New town development, forest stuff, etc...

The development of the game itself or new resources for it. Any new stuff you're working on would go here, as well as the discussion of in-development stuff.

Moderator: Developers

Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

The tree houses would just need a slightly modified model and skin.
Also, pain in the bass? That's a pretty cool line. XD
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Agent of Dread wrote:The tree houses would just need a slightly modified model and skin.
Hmmm? What?
Agent of Dread wrote:Also, pain in the bass? That's a pretty cool line. XD
Well, it's kind of like it got a b from butt. :lol:
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

Simply use the existing Tree model. Make it bigger and modify it's texture. No houses can be entered. No shame in keeping it in Egoboo style like the rest of the game.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Zefz wrote:Simply use the existing Tree model. Make it bigger and modify it's texture. No houses can be entered. No shame in keeping it in Egoboo style like the rest of the game.
You mean all houses in all towns shouldn't be entered? :o But why're shops different? Because they have to be like that? :?

I'm kinda confused.
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

Shops different? No, I was thinking shops are just handled like every other shop in the game.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Zefz wrote:Shops different? No, I was thinking shops are just handled like every other shop in the game.
Now I'm even more confused. :o
I mean, in Bishopia, there are some houses that have no roofs and are just walls. And I like doing every house like that, so is that a bad thing? Or did you mean that the ones in Bishopia don't have roofs and are like that because of that? :o
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

I was under the impression that the shops were just walls, they weren't houses with shops inside. The actual houses had rooves and doors and such.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Agent of Dread wrote:I was under the impression that the shops were just walls, they weren't houses with shops inside. The actual houses had rooves and doors and such.
Uh-oh. If that's how it is, I've always been horribly wrong... :shock:
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

Agent of Dread wrote:I was under the impression that the shops were just walls, they weren't houses with shops inside. The actual houses had rooves and doors and such.
Yes.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Zefz wrote:
Yes.
:(
Weeell, maybe all the "houses" in towns that I make are like that. :lol: Different kind of architechture in some other places, perhaps, lol? :P
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

I've decided the big castle city (this) won't be in Lorule, it's some other country. Unless things should be limited to Lorule, of course. But as it's quite different and bigger than Bishopia... :P Yep, you read right. When finished, it'll be four modules, which are southeast part, northeast part, northwest part and southwest part. :)
The one in the .gif image is the southwest part, which is a "mid-class" part of it. Northwest part will be the poorest and the streets are full of slavers, criminals, etc. Southeast will be a rich people's part. Dunno about northeast yet.
bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

Uploaded a tree house to the svn. A model for the stump mimic is coming.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

bgbirdsey wrote:Uploaded a tree house to the svn. A model for the stump mimic is coming.
Ugggggnnnnnnnmmmmmmgggbbbbhghhhhggghhhnnnngggggh now I wish so badly I'd have the svn... But it'd take way too much space from my computer... D:

EDIT:
Started making the Posluncted Land. :P
Spoiler: SLOWLY LOADING GIF
But I'm afraid the plan I had for it is too big for me to make... I mean, it'd require so much passages, scripting, etc... :cry:
If anyone's interested in doing some of that stuff, I upload the module (mostly just the map and objects copied from other modules, and a few things edited from things)
http://www.mediafire.com/?xnrfqfthh2w0n3f

Anyway, so my plan was that there'd be LOTS and lots of doors around (in almost every 2 tiles wide place) and lots of enemies and by killing some of them, some doors would open, some would drop keys, etc. And that the small pyramid-like thing on the roof of one of the "houses" would have some sort of artifact.
I also thought that it'd be cool if some enemies would spawn endlessly from somewhere; although I'm not sure what and where. But well.
Also, I planned that the buttons would be hidden around the module, and pushing them would open passages also... Yeah, my plans are too big and I'm too stupid to be able to make them. :(
WEEEELL, if nobody will do it, I'll just have to change the plans and do something I'm capable of. :lol:
bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

A test version of the tree stump mimic has bee uploaded. It still requires some crucial elements (like the grips) which can be added if the stump is good enough.
octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by octagon »

The Posluncted Land looks really nice in that GIF.
"Stump mimic" sounds awesome. :D