Looking for some Dev

The development of the game itself or new resources for it. Any new stuff you're working on would go here, as well as the discussion of in-development stuff.

Moderator: Developers

egofoo
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Re: Looking for some Dev

Post by egofoo »

A first draft of a roadmap based on everything discussed so far can be found here:
https://github.com/egoboo/egoboo/wiki/Roadmap. Discuss :D
egofoo
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by egofoo »

Can someone assemble a list of names of all known former and current developers? I'd just put an AUTHORS file (similar to GNU projects) into the project's root directory listing all former and current contributors. The author can use his/her real name and/or a pseudonym. However, if he wants an E-Mail in it, then I'd need a personal note (E-Mail/PM is sufficient) - I don't want to violate the privacy rights of someone. No URLs to homepages please, though for legal issues as well as the mere fact that links to "private" homepages tend to be broken links soon and we would not want advertising for organizations and/or companies. I hope this does not offend the original authors but it is just not common to state the author of every 5-liner function anymore and I just experience at the moment - so to say "live" - how annoying it is to move around those infos while refactoring.
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

Here is a list of some developers I compiled together in slightly cronological order. I'm sure there is a few people missing. (that mouse guy who made EgoMap?)

bitnapper (editor, tools, particle kitchen, misc.)
Xenom aka tobiasgall (coder, ModuleBaker)
seanbot (coder, scripts)
bgbirdsey (modernizing code, bugfixes, LUA, split-screen, optimization, physics)
Zefz (me :))
John Dick (mostly modelling, my Egoboo "mentor" :P)
Jonathan Fischer (osx port, networking and main menu GUI)
Matty Noble aka elmin (coder, previous project leader)

Before I joined the Egoboo community:
Morgan Aldridge (coder)
Dan Olson (SDL/OpenGL port)
Gary Clark (SDL/OpenGL port)
Christian Laforte (SDL/OpenGL port)
Ted Milker (SDL/OpenGL port)
Rob Caskey (SDL/OpenGL port)
Nicholas Vining (SDL/openGL port)
Benjamin Bishop (relative of Aaron Bishop, project leader of original port from DirectX to OpenGL)
Aaron Bishop (original creator of Egoboo, aka Programmer X)
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

@roadmap: Any thoughts about 64-bit compatability? afaik Egoboo only compiled in 32-bit last I checked
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

Post by penguinflyer5234 »

Egoboo compiles and runs just fine on 64-bit OS X; only reason it didn't before was because of SDLMain.m using [NSObject poseAsClass]. It also compiles in 64-bit Linux as well.

There's some sort of list of developers in modules/bishopiacity.mod/objects/grave.obj/messages.txt.
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

Yes, unix systems are quite easy when it comes to 64-bit compatibility. I remember on windows Visual Studio 2010 being very difficult, but maybe that has changed now.

I was trying to get the code to compile on windows using mingw, it seems it is still as hard and clunky as before (soo many dependencies). I also find the build system very complex. There are a lot of simplifications that can be done here I think (such as merging egolib into the rest of the code - why is it separate?)
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

egolib is separate because cartman uses a few functions from it.
Also, currently VS 2013 and Xcode 6.1 are known to work; the Makefiles may or may not work.
egofoo
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by egofoo »

@zefz thanks. AUTHORS is in the next commit.

I think at the build, the 32- vs. 64-Bit issues resolve themselves by using CMake.
I am not sure if Egoboo contains 32-Bit specific code though. I will mention this in the build system part of the roadmap, though.
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

If there's any 32-bit only code, it would be in the windows fs and sys files. All other files compile fine.

We'll have to drop AmigaOS 4 support in the transition to SDL2 (not that it ever worked well in the first place).
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

I can get everything to compile correctly using MinGW and makefiles. Linking however remains an issue and fails horribly...

Not sure why it fails. Possibly a silly error by me (I use g++ and link statically)
egofoo
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by egofoo »

Announcement: As zefz suggested, we are on gitter https://gitter.im/egoboo.
@pf Can you make a sidebar on the website with all contact information about the project or eventually make a "community" page on which the forum, gitter, github, sf and everything is listed?

@zefz Can you post an error log? Link errors are quite odd if the sources compile. I do think we should prepare two different makefiles;
one for MinGW and one for standard Linux (e.g. makefile.mingw and makefile.linux) for the moment.
If you have updated MinGW makefiles and everything works you should make a pull request.

@all I am kind of busy atm, this is why i don't commit anything. I suppose next week another commit is ready.
However, i check for pull requests each day. Suppose in 1-2 weeks everything is back to normal.

@all Can someone update the Code::Blocks workspace once in a while?
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

Some isses linking graphics I think (I'm missing a gfx library maybe?):
Spoiler: error log
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/egoboo.c:105: undefined reference to `sys_initialize()'
./src/game/egoboo.o:egoboo.c:(.rdata$.refptr.tex_params[.refptr.tex_params]+0x0): undefined reference to `tex_params'
./src/game/graphic.o: In function `gfx_system_begin_decimated_textures':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:6719: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_ctor'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:6720: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_ctor'
./src/game/graphic.o: In function `gfx_system_end_decimated_textures':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:6738: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_dtor'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:6739: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_dtor'
./src/game/graphic.o: In function `render_bad_shadow':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:3526: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Bind'
./src/game/graphic.o: In function `gfx_create_SDL_Surface':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:471: undefined reference to `SDLX_ExpandFormat'
./src/game/graphic.o: In function `gfx_decimate_one_mesh_texture':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:6825: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_ctor'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:6835: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Convert'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:6849: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_ctor'
./src/game/graphic.o: In function `gfx_reload_decimated_textures':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:6900: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Valid'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:6902: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Convert'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:6909: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Valid'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:6911: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Convert'
./src/game/graphic.o: In function `gfx_system_init_SDL_graphics':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:1773: undefined reference to `SDL_GL_set_stdout'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:1776: undefined reference to `SDL_GL_set_mode'
./src/game/graphic.o: In function `gfx_system_uninit_OpenGL()':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:1623: undefined reference to `Egoboo_Renderer_OpenGL_uninitialize()'
./src/game/graphic.o: In function `gfx_system_init_OpenGL()':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:1629: undefined reference to `Egoboo_Renderer_OpenGL_initialize()'
./src/game/graphic.o: In function `draw_blip(float, unsigned char, float, float, bool)':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:2173: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_getTextureWidth'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:2174: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_getTextureWidth'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:2175: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_getTextureHeight'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:2176: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_getTextureHeight'
./src/game/graphic.o: In function `draw_mouse_cursor()':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:3273: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_getSize'
./src/game/graphic.o: In function `render_scene_mesh_ndr':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:3814: undefined reference to `oglx_end_culling'
./src/game/graphic.o: In function `render_scene_mesh_ref':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:3941: undefined reference to `oglx_begin_culling'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:3967: undefined reference to `oglx_end_culling'
./src/game/graphic.o: In function `render_scene_mesh_ref_chr':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:4023: undefined reference to `oglx_end_culling'
./src/game/graphic.o: In function `render_scene_mesh_drf_solid':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:4062: undefined reference to `oglx_end_culling'
./src/game/graphic.o: In function `render_scene_solid':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:4309: undefined reference to `oglx_end_culling'
./src/game/graphic.o: In function `render_world_overlay':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:4783: undefined reference to `oglx_end_culling'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:4793: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Bind'
./src/game/graphic.o: In function `render_world_background':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:4616: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Bind'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:4631: undefined reference to `oglx_end_culling'
./src/game/graphic.o: In function `render_shadow':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic.c:3389: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Bind'
./src/game/graphic.o:graphic.c:(.rdata$.refptr.ogl_caps[.refptr.ogl_caps]+0x0): undefined reference to `ogl_caps'
./src/game/graphic.o:graphic.c:(.rdata$.refptr.white_vec[.refptr.white_vec]+0x0): undefined reference to `white_vec'
./src/game/graphic_billboard.o: In function `billboard_data_printf_ttf(s_billboard_data*, s_Font*, SDL_Color, char const*, ...)':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_billboard.c:147: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Release'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_billboard.c:154: undefined reference to `oglx_grab_texture_state'
./src/game/graphic_billboard.o: In function `billboard_system_render_one(s_billboard_data*, float, float const*, float const*)':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_billboard.c:412: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Bind'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_billboard.c:414: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_getImageWidth'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_billboard.c:415: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_getImageHeight'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_billboard.c:417: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_getTextureWidth'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_billboard.c:418: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_getTextureHeight'
./src/game/graphic_billboard.o: In function `billboard_system_render_all(camera_t const*)':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_billboard.c:502: undefined reference to `oglx_end_culling'
./src/game/graphic_fan.o: In function `render_hmap_fan(ego_mesh_t const*, unsigned int)':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_fan.c:302: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Bind'
./src/game/graphic_fan.o: In function `render_water_fan(ego_mesh_t const*, unsigned int, unsigned char)':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_fan.c:386: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_getTextureWidth'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_fan.c:386: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_getImageWidth'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_fan.c:387: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_getTextureHeight'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_fan.c:387: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_getImageHeight'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_fan.c:411: undefined reference to `oglx_end_culling'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_fan.c:482: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Bind'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_fan.c:497: undefined reference to `oglx_begin_culling'
./src/game/graphic_mad.o: In function `render_one_mad_enviro':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_mad.c:152: undefined reference to `Egoboo_Renderer_OpenGL_multMatrix(s_fmat_4x4 const*)'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_mad.c:156: undefined reference to `Egoboo_Renderer_OpenGL_multMatrix(s_fmat_4x4 const*)'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_mad.c:160: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Bind'
./src/game/graphic_mad.o: In function `render_one_mad_tex':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_mad.c:356: undefined reference to `Egoboo_Renderer_OpenGL_multMatrix(s_fmat_4x4 const*)'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_mad.c:360: undefined reference to `Egoboo_Renderer_OpenGL_multMatrix(s_fmat_4x4 const*)'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_mad.c:364: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Bind'
./src/game/graphic_mad.o: In function `render_one_mad_ref(camera_t const*, unsigned short)':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_mad.c:601: undefined reference to `oglx_begin_culling'
./src/game/graphic_mad.o: In function `render_one_mad_trans(camera_t const*, unsigned short)':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_mad.c:691: undefined reference to `oglx_begin_culling'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_mad.c:710: undefined reference to `oglx_end_culling'
./src/game/graphic_mad.o: In function `render_one_mad_solid(camera_t const*, unsigned short)':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_mad.c:794: undefined reference to `oglx_end_culling'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_mad.c:800: undefined reference to `oglx_begin_culling'
./src/game/graphic_prt.o: In function `draw_one_attachment_point':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_prt.c:602: undefined reference to `Egoboo_Renderer_OpenGL_multMatrix(s_fmat_4x4 const*)'
./src/game/graphic_prt.o: In function `render_one_prt_solid(unsigned short)':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_prt.c:175: undefined reference to `oglx_end_culling'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_prt.c:187: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Bind'
./src/game/graphic_prt.o: In function `render_one_prt_trans(unsigned short)':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_prt.c:244: undefined reference to `oglx_end_culling'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_prt.c:264: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Bind'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_prt.c:284: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Bind'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_prt.c:305: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Bind'
./src/game/graphic_prt.o: In function `render_one_prt_ref(unsigned short)':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_prt.c:389: undefined reference to `oglx_end_culling'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_prt.c:408: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Bind'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_prt.c:435: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Bind'
./src/game/graphic_texture.o: In function `TxList_init_all()':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_texture.c:70: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_ctor'
./src/game/graphic_texture.o: In function `TxList_release_all()':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_texture.c:86: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Release'
./src/game/graphic_texture.o: In function `TxList_delete_all()':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_texture.c:102: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_dtor'
./src/game/graphic_texture.o: In function `TxList_reload_all()':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_texture.c:121: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Valid'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_texture.c:123: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Convert'
./src/game/graphic_texture.o: In function `TxList_get_free(unsigned short)':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_texture.c:136: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Release'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_texture.c:157: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Release'
./src/game/graphic_texture.o: In function `TxList_free_one(unsigned short)':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_texture.c:185: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Release'
./src/game/graphic_texture.o: In function `TxList_get_valid_ptr(unsigned short)':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/graphic_texture.c:245: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Valid'
./src/game/input.o: In function `input_handle_SDL_Event':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/input.c:372: undefined reference to `SDLX_Get_Screen_Info'
./src/game/menu.o: In function `mnu_TxList_release_all':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/menu.c:6044: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Release'
./src/game/menu.o: In function `mnu_TxList_get_free':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/menu.c:6094: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Release'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/menu.c:6115: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Release'
./src/game/menu.o: In function `mnu_TxList_free_one':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/menu.c:6143: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Release'
./src/game/menu.o: In function `doSinglePlayerMenu':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/menu.c:1050: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Release'
./src/game/menu.o:C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/menu.c:2382: more undefined references to `oglx_texture_Release' follow
./src/game/menu.o: In function `mnu_TxList_ctor()':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/menu.c:5987: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_ctor'
./src/game/menu.o: In function `mnu_TxList_dtor()':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/menu.c:6012: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_dtor'
./src/game/menu.o: In function `mnu_TxList_reload_all()':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/menu.c:6079: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Valid'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/menu.c:6081: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Convert'
./src/game/menu.o: In function `mnu_TxList_get_valid_ptr(unsigned short)':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/menu.c:6203: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Valid'
./src/game/menu.o: In function `doChoosePlayer':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/menu.c:2003: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Release'
./src/game/menu.o: In function `doGameOptions':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/menu.c:3144: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Release'
./src/game/menu.o: In function `doChooseModule':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/menu.c:1526: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Release'
./src/game/menu.o: In function `doChooseCharacter':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/menu.c:2247: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Release'
./src/game/mesh.o: In function `mesh_texture_bind(ego_tile_info_t const*)':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/mesh.c:217: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Bind'
./src/game/renderer_2d.o: In function `gfx_begin_2d()':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/renderer_2d.c:295: undefined reference to `oglx_end_culling'
./src/game/renderer_2d.o: In function `gfx_begin_text()':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/renderer_2d.c:338: undefined reference to `oglx_end_culling'
./src/game/renderer_2d.o: In function `draw_quad_2d(s_oglx_texture*, s_ego_frect, s_ego_frect, bool, float const*)':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/renderer_2d.c:399: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Bind'
./src/game/renderer_2d.o:renderer_2d.c:(.rdata$.refptr.sdl_r_mask[.refptr.sdl_r_mask]+0x0): undefined reference to `sdl_r_mask'
./src/game/renderer_2d.o:renderer_2d.c:(.rdata$.refptr.sdl_g_mask[.refptr.sdl_g_mask]+0x0): undefined reference to `sdl_g_mask'
./src/game/renderer_2d.o:renderer_2d.c:(.rdata$.refptr.sdl_b_mask[.refptr.sdl_b_mask]+0x0): undefined reference to `sdl_b_mask'
./src/game/renderer_3d.o: In function `gfx_begin_3d(camera_t const*)':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/renderer_3d.c:44: undefined reference to `Egoboo_Renderer_OpenGL_loadMatrix(s_fmat_4x4 const*)'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/renderer_3d.c:48: undefined reference to `Egoboo_Renderer_OpenGL_loadMatrix(s_fmat_4x4 const*)'
./src/game/renderer_3d.o: In function `line_list_draw_all(camera_t const*)':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/renderer_3d.c:157: undefined reference to `oglx_end_culling'
./src/game/renderer_3d.o: In function `point_list_draw_all(camera_t const*)':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/renderer_3d.c:288: undefined reference to `oglx_end_culling'
./src/game/renderer_3d.o: In function `render_oct_bb(oct_bb_t*, bool, bool)':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/renderer_3d.c:420: undefined reference to `oglx_end_culling'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/renderer_3d.c:427: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Bind'
./src/game/ui.o: In function `ui_handle_SDL_Event(SDL_Event*)':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/ui.c:170: undefined reference to `SDLX_Get_Screen_Info'
./src/game/ui.o: In function `ui_beginFrame(float)':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/ui.c:195: undefined reference to `oglx_end_culling'
./src/game/ui.o: In function `ui_drawImage(unsigned int, s_oglx_texture*, float, float, float, float, float*)':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/ui.c:473: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_getImageWidth'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/ui.c:473: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_getTextureWidth'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/ui.c:474: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_getImageHeight'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\game/src/game/ui.c:474: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_getTextureHeight'
C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/local/lib/libegoboo.a(log.o): In function `log_error':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\egolib/src/egolib/log.c:154: undefined reference to `sys_popup(char const*, char const*, char const*, char*)'
C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/local/lib/libegoboo.a(clock.o): In function `clock_getTimeSource':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\egolib/src/egolib/clock.c:71: undefined reference to `sys_getTime()'
C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/local/lib/libegoboo.a(clock.o):clock.c:(.rdata$.refptr._Z11sys_getTimev[.refptr._Z11sys_getTimev]+0x0): undefined reference to `sys_getTime()'
C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/local/lib/libegoboo.a(console.o): In function `egolib_console_draw_begin':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\egolib/src/egolib/console.c:324: undefined reference to `oglx_end_culling'
C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/local/lib/libegoboo.a(console.o): In function `egolib_console_draw':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\egolib/src/egolib/console.c:375: undefined reference to `SDL_GetVideoSurface'
C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/local/lib/libegoboo.a(fileutil.o): In function `ego_texture_load_vfs(s_oglx_texture*, char const*, unsigned int)':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\egolib/src/egolib/fileutil.c:1147: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Release'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\egolib/src/egolib/fileutil.c:1157: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Load'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\egolib/src/egolib/fileutil.c:1167: undefined reference to `SDL_LoadBMP_RW'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\egolib/src/egolib/fileutil.c:1178: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Convert'
C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/local/lib/libegoboo.a(file_win.o): In function `sys_fs_init(char const*)':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\egolib/src/egolib/platform/file_win.c:86: undefined reference to `__imp_PathRemoveFileSpecA'
C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/local/lib/libegoboo.a(font_bmp.o): In function `font_bmp_load_vfs(s_oglx_texture*, char const*, char const*)':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\egolib/src/egolib/font_bmp.c:97: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_getImageWidth'
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\egolib/src/egolib/font_bmp.c:98: undefined reference to `oglx_texture_getImageHeight'
C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/local/lib/libegoboo.a(font_ttf.o): In function `fnt_print_raw_OGL':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\egolib/src/egolib/font_ttf.c:449: undefined reference to `SDL_GL_uploadSurface'
C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/local/lib/libenet.a(win32.o): In function `enet_initialize':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\external\enet-1.3.12/win32.c:30: undefined reference to `__imp_timeBeginPeriod'
C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/local/lib/libenet.a(win32.o): In function `enet_deinitialize':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\external\enet-1.3.12/win32.c:38: undefined reference to `__imp_timeEndPeriod'
C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/local/lib/libenet.a(win32.o): In function `enet_host_random_seed':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\external\enet-1.3.12/win32.c:46: undefined reference to `__imp_timeGetTime'
C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/local/lib/libenet.a(win32.o): In function `enet_time_get':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\external\enet-1.3.12/win32.c:52: undefined reference to `__imp_timeGetTime'
C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/local/lib/libenet.a(win32.o): In function `enet_time_set':
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\Foxie\egoboo\external\enet-1.3.12/win32.c:58: undefined reference to `__imp_timeGetTime'
[edit]: seems linking order is causing problems. I get the same errors if I remove -lSDL_image completely from the linker.
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

Zefz wrote:
Spoiler: error log
undefined reference to `sys_initialize()'
undefined reference to `tex_params'
undefined reference to `oglx_texture_ctor'
undefined reference to `oglx_texture_dtor'
undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Bind'
undefined reference to `SDLX_ExpandFormat'
undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Convert'
undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Valid'
undefined reference to `SDL_GL_set_stdout'
undefined reference to `SDL_GL_set_mode'
undefined reference to `Egoboo_Renderer_OpenGL_uninitialize()'
undefined reference to `Egoboo_Renderer_OpenGL_initialize()'
undefined reference to `oglx_texture_getTextureWidth'
undefined reference to `oglx_texture_getTextureHeight'
undefined reference to `oglx_texture_getSize'
undefined reference to `oglx_end_culling'
undefined reference to `oglx_begin_culling'
undefined reference to `oglx_grab_texture_state'
undefined reference to `Egoboo_Renderer_OpenGL_multMatrix(s_fmat_4x4 const*)'
undefined reference to `SDLX_Get_Screen_Info'
undefined reference to `oglx_texture_Release'
undefined reference to `sys_popup(char const*, char const*, char const*, char*)'
undefined reference to `sys_getTime()'
undefined reference to `SDL_LoadBMP_RW'
undefined reference to `__imp_PathRemoveFileSpecA'
undefined reference to `SDL_GL_uploadSurface'
undefined reference to `__imp_timeBeginPeriod'
undefined reference to `__imp_timeEndPeriod'
undefined reference to `__imp_timeGetTime'
Spoiler: missing objects
egolib/platform/sys_win32.c
egolib/extensions/ogl_texture.c
egolib/extensions/SDL_extensions.c
egolib/extensions/SDL_GL_extensions.c
egolib/extensions/ogl_debug.c
egolib/opengl/renderer.c
egolib/extensions/ogl_extensions.c
-lSDL (SDL_LoadBMP_RW only...?)
-lShlwapi (PathRemoveFileSpec)
-lwinmm (timeBeginPeriod and friends)
bitnapper
Tome Mimic (Module Baker)
Tome Mimic (Module Baker)

Post by bitnapper »

Here on Linux:
Codeblocks-File for Game: The Code-Files are found, but I have problems with the include pathes. :curse:

About dependencies IMHO:
- 'SDL_ttf': could be removed, if the 'game-font' would replace it in the 'ui'-code
- 'physfs' could be replaced by usage of the <stdio.h> file functions. it's only needed because of the use of 'dir()'. It could be replaced byy fixed lists of modules etc. in a text file
- 'SDL_image': Could be replaced by using an internal reader for 'tga'-Files for images with transparency, or and/or use a simple Color-Key for the transparency in the BMP-Files
- The windows timer is only used for profiling. For the game, it could be replaced by the ticks-counter from SDL (used as a 'central clock' for everything)

I try to adjust the code-block-files using relative pathes for including header files. I'm still trying (I get errors like: '..construction not allowed in c++, use gcc99 compiler instead..). It's really frustrating... :ack:
Two beer or not two beer... rather a malt whisky
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

bitnapper wrote:- 'physfs' could be replaced by usage of the <stdio.h> file functions. it's only needed because of the use of 'dir()'. It could be replaced byy fixed lists of modules etc. in a text file
It's not even needed for opendir and friends, the file_*.c files do that as well.
It's to allow users' data to override the game's data without admin privileges.