New town development, forest stuff, etc...

The development of the game itself or new resources for it. Any new stuff you're working on would go here, as well as the discussion of in-development stuff.

Moderator: Developers

woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Poslunction module 2... Only trees and a few enemies in spawn.txt, for the same reasons that the other stuff is missing in the first one... My incapability of scripting enough to make any "puzzles". :( So I didn't even put them in the module.
DOWNLOAD
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Uhg, sorry to doubly post again. :oops:
But here's Posluncted Land module 3:
http://www.mediafire.com/?g97c3beic1cm02o
Same as earliers, nothing in spawn.txt or anything like that, but it has a (at least mostly) finished map.
Here's a screenshot gif:
So, pretty much a huge golden castle. The boss (which is in the objects folder) is an evil monolich demigod. :lol:
loggymany
Grub Bug (Rookie)
Grub Bug (Rookie)

Post by loggymany »

Error : Missing players :(
╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

loggymany wrote:Error : Missing players :(
Of course... :roll: I did say spawn.txt and stuff are empty...
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Hmm, I've been thinking. Because the Posluncted Land is like a lost CONTINENT which is HUUUUUGE... How should it be "hidden"? I mean, I know I thought it could just be done by adding a few hard to find npcs to some modules, etc... But now that I think of it... It seriously should be something more epic.
So I thought of this:
Is it possible to hide something somewhere? For example;
You start in Bishopia, and some npc says something about the Posluncted Land, and you get the [POSL] quest. The npc says NOTHING about where it is, how you find it, etc. and you just have to find it. :lol: You know, there'd be an npc hidden somewhere REALLY well; for exampe, you'd have to go into somewhere which is kind of "out of the borders" of the map; there you'd have to bump the certain npc, and he'd give you a new quest, [PSLA], which would be a G'nome starter-like module: an airship, which you'd control and the module would be HUUUUUUUGELY HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE mountains, sea, volcanos, etc. It'd be kind of like a town; there wouldn't be any forced enemies and exporting could be enabled... But every time you get into a battle with enemies, it'd of course be disabled so you couldn't "cheat" that way.
The goal would be to find a hidden portal (or a hole or something...), where you'd have to bump and then you'd get another module:
[PSLP], the way to the Posluncted Land. A path between high, frozen mountains filled with dangerous monsters, falling snowballs (like the boulder in Tourist starter, but snowy), erupting underground volcanoes, etc etc etc. You'd have quite a lot of allies, the whole crew of the airship; possibly even 10 or 20. The goal of the module would be to get through it all alive. :P

Then you'd get [PSLB], a boss fight. A guardian monster that has been put to guard the entrance into the Posluncted Land by an evil monolich demigod who rules the region. Something like a minotore-yeti. HUGE one. Like so huge that... umm... take the minotore model and set its size to 4.5 or something. THAT HUGE. :rofl:
This would be the part where, naturally, all your allies are forced to die. :lol: Expect one, the captain of the crew. I don't know how it could be done, but well... Maybe the captain would have to stay alive and the othes would have to die? ...the player could kill them himself... :? WEELL, something. :lol:
After you kill the monster, you get to the WHOOOOOOLEEEE HUUUUUUGEEEEEPIIIIIIIC Posluncted Land, divided into [PLSS], [PLSW], [PLSN], [PLSE] as the Southern Posluncted Land, and [PLNS], [PLNW], [PLNN], [PLNE] as the Northern Posluncted Land, and so on. YES IT WOULD BE MASSIVE. But hey. I'm not planning to do it in a day. And alone. ...Unless nobody helps, of course. :P Then I'll die thousand times while doing it, and it'll time 100 years, but I WILL DO IT!

Suggestions? :) What should there be in the Posluncted Land? Huge monsters? 8) Anyone who wants to help with something? :P
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

The problem with hiding a big quest too well is that players might never discover it. I put a lot of work an effort into the Archmage Trials for example, but how many players actually get to play that module?
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Zefz wrote:The problem with hiding a big quest too well is that players might never discover it. I put a lot of work an effort into the Archmage Trials for example, but how many players actually get to play that module?
Hmm... Well yeah. Dunno, but if something's been lost for... umm... long time, it seems funny that you'd automatically find it or something. :lol:

EDIT: Although yeah, it would be a bit pointless if nobody would find it... :lol: Huge things are hard. :P

EDIT2: NOOOOOOOOO!!! ...I didn't realize until now... that last sentence might be a BIT disturbing. :o :shock:
But I won't edit it as it's probably a bit awesome. :rofl:
Maxaxle
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by Maxaxle »

Cool gif, cool map, cool concept!
"Failing to plan is planning to fail."
Bug me if you want to play a game.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

The castle town is kind of in a better shape, BUT. I get a weird thing, which I don't understand, which makes it crash while loading... so I upload the module here if someone knows what the error is.
http://www.mediafire.com/?yd1tacyyt20wle6
Also, I'm quite sure nothing in it works even if it wouldn't crash... Just because I can't do anything properly. :? But well, I'm not worrying that right now. :P
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Stuff for Bishopia library... And yes, scroll2.obj has some different messages, LOL. The last one is probably a bit disturbing, but you know... weird humor ftw! :lol:

DOWNLOAD
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Re: New town development, forest stuff, etc...

Post by woodmouse »

Ooooookay, so I did some stuff to Zippy Village to make it more "lively". :)
List of things added:
-three new npcs (none finished... because I'm having problems with that...)
-peasants all over the place
-graveyard (...sure graveyard is a good way to make a place lively, right? :lol:)
-some other stuff

DOWNLOAD

EDIT: Obligatory screenshorts even though you know what Zippy looks like. :lol:
^one of the ncps, Kletus, a dragonslayer...
^just a peasant...

EDIT2: Oh and btw, the cleric guy is holding santa claus. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY. Seriously, there's no trace of anything about santa in his items, but... holy crap, HE ALWAYS HAS SANTA CLAUS!!! :shock:

EDIT3:

All kinds of random things I've done:
DOWNLOAD
I haven't tested 90% of the things, since I did most of them because I was bored, but well... Some of the stuff:
-Admin character class with a troll-slaying ability...
-A minimally edited Trorc model
-Trorc sounds
-New spells
-Old stuff
-A black bottle (for Mylvin sidequest)
-New skin for Mylvin
-Playable Mylvin...
-Toilet paper
-Slaver

Obligatory Mylvin:
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Man is an npc now... in a desert town that looks like this (only a part of it):

And yeah, I'm making two desert towns at the same time. Because imo there needs to be more sand places. :P

So anyway, Man doesn't really do anything expect talk about his plans to become famous. :lol:

...and if you kill him, it won't attract the guards because he's a tough guy who doesn't want people to interrupt his fights, lol. :P And he says he's one of "30 elite guards", just because, umm, I thought it'd be awesome there's a group of strongest guards... :lol:

btw here's the skin I made for him:
Fur hat and leather pants with suspenders, with gloves and web-sleeves. Scary, right? :D Cimeries, if you're seeing this, tell me how you react... :P
Last edited by woodmouse on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

I'm writing "ancient texts". :P You know, so they can be put somewhere... I only wish they'd have special models... but that can't be helped I guess, so they'll probably... um... be signs or gravestones or something, with different skins. :(

Oh and I'm making a language for the things. Although majority will be in english, but some SMALL parts won't. 8) Talk about free time... For the sake of mysteriousness.

One of them is finished:
Spoiler: big image
If you can't read it... well... umh... I dunno, it should be easy to read even if the font is like that.
In case you're wondering; it's meant for a module I'm making (and will finish, don't worry, it's tiny :P) That's the skin btw if it's not obvious. I just felt like writing in the whole text even though it'll be so small... :lol:
Here's the message.txt in case you can't read from the image:

Code: Select all

Message 0: --BEMOTHEX--
Message 1: Stored_here_are_all_things_the_ancient_elder_gods_kept_precious,_all_texts_
Message 2: they_wrote._Our_time_has_not_come_to_open_this_archive:_when_the_time_is_coming,
Message 3: seven hundred
_prophecies_must_fulfill_first._Only_then_we_shall_open_this_archive
Message 4: of_gods_of_the_gods._
Behold_not,_ye_mortals!_Keep_away_from_Bemothex,_yest_thou
Message 5: wilt face death._Abandon_all_earthly_senses_and_thou_can_peek_upon_Bemothex.
Message 6: Thy_soul_bound_forever_
shall_remain_within_first_room_of_this_archive_of
Message 7: the_elder_gods,_stored_until_doom._Eternal_chaos_and_damnation,_ye_must_face
Message 8: if_thou_peeketh_upon_Bemothex._Mortal_eyes_wilt_not_endure_its_presence_as_it
Message 9: inverts_the_meaning_of_life._Prepare_the_unction_of_bringing_back_the_dead_of
Message 10: poslunct,_and_ye_shalt_witness_Bemothex._Yest_thou_buildeth_upon_Bemothex
Message 11: and_ye_shalt_vanish_from_this_sphere._Alas,_the_elder_gods_erected_this_archive
Message 12: as_righteous_legacy_for_their_descents.
Message 13: Locked_for_good_until_the_time_cometh,_this_archive_shall_remain!_Gods_of_our
Message 14: gods_stored_all_needed_things_for_the_future,_yest_thou_shalt_not_open_it_or_
Message 15: blaspheme_upon_it._Thou_shalt_gaze_upon_the_gates_of_Bemothex,_but_ye_shall
Message 16: not_open_it:_if_ye_do,_ye_shall_be_blinded_and_deafened_until_prophecies_fulfill
Message 17: and_ye_shall_open_it.
Message 18: By_the_holy_name_of_Deusberalios,_this_archive_will_remain_sealed_until_the_
Message 19: following_omens_are_full:_A_reign_of_evil_arises_from_the_Abyss.
Message 20: Said_reign_falls_by_a_powerful_hero.
Message 21: Four_holy_souls_remain_in_this_world_after_death.
Message 22: The_name_of_Demogorgon_will_be_feared.
Message 23: Posluncted_Land will_be_found.
Message 24: Demigods_begin_to_rebel_against_their_gods.
Message 25: Upon_this_archive,_many_people_gather_to_wait.
Message 26: From_the_timeless_dimension,_a_plate_is_found.
Message 27: Godlike_powers_are_given_to_a_man_named_Hunna.
Message 28: Bauxabe_xornidae_omeabe_mworohr.
The last sentence means "dark ancient secrets will cause horror". :P

...so yeah, lots of stuff that happens... :P The plan of the module I'm making is this: it's the "Bemothex" place, filled with all kinds of random things. Although everything there should be powerful (maybe some Archmage orbs, super-strengthed weapons..., etc?) When I'm done with the map, I'll upload it, without any objects or very little. You know, so it'll be mostly empty.
Seth
Chest Mimic (Community member)
Chest Mimic (Community member)

Post by Seth »

¶ Curiöus: did ye get any inſpiration from ðis poſt of mine? I ſee you ƿrote ðe long S at ðe end of ƿordes; meþinks ðat is not proper Engliſh capitaliſation, good ſir. If ye ƿould like, I could edit ðe text.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Seth wrote:¶ Curiöus: did ye get any inſpiration from ðis poſt of mine? I ſee you ƿrote ðe long S at ðe end of ƿordes; meþinks ðat is not proper Engliſh capitaliſation, good ſir. If ye ƿould like, I could edit ðe text.
It's because it's not meant to be like... you know... english english? :P And I don't remember where, but some actual old texts (from 1500's or something) had those even in english, unless I remember wrong... and no, I didn't get inspiration from that, but from being in Wikipedia for too long. :lol: