Multiplayer Graphics Bug

Report bugs, errors and balance issues you may encounter ingame here.

Moderator: Developers

Szkieletor
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Multiplayer Graphics Bug

Post by Szkieletor »

I don't know if it has been reported yet, I haven't found it anywhere.
When I play with more than 1 character, after about a minute game shows blackscreen. Minimap is still there, debug writing is still there, and I can play. But console says "Encountered graphics bug in frame:" and debug says rendered tile: 0/something (total number of tiles in module is still displayed correctly after slash)

Bug don't exist in single player, but it occurs in multiplayer. It doesn't matter if players use camera button or no, how far away they are, etc.
It just black screens after some time.
Any way I can fix this?
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

Hmm never heard about that one before. I cannot find your specified error message anywhere in the code.
bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

The error "Encountered graphics bug in frame:" has to do with one of the character animations. Since it is happening often for you, what characters are yo using, and does it happen when you do a certain attack or action?
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

Could be that animation bug that you fixed for 2.8.2? (the one always happening in the healer starter)
Szkieletor
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by Szkieletor »

I'm playing with 2 soldiers and a G'nome.
I tried not moving for some time, nothing happened. Then I tried walking with soldier (Stybald on screen). I walked in one direction, stoped, and before animation stopped completely I walked in another direction. Nothing was happening.
Then I wanted to try attacking or dropping, so I stopped completely, letting animation end.
Screen shows what happened. Image
Black area under console is unrelated, I just cut out my desktop as isn't important
bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

Thanks.

I think it is a bug with the way the animation data was being loaded. This has been fixed, but it could possibly crop up randomly with certain models and certain animations. Hopefully, a new release that fixes this problem will be out soon.
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

It seems a similar crash bug still happens in the latest revision, most often when you play with more than 1 player. As long as I play single player there is no error, but with multiplayer I get a NaN error from egoboo_math.inline
bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

I think it is likely a bug in the camera positioning, then.

With multiple players, the camera position is weighted by the player velocity so that you could have one player move away from the group and have the camera follow him (if no one else moves)... I bet there is a divide by zero in there?
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

That sounds very probable yes.