Audio content copyright

The development of the game itself or new resources for it. Any new stuff you're working on would go here, as well as the discussion of in-development stuff.

Moderator: Developers

Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Re: Audio content copyright

Post by Zefz »

Do you have a copy or pointer to this information? Even the permission may be OK for Egoboo, it may not be OK for Fedora?
I can't find the exact copyright notice, but this is something from his newer work:
Adam Frechette wrote:This is under copyright law, you may not use this
file for any commercial purpose; this applies to any venture which yields profit.
It is for personal enjoyment only,
you can use this in your work, and redistribute the mod.
If you do however, it would be great if you give me credit
and send me an email stating you will be doing so.
Other music is composed by previous members on the forum (specifically for this game project and are therefore GPL)... Klastek Timrak and Edward Blakely are the most notable composers.
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

Post by penguinflyer5234 »

There's a problem with that license :|
This is under copyright law, you may not use this
file for any commercial purpose; this applies to any venture which yields profit.
This is not compatible with the GPL, as the GPL requires that it CAN be sold. :(
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

I guess that doesn't make it compatible for Fedora. It should still work fine for the game itself though.
arand
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by arand »

Zefz wrote:I guess that doesn't make it compatible for Fedora. It should still work fine for the game itself though.
Indeed, "NonCommercial" licenses are generally not considered to be "free"/"open source" licenses, see http://freedomdefined.org/Licenses/NC for some of the arguments why not.