Beta Test results 2.6.7

Report bugs, errors and balance issues you may encounter ingame here.

Moderator: Developers

PurpleSquerkle
Massive Gelfeet (Developer)
Massive Gelfeet (Developer)

Post by PurpleSquerkle »

Grail of holy flame!
Smite people! And set them on fire. For long periods of time. PURPLE fire.

...Oh, and by the way:
This is something I discovered in 2.6.5b, and I assume it is still present but I'm not sure.
If you have the Soul Carver in one hand and charge with a lance in the other, and strike a DEMO-type monster, it says "This weapon is unnaturally effective" etc.
Not sure if it does any bonus damage, as the lance is already powerful, and this was the Lance of Charging, so...

I don't think this happens with other weapons, but I'll have to try some things.
I can't now, though; as I said in another topic, I'm leaving for a few days.
Ben Urban
Cobol (Esteemed member)
Cobol (Esteemed member)

Post by Ben Urban »

It also identifies the Soul Carver, by the way. I'm pretty sure it's a bug in the SC script (not checking which hand attacked).

How about "Divine Wrath" for a spell? Hmm... It could use a wide-angle disintegration beam... :think:
Thanks to penguinflyer2222 for the avatar, and to penguinflyer5234 for hosting it.
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

Divine Wrath is a Trap Card in Yu-Gi-Oh. :D
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

Post by penguinflyer5234 »

In the Audio Settings menu, I cannot change the volume for the music and sound. (Or at least there is no feedback)
Ben Urban
Cobol (Esteemed member)
Cobol (Esteemed member)

Post by Ben Urban »

The beggar is a nice touch. Or did you not think anyone would find him? :grin:

But he called my Healer "good sir".
Thanks to penguinflyer2222 for the avatar, and to penguinflyer5234 for hosting it.
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

I thought I fixed that? I created two voices, one for females and one for males. The IfTargetIsFemale function should check which sound to play. Did you give him enough money to buy new clothes? :P

I'll check out why audio settings don't work. Maybe it is a linux related issue?
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Ok, this same bug is still in Wizard Starter: When you open the locked door, and are leaving the room, there is still the message "the door is locked". It's been there all the time, I think.
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Yeah, that's REALLY old.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
HyugaNeji
Chest Mimic (Community member)
Chest Mimic (Community member)

Post by HyugaNeji »

Another bug: when you check your armor, whatever you have it'll always show you the initial armor. Oh and guys, I'm not having internet anymore, at last for a short time, thanks for letting me be one of the beta testers, and well, I really don't know when I'll be leaving so, see ya. ^^
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

Cya later Hyuga. Thanks for your help on the reports :)
Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Post by Shade »

Zefz wrote:I'll check out why audio settings don't work. Maybe it is a linux related issue?

No, for me it doesn't work either. It's been there for quite a while now, but I kept forgetting to report it because it didn't bother me very much (after all, there still is setup.txt available).
Ben Urban
Cobol (Esteemed member)
Cobol (Esteemed member)

Post by Ben Urban »

HyugaNeji wrote:Another bug: when you check your armor, whatever you have it'll always show you the initial armor.

I actually found this when I turned on -Wall in Xcode. It's fixed in the latest revision, as well as a few before it.

A few bugs I mentioned in chat:

Respawning does not cause the player to lose experience.

When I have 3 ammo boxes in one hand, and a Gonne in need of reloading in the other, reloading the Gonne has the side effect of dropping of of the boxes. It doesn't happen with two, and I haven't tried it with four or more.

In revision 167, several events that should happen, don't happen, including regeneration (both HP and MP), and effects like poison, freeze, daze, grog, etc. wearing off. This applies for all characters. As of revision 168, the events do happen, but they happen very fast. I timed my level 4 Wizard regenerating 16 mana in 4 seconds, for instance. And regenerating monsters are very difficult, and sometimes impossible, to kill. The buggy wand of missile helps a lot, though. :twisted:

The buggy wand of missile effect might make a nice spell, however, and I think "Comet" would be an appropriate name (or maybe missile swarm). Of course, its behavior would have to be restricted, perhaps by limiting the number of particles that can be spawned by a single particle. It would likely have to be nerfed, also, perhaps by making it not bounce, as well as costing a lot of mana (or requiring an Archmage).
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Ben Urban wrote:The buggy wand of missile effect might make a nice spell, however, and I think "Comet" would be an appropriate name (or maybe missile swarm). Of course, its behavior would have to be restricted, perhaps by limiting the number of particles that can be spawned by a single particle. It would likely have to be nerfed, also, perhaps by making it not bounce, as well as costing a lot of mana (or requiring an Archmage).

We already have something like that for the Archmage. It's called Missile Storm.
It basically spews 50 or so orbs all around the caster.
:wink:
Ben Urban
Cobol (Esteemed member)
Cobol (Esteemed member)

Post by Ben Urban »

Ah, okay.
bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

stat update bug fixed. the timer was going something like 50 times too fast... oops!