chamber that don't respawn, no matter what.

This is annoying. Maybe they spawned in the wrong state?

Clonkinator wrote:Bug (?): This has been around since ages, but since it also has its uses, I didn't report it until now. I'm not really certain if it's intended or not, but if you drop an item - no matter which one - right in front of a normal door, you can keep it open for an infinite amount of time

This is intended. If you place any uncrushable object in a door, it will not close.

Maybe we could make a puzzle out of this?
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Yes, a puzzle. And I noticed that in Bishopia Capital, when you go to one of walls, you can walk in it. And also, the round house near the start, you can go inside...
Shade

Post by Shade »

bgbirdsey wrote:
Clonkinator wrote:Bug (?): This has been around since ages, but since it also has its uses, I didn't report it until now. I'm not really certain if it's intended or not, but if you drop an item - no matter which one - right in front of a normal door, you can keep it open for an infinite amount of time

This is intended. If you place any uncrushable object in a door, it will not close.

Yeah, but the thing is, you can also drop crushable items (e.g. life potions) in front of a door to keep it open... (I could get a screenshot if needed)
bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

You can't tell what items are crushable unless you look at the script. The script has to call MakeItemCrushable or whatever the command is to turn on that feature.
Shade

Post by Shade »

bgbirdsey wrote:You can't tell what items are crushable unless you look at the script. The script has to call MakeItemCrushable or whatever the command is to turn on that feature.

Yes, I can, it's "MakeCrushValid" (because sometimes I did look at the script. Also, I remember some items' crushable-status from trial&error). I pretty much know which items are crushable and which ones aren't... Anyway, now is it intended that crush valid items can keep doors open or not?
bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

No, crushable items should just be crushed.

It may be that somehow the crushable tag is being removed when the item is picked up or put in a pack. That would be a bug.
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

Post by penguinflyer5234 »

Wait a minute, he said in front of the door, not in the doorway.
So you can have any item to keep the door open.