Deamon Lord uniquification

The development of the game itself or new resources for it. Any new stuff you're working on would go here, as well as the discussion of in-development stuff.

Moderator: Developers

woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Deamon Lord uniquification

Post by woodmouse »

Well, I've thought that Deamon Lords shouldn't be exactly like the same in every place where they are, so... I did some things.
http://www.mediafire.com/?z3o3f930e00b1xu
^6 Deamon Lords that I edited from the normal one in Abyss 2.
And an image of most of them (without wings of course).

I plan to do a lot more.
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

A lot more? Egoboo only supports up to 4 different skins :P and there are only 3 deamon lords in the game.

Anyways would the varied skins not make the monster harder to recognize for what it is?
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Zefz wrote:A lot more? Egoboo only supports up to 4 different skins :P and there are only 3 deamon lords in the game.

Anyways would the varied skins not make the monster harder to recognize for what it is?
Well, they're not only skins, they have slightly different stats, etc.
But... only 3? I mean, I've thought that there are a lot more, which just aren't seen anywhere? If there's seriously only 3, then I've got to bang my head to the wall. :lol:

And as for recognizing it, well, I dunno, possibly, but it could also make them feel more special. I mean, it's understandable that mephits, tranches, grub bugs etc have the same skins but (mini)bosses with the same skins make them feel somewhat like fighting the same guy again and again, if they don't have anything "special" between each other. Kind of like special npcs, they're not all the same, but average town people are, etc.
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...