2.6.8 Bugs!

Report bugs, errors and balance issues you may encounter ingame here.

Moderator: Developers

Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

When the Rogue reaches a certain level (I forget what it is) it gains the Triple Jump skill.
For the last time, you can NOT become a Ninja or Assassing yet.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Super Soldier
Chest Mimic (Community member)

Post by Super Soldier »

I'm not sure if this is what you would call a bug. It's more like something that make's enemies look stupid and blind. In K'nife's heist there is a spot where there are two guards I throw a ninja star at one of the guards and back stab him :twisted:. And the other guard (who has not seen me but watched his friend get killed from behind) just keeps on marching and eventually gets back stab himself :twisted:! The same thing happens in the rogue start with the cobols I kill one, really the other one should have seen his buddy get killed and turned around to see what caused it :). But instead he just stands there :x!
penguinflyer2222
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)

Post by penguinflyer2222 »

Seems like a bug to me, they should be attacking you instead of marching around as usual waiting on you to come or standing there like garden gnomes.
blago
Ghoul (Experienced member)

Post by blago »

In the K'nife's heist, gards must stay were they are, because ruoge don't have much live points, they are not worios.
Tere is only one wey: sneek and back stab.
skype username: mal_blago Mic included. Speeks English
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

That's the way you're meant to do it.
Rogues are all about sneaking around.
blago

Post by blago »

Yes, but ... oh.. he jumps very high and thats good for attack.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

It is useful for attacking.
But in this case, K'nife's Heist's case, you just need to use it to sneak around. ;)
blago

Post by blago »

Yes, I'v meen it anywey, and K'nife's Heist to.(before the guards)
Anywey I faund an another bug: In the rouge starter: you can only use bear trap by right hand.when you try left hand it tells he can't.
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

That does sound like a bad bug yes. I wonder what causes it.
HyugaNeji

Post by HyugaNeji »

This are actually some bugs and suggestion I've found interesting:

-Syphon Mana is invisible, the icon doesn't exist, it appears with the face of the healer, and you can't see it in any way if you leave it on the floor.

-Maps appears in the wrong position when you use Clairvoyance Spell.

-The file is longer but it's the same as this, and it happened while I was playing in the forgotten fortress with my G'nome.
INFO: net_initialize: Networking not enabled.
INFO: Initializing SDL_mixer audio services...
INFO: Initializing module linking... Success!
NOTE: Object is missing an skin (modules\palsand.mod\objects\syphonmana.obj\)!
WARN: Sound file not correctly loaded (Not found?).
WARN: All sound channels are currently in use. Sound is NOT playing.
NOTE: Object is missing an skin (modules\forgotten.mod\objects\light.obj\)!
DEBUG: I am missing a AI script (modules\forgotten.mod\objects\pocketspeakera.obj\script.txt)
Using the default AI script instead (basicdat\script.txt)
DEBUG: I am missing a AI script (modules\forgotten.mod\objects\pocketspeakerb.obj\script.txt)
DEBUG: I am missing a AI script (modules\forgotten.mod\objects\tree.obj\script.txt)

-The Stealth skill is not working well, sometimes, even just the soud effect is played while you still are visible, and when you run through the cities you are totally invisible and no one can even see you untill you use something or if you jump. But in the dungeon you just have to move to make you visible again I don't know what's happening but you should fix it.

-At lvl 9 (not cheated) my wizard can use all his skills ,but the Alchemy skill doesn't work. May be this skill has a %, doesn't it? If not you should fix it.

_In zippy city, the Pet trader, with the black sheep. Haha, when you give him the squirrel a clone of himself jump out of him (very funny) but sadly when he reach 2 clones your squirrel disappear :(.

-If you have a tundra bunny and boots of levitation in the other hand when you are going to trade with this little truant, the boots disappear and the bunny still remain in your hand and the trader says " It's a deal" or something like that. The faery appears, though

-Whip mastery: is this skill improved when he grow up a determinated amount of levels? Actually, I wonder this same question with most of the skills of this category (which give bonuses in damage,defense,etc)

-When you kill someone with the book of Life Drain the message says Eg: Life Drain maimed a Cobol... ( not you, the book did it ha,ha!!)

-When you try to set a trap there's a message that says : " A Bear Trap does not know how to use it " .

-The Black Sheep falls from sky when you kill the girls and all their sheep in zippy City.

-The wizard does not identify the staffs, and appearently when you use the elemental staff, you can use it one enemy at the same time, that should be changed.( cause when you hit the frights the thunder remains on it, making you weaker if you want to use your staff against other enemies)

-Should change the place of the flying carpet, because you unlock it after completing the quest, not before. Making you want to say " This is Owesome, a flying carpet!!!...." and after you try it you say " Great, but why should I want this now?....."

-Halo (Only light source) : Too useful to be in lvl 10, and what does it exactly does, I mean I'm pure now,great but, so what?.In case it has other bonuses add them in the changelog.

-Suggestion for skill, " Heaven's Defense " ,increases healer's defense against physical attacks (% should increase with 2 or 3 levels). Since she doesn't have any ranged attack, she should have high defense I thought, when I was fighting against Trogs.

-Shouldn't the G'nome have a Claw Mastery? since claws does not deal a good amount of damage.

-Some skills should be added or improved beyond lvl 10 to lvl 20, to make more interesting the way to the lvl 20.

The Rogue should have a Dagger Mastery(or katana mastery?)to deal more damage.

-I have been thinking that some stats should be changed when you level up, the explanations are below the list I've made:

Wizard:
Ability l level up
Mana Return l 0.40
---------------------
Healer:
Strenght l 1-2
Wisdom l 2-4
Intelligencel 0 ( if you want, 0-1 it's ok )
Dextery l 0-1
---------------------
Elf:
Wisdom l 1
---------------------
Rogue :
Wisdom l 1-2/1 (Chance for hidden bottoms,magic resist, very useful for him)
Intelligencel 0/0-1
---------------------
Paladin:
Mana Return l 0.20
Intelligencel 0
Dextery l 1/0-1
---------------------

-The Paladin would need DEX to grow up [ 0-1 ], since he can use bows and it would be usefull for his attack speed which actually is too slow. PS: Why does his INT grow up? (He doesn't need it, and the same for the Healer and Rogue)

-Have you ever tought who could hurt you with a holy spell if you are not a zombie ? That is why I would prefer some people to do not grow up the INT.

-WIS: It's very useful for rogues, for reasons I've already mentioned.

Well, this has been my report since I haven't got internet for a very long while, I hope it could be still useful.

PS: I post it here because I didn't know where...
Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Post by Shade »

HyugaNeji wrote:-Shouldn't the G'nome have a Claw Mastery? since claws does not deal a good amount of damage.

Claws are supposed to be craptastic weapons; they gain lots of bonus damage by a high STR value, and with its best armor, the G'nome even gains an additional awesomely fast life return rate when holding one. Now, if claws did good damage as well, G'nomes would be horribly unbalanced, in my opinion, since they also have all their TECH stuff and tons of life points...

HyugaNeji wrote:The Rogue should have a Dagger Mastery(or katana mastery?)to deal more damage.

No. Again, daggers are supposed to be weak, and the Rogue already has backstab and... ...well, lots of rogueish skills. The Rogue is not a pure fighter class, which is also made clear by his rather poor life points and STR.

HyugaNeji wrote:-I have been thinking that some stats should be changed when you level up, the explanations are below the list I've made:

Wizard:
Ability l level up
Mana Return l 0.40
---------------------
Healer:
Strenght l 1-2
Wisdom l 2-4
Intelligencel 0 ( if you want, 0-1 it's ok )
Dextery l 0-1
---------------------
Elf:
Wisdom l 1
---------------------
Rogue :
Wisdom l 1-2/1 (Chance for hidden bottoms,magic resist, very useful for him)
Intelligencel 0/0-1
---------------------
Paladin:
Mana Return l 0.20
Intelligencel 0
Dextery l 1/0-1
---------------------

-The Paladin would need DEX to grow up [ 0-1 ], since he can use bows and it would be usefull for his attack speed which actually is too slow. PS: Why does his INT grow up? (He doesn't need it, and the same for the Healer and Rogue)

-Have you ever tought who could hurt you with a holy spell if you are not a zombie ? That is why I would prefer some people to do not grow up the INT.

-WIS: It's very useful for rogues, for reasons I've already mentioned.

The classes' stats have already been rebalanced somewhat (and somewhat lowered). I recommend you to try 2.7.0c first once it's being released.
Also, rogues don't need wisdom. Their DISA skill grants them a 100% success rate on finding secret bottoms in chests.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

D&D rogues have decent Int stats usually. You have to be a smooth talker and have a knack with the mechanical to be a good rogue, after all.
:wink:
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

I also suggest you wait for 2.7.0c

Most of the bugs/changes above are already fixed/added!

Many skills improve a little each level, while some others stay the same from the point you got them.

The Halo skill will always provide you with a light source. Your hands are free for weapons/shields/runes now. I think the Halo skill gives some other defence bonuses as well.
HyugaNeji

Post by HyugaNeji »

And What about the Flying carpet, the Paladin DEX [0-1], and does the whip,long bow,etc mastery grow up with the level up?
Shade

Post by Shade »

HyugaNeji wrote:And What about the Flying carpet, the Paladin DEX [0-1], and does the whip,long bow,etc mastery grow up with the level up?

The paladin is supposed to have a very low DEX; he isn't supposed to be a pure fighter, that's the soldier's job, so he shouldn't be quite as good at it either. The paladin is known for his heavy, but slow hits.
I checked the whip mastery, it's a static +2 bonus and won't improve any further, even at lv20. I guess this also applies to the other weapon bonuses.
Dunno about the flying carpet. It has a ton of useful uses, so you shouldn't get it too easily - after all, it's the only mount so far that you can actually pick up.