wizard starter in 2.6.8

Report bugs, errors and balance issues you may encounter ingame here.

Moderator: Developers

SimoneB
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

wizard starter in 2.6.8

Post by SimoneB »

I noticed some weird things, maybe not really bugs, but I wanted to report my user experience with the wizard starter:

1) I summoned the hell rover, but it just kept wandering around, it more or less followed me but it was really a pain to keep it the way I was going. I couldn't ride it, it didn't help me fight the lich, and in the end I just left it somewhere. Totally useless. Maybe this is really a bug.

2) It took me two days to figure out how the protection spell worked. I tried casting it ... nothing happened. Casting it while an enemy fired a missile to me? nothing happened. Until I thought "let's just try to cast it FOREVER." that's when I realized it has a really long cast time.

3) The chest with the dragonblood. I didn't really know what I was looking for. The chest contained two potions, a mushroom and a lance. I somewhat figured the lance wasn't what I needed, the two potions looked like mana potions or anyway I was expecting some red stuff, so I took the mushroom thinking it was the dragonblood :lol:. I hadn't the room for the potions so I didn't pick them up ... that is, until I thought "let's just quaff them and see what they're for" (something that usually leads to bad situations in roguelikes), and, surprise! one of them was the dragonblood potion! Couldn't it look like a big red bottle instead!?

4) and... I had to restart this module 3-4 times because I fell in the lava or got blown away by the exploding crates, losing items. This is the first module I tried, that got me kind of annoyed :?
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

You can ride the rover by jumping on it, as with any other mount.

All your issues with the various challenges, getting killed by lave, having to look for the dragonblood, etc., Is really the way it should be. The Wizard starter is meant to be one of the more challenging starters.
Not knowing instantly what each item does is also an aspect of roguelikes, is it not?
Maybe you were expecting something perticular from those items based on your previous roguelike experience, or common sense (no one said dragon blood should be red, it wasn't even implied).
:wink:
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

Hmm the bug that the hell rover cannot be mounted is fixed in 2.6.9, but it is true that it cannot be mounted in 2.6.8

Many spells have a charge time. Hold down the cast button and release when it's done charging (stopping to sap away your mana).

The only items that are destroyed in lava are spellbooks and scrolls. Those aren't necessary to win the module, they just make it a lot easier. The only spellbook you need to win the module is a book of unlock. Put it in your inventory before crossing the lava, that way you dont drop it when you die. A lot of the module requires thinking like that :)
penguinflyer2222
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)

Post by penguinflyer2222 »

I think before the skins were randomized the dragonblood was actually purpleish.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

penguinflyer2222 wrote:I think before the skins were randomized the dragonblood was actually purpleish.

The dragonblood is not randomised. It's still violet.
:wink:
PurpleSquerkle
Massive Gelfeet (Developer)
Massive Gelfeet (Developer)

Post by PurpleSquerkle »

As it should be.

...And not just because I like that color.