Zombi spells

The development of the game itself or new resources for it. Any new stuff you're working on would go here, as well as the discussion of in-development stuff.

Moderator: Developers

woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Zombi spells

Post by woodmouse »

I didn't want to derail the original thread (http://egoboo.sourceforge.net/forum/vie ... php?t=1219) to offtopic, so I made a new thread for this.
Zefz wrote:With some more text we could tell the players about spells as well. Some of them are a bit obscure in use and only work on specific monsters or objects (like book of Rot)
I've always wondered why Rot & Animate are in Zippy village... I mean, they don't fit there, imo. I think they probably should be in some dark and obscure place, guarded by zombies or something. :lol: Of course, if they're meant to be normal spells that every good mage uses, then that would be pointless, but as far as my brains aren't malfunctioning, good people wouldn't make twitching zombies that blow up on enemies' faces. :P
...unless the "good" people aren't typical good.
Oh and I made a zombi morphing spell... Well, it's just an edited lumpkin morph spell, but well.
http://www.mediafire.com/?5a28tcc2310kw11
So if it's not obvious, it turns the player into a healing zombi (don't worry, the regeneration is quite slow).
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

With the new skill system we could also limit evil spell such as these to only those with the [NECR] skill.

But yeah those spells are maybe a bit "evil" to be sold in a normal town... but then again that Warlock in Zippy looks shady.
octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by octagon »

He seems to have something to hide, considering that he (before books in shops were protected from burning) burns all his books if someone approaches him less than friendly... :)
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Zefz wrote:But yeah those spells are maybe a bit "evil" to be sold in a normal town... but then again that Warlock in Zippy looks shady.
Hehe, what if he's the Dracolich's grandfather, spying stuff that happens in Zippy? :rofl:
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...