Bargel art & discussion

The development of the game itself or new resources for it. Any new stuff you're working on would go here, as well as the discussion of in-development stuff.

Moderator: Developers

woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Re: Bargel art & discussion

Post by woodmouse »

I had to take it a step further. :rofl:

EDIT: and a more serious one too, so Bargel isn't turned into something beyond understanding (in the worse way :lol: ). Soooo, some hot action with Bargel. ...no pun intended. Or is there? Read however you want LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

EDIT2: agh forgot the mark in the hat. :| I'm retarded. Anyway, fixed that, and also, with a hat and mask and stuff, this one:

EDIT3: aaaaaaand a SUPER-FLAME STUFF!!!
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

Its like a new internet meme: Bargel

(last one looks pretty cool btw :D) had a laugh with the kitty as well
octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by octagon »

Your fire effects are impressive.
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

octagon wrote:Your fire effects are impressive.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
octagon

Post by octagon »

Your name is Quote, I take it? Say hi to Curly.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Sounds like my fantasies when I played the game as a kid. :P (Off topic, shall we re-rail the thread?)
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Seems the pile of text got lost in the pictures, so I'm quoting the idea of how to do the "monster" Bargel ingame. :P So, comments about it... and is it possible to do all that, and would it be a good way to do it...? Or somehow else. Because if all that'd be possible, I'd at least do the map, and stuff, probably TRY to do the scripting too, but you know how I fail and get impossible errors. :roll:
Also, would it be too weird to have to fight against him 4 times? I mean, once in the Griffin Tower, then when he'd be 50-70% monster in some other place, then once when he's turned into a 90% monster... then again when he's 91% monster, and that'd be an EPIC FINAL BATTLE with him, you know like, so he'd turn all the way to 100% during the fight.

Or some better idea of what the Bargel battle(s) should be like?

My ideas were, for the 90%:
I wrote:ALSO!!! I had an idea about how to make the monster Bargel with tentacles done as a boss! Although I'm not sure if it'd work, but anyone who's capable of knowing that... tell me if it is, lol.

His script would be done to work together with a couple of tentacles (water wierds with a different skin, stats, etc, maybe different animations, different sizes of them, etc etc etc) and if it's possible, adding a few tentacles to his model; not needing grips since he'd have those helper tentacles.

At times, he'd do some überpowered fire spells, which would cause the place to crumble; the crumbling wouldn't be that hard to do if making pillars "death animations" works, etc.

You'd of course be stuck to dodging those spells, and jump around in the place to get somewhere, where you'd do something to hurt him. Yeah, not sure what and how to do it... eh, but you know, I'm just planning. Then he'd get hurt a little bit, but not much, until he loses; he wouldn't die yet.

When you "kill" him, he'd disappear completely, and spawn some things that spawn monsters and spells everywhere in the place. Possibly "divide" into mini-versions of himself as young, when he's fought in Griffin Tower? You'd kill those, he'd reappear, you'd just beat him like you beat everything, lol.

Then he'd flee from the place, screaming "HOW CAN THIS BE!? NOOO!!! I'M NOT GOING TO DIE HERE!!! I'LL HAVE MY REVENGE!!! YOU'LL SEE!!! JUST YOU WAIT UNTIL I REASSEMBLE MY FORCES AND KILL YOU!!! MWA HA HAA AH AH HAA!!! I'M IMMORTAL!!! MWA AH HAHAA!!! SOON YOU DIE!!!" or something even more cliched. :rofl:

...yeah, I know that's OVER 9000 COUNTS OF CLICHELUTTERED, but hey, parodying stuff is fun. :P
While he'd be looking like this:

And then 91-100%:
Maybe in Griffin Tower again, the whole place would be like... freaky, and filled with fire (he'd have problems controlling the powers he has) and stuff, then when you'd get to him, he'd be like what he looked as the 90%, BUT he'd be 1000 times stronger (okay yeah, maybe not 1000 times...) and he'd spam fire spells all the time. Basically you'd just beat him. Then, he'd go to the 92% mode, be at least twice as strong, spam twice as much spells, etc. Then you'd beat him, he'd go to 93%, etc, until you've beaten him enough that he's 95%, then he'd start spamming other spells too (not only fire) and completely just stay in one place... you'd beat him, again and again, until he's like 100% monster. Then you'd beat him again... but that'd be NEARLY impossible. You know, in the way that it'd be over 9000 times harder than the Dracolich. :P

He'd change a little bit bigger and different in some way, every time you beat him. You know, the basic boss... :rofl:
Maxaxle

Post by Maxaxle »

Why do you never fail to come up with EPIC stuff?
"Failing to plan is planning to fail."
Bug me if you want to play a game.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

New Bargel skins. Better than original ones? I mean, at least it's more "menacing", and less cliché-looking, I think, in a way. Or at least less like an accidental copy of a certain thing, which I'm sure 99.9% of people on this forum know, and subconsciously keep thinking about all the time when they see Bargel... I just realized the old skin looked almost exactly like that thing. So, to be on the safe side of the copyrights, changing the symbol and stuff wouldn't hurt, I think. Though a crosshair-like symbol isn't really anything special, but the way it would look in certain places... it'd be horrendous.
Image Image
In the model viewer, doesn't look as good as I thought it would... :? Dunno about ingame, haven't tested and right now I'm too lazy, so. Oh and, in case it's not obvious, no beard. I'm not sure if it's still bearded in the svn, the Bargel's model, so he has weird zappy moustaches?
If using bigger skins is possible/fixes the smoothness thing, just in case:
Image Image
octagon

Post by octagon »

I won't ask which thing you are talking about-

Nice work. Though the hat should be less on top of the head.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

octagon wrote:I won't ask which thing you are talking about-
It might be just my "X looks like Y when X has the same Z than Y has" then... if you don't automatically think of the Y. Although my friend said that it was way too similar to not think of, so I don't know. If AoD doesn't think that, then it must be a finnish-only thing or something... or a 'people who read(/watch) Naruto see it only-thing', in which case, it wouldn't matter that much, but you know... 'accidentally did X look like Y' can also be 'accidentally brain copied X from Y and brain subconsciously tried to make it similar, all the attempts to not make X like Y fail with horrifying results, which only lead X to being more like Y'. You know what I'm talking about, right? :P
octagon wrote:Nice work. Though the hat should be less on top of the head.
Yeah. But that'd require editing the model a lot... which I suck at, since it's not just deleting parts of it. :lol: Or maybe he wouldn't have a wizard hat at all, and use the Adventurer model or something? Although that'd look retarded and weird, and it wouldn't be easy to look at Bargel and think of an evil mage anymore. :P
octagon

Post by octagon »

Ah, okay. Objects tend to look much better in-game than they do in the viewer. (Whyever. texture filtering? Anti-aliasing? Backgrounds?)
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

octagon wrote:Ah, okay. Objects tend to look much better in-game than they do in the viewer. (Whyever. texture filtering? Anti-aliasing? Backgrounds?)
Not (much) in this case.

...and I think it's the angle.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Time to poop my head into this thread again.

I thought of some things Bargel could've done at certain times, to kinda deepen out why he's so megasuperdangerous and just because. Just ideas, obviously; if this isn't how it should be, ok. I'm just having a brainstorm or whatever, and am in the state of necessary Bargelry. :P So, these all are basically things I think aren't really meant as epicizing Bargel but to add depth, although some of them are a bit big considering the pretty small amount of panic regarding him. Or maybe that's because of the Griffin Tower thing... but well.

~50 years ago: more than 10 epic wizards disappeared, Bargel was suspected of it. He had kidnapped them and wanted some ancient artifact or he'd kill them. Someone gave it to him but he killed them anyway, at least as many as he could.
~30 years ago: successfully killed by some hero (decapitated, dismembered and burned), until suddenly disappeared from the morgue a few days later with all of his belongings and many other corpses, shortly afterwards seen with a horde of undead with him by a lot of people who were worried and shocked about how he was still alive and not even injured, disappeared for ten years. It was forgotten really soon, and no one knew about this incident a few years later.
~20 years ago: traveled around the world, trying to find as many followers as possible, occasionally burning towns, killing people and stuff like that.
~20 years ago: destroyed a kingdom in some country after they tried to imprison him, killing everyone other than those who agreed to help him. Possibly he wasn't known to be the criminal who did it before confessing to it while in Griffin Tower?
~5 years(?) ago: imprisoned
~2 years ago: dropped the soap
~1 year ago: confessed to numerous crimes that he hadn't been suspected of before.
~half a year ago: tried to start a rebellion against the guards, but it failed when he was again decapitated, dismembered and burned, the bodyparts stuffed into a locked and warded chest, thrown back to his cell, which was then enchanted even more (I assume it always was, since, you know...) to prevent him from leaving it. He healed and got out of the chest somehow, but was considerably weaker. (Why the guards wouldn't have mentioned anything about this even to each other is a bit weird, though... but well...) So, naturally, no one knew he's immortal or anything, which is how it can be explained easily why Bargel could be thought of as dead, and why it wouldn't be 100% necessary for any further quests involving him (not in the 100% obvious/forced way, at least; avoiding him completely would be a bit difficult, since I imagine he'd want to kill whoever just killed him... or maybe he changed. He thought it'd be a nice change to let someone live... but yeah, the chances of that happening... :lol:)

Current time/near future/whatever
~Week from being defeated in Griffin Tower: prepared to be transferred to another prison, in the country where he destroyed the kingdom 20 years ago, so that he could be executed there for "better justice". How they planned to execute him is another issue, though. Maybe they weren't told that he's immortal. Maybe only the guard captain guy knows about it!
~2 weeks: transferred successfully, but when tried to be reimprisoned, he escaped. No one told the public about it to avoid panic, everyone thinks he's still in Griffin Tower. :P