New town development, forest stuff, etc...

The development of the game itself or new resources for it. Any new stuff you're working on would go here, as well as the discussion of in-development stuff.

Moderator: Developers

Seth
Chest Mimic (Community member)
Chest Mimic (Community member)

Re: New town development, forest stuff, etc...

Post by Seth »

woodmouse wrote:It's because it's not meant to be like... you know... english english? :P And I don't remember where, but some actual old texts (from 1500's or something) had those even in english, unless I remember wrong... and no, I didn't get inspiration from that, but from being in Wikipedia for too long. :lol:
¶ There is hardly anything wrong with using “english english”; and while the long S was occasionally used on endings, that practice was informal and non‐standard for many centuries. I am not tryïng to make demands, but I still quæstion your custom.
bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

It seems that you are confusing the singular and plural forms of "you" (thou/thee/thy/thine being singular, and ye/you/your/"yourn" being plural) for effect.

I also changed the word peek for spy, which is more period.
I also fixed some formatting for the list of prophesies.

How about this?

Code: Select all

Message  0: --BEMOTHEX--
Message  1: Stored_here_are_all_things_the_ancient_elder_gods_kept_precious,_all_texts_
Message  2: they_wrote._Our_time_hast_not_come_to_open_this_archive:_when_the_time_is_come,
Message  3: seven_hundred_prophecies_must_fulfill_first._Only_then_we_shall_open_this_archive
Message  4: of_gods_of_the_gods._Behold_not,_you_mortals!_Keep_away_from_Bemothex,_lest_thou
Message  5: wilt_face_death._Abandon_all_earthly_senses_and_thou_mayest_spy_upon_Bemothex.
Message  6: Thy_soul_shall_remain_bound_forever_within_the_first_room_of_this_archive_of
Message  7: the_elder_gods,_stored_until_doom._Eternal_chaos_and_damnation,_ye_must_face
Message  8: if_thou_spyeth_upon_Bemothex._Mortal_eyes_wilt_not_endure_its_presence,_the_which
Message  9: inverts_the_meaning_of_life._Prepare_the_unction_of_bringing_back_the_dead_of
Message 10: poslunct,_and_ye_shalt_witness_Bemothex._Lest_thou_buildest_upon_Bemothex
Message 11: and_ye_shalt_vanish_from_this_sphere._Alas,_the_elder_gods_hath_erected_this_archive
Message 12: as_righteous_legacy_for_their_lineage.
Message 13: Locked_until_the_time_cometh,_shall_remain_this_archive!_Gods_of_our
Message 14: gods_stored_all_needful_things,_lest_thou_shalt_not_open_it_or_
Message 15: blaspheme_upon_it._Thou_shalt_gaze_upon_the_gates_of_Bemothex,_but_ye_shall
Message 16: not_open_it:_if_ye_do,_ye_will_be_blinded_and_deafened_until_prophecies_fulfill
Message 17: and_ye_shall_open_it.
Message 18: By_the_holy_name_of_Deusberalios,_this_archive_shall_remain_sealed_until_the_following_omens_are_full:
Message 19: ~A_reign_of_evil_arises_from_the_Abyss.
Message 20: ~Said_reign_falls_by_a_powerful_hero.
Message 21: ~Four_holy_souls_remain_in_this_world_after_death.
Message 22: ~The_name_of_Demogorgon_will_be_feared.
Message 23: ~Posluncted_Land_will_be_found.
Message 24: ~Demigods_begin_to_rebel_against_their_gods.
Message 25: ~Upon_this_archive,_many_people_gather_to_wait.
Message 26: ~From_the_timeless_dimension,_a_plate_is_found.
Message 27: ~Godlike_powers_are_given_to_a_man_named_Hunna.
Message 28: Bauxabe_xornidae_omeabe_mworohr.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Yeah, I'm not really good with old words. :P Thanks for fixing it.

btw, I made a special paladin npc in the place. He's HUNNA!!!! Yeah I know there is a grave with his name in Bishopia... but not all super paladins die when they die, right? :rofl: I did a backstory of how he got there, and stuff, but if it's too woodyish, just say so, LOL. :lol:

He was in a war healing people, when he was assassinated by someone (...pretty vague, I know :P), and the assassin stole his corpse and brought it in Bishopia's entrance, where people went all shocked and stuff. They hired medical professionals and healers, paladins, etc, to try and work together to resurrect him but they couldn't, so they buried him. *drumroll* ...but of course Hunna wasn't dead completely. His goodness caused him to stay alive (somehow), so he was able to dig his way out of the grave, but accidentally dug the wrong way and bursted into the Catacombs. Then he wandered there for years, until finally found his way out to a place nobody had discovered earlier; Bemothex. Hidden on top of the Catacombs in a way that it's nearly impossible to access, surrounded with mountains and kilometers of deep and dark caves that lead to Catacombs.
He of course couldn't get in there, and the safety mechanism triggered: thousands and thousands of different monsters attacked him endlessly. So he stayed there for years, fighting them. Let's say for 10 years? Only with his mana sword and shield, which were buried with him. Eventually, when he had killed enough, the spirits in the Bemothex fortress were impressed by his strength and so they let him in with special conditions; if he breaks them, he'd be killed. The conditons being: 1) he won't die (immortal people are fun you know) 2) but he's not allowed to use divine magic anymore 3) and he can only go outside the fortress once in a year, 4) and he must guard the place with his life (talk about crossdressing...) 5) if he loses any of the "tournaments" they hold there, he'd be banished into the Catacombs.

I know, a bit weird and vague... but anyway, here's Hunna, with unique skin and stuff (no sounds because I was too lazy):
Download hunna.obj
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Here's the module.
http://www.mediafire.com/?9q9g4ib9jjttqxz

...of course, you'll have to add [BEMO] in quest.txt of a character, because you know there's no way to get it. But there's one problem; even those who have it are attacked, for some reason...
And the second gate doesn't work. The same problem I have with almost all passages... just not working, no matter what I do to it... :?

ALSO!!! I forgot to rename the spawn.txt, so there's spawn.txt and "kopio spawn.txt". Delete the spawn.txt and rename the other one to "spawn.txt" and it works... I'm just afraid of messing everything up in EgoMap. :P
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Here's the sand town I've been doing. It's quite empty and has some errors, but not any really annoying bugs, more like people saying weird things, peasants getting stuck in walls, etc... and it's not full of stuff... but one day, it will be... :P

http://www.mediafire.com/?0m2grf32j7bn7ps
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

If anyone's interested, the epic old guy is now in the top of my priority list (of Egoboo stuff). Just because, you know... uh, epic old guys are epic. :P

So I started working on a script for the epic old guy (mostly of course taking parts from other scripts, lol) and his environment, which could then be redone/moved to the Elf town when it's done. Don't worry, I'm not planning to do it like the shady shopkeeper toilet paper thing, since I'm now pretty sure that stuff like that are too big to do simply as easter eggs no one would even find. :lol: Although there will be toilet paper involved with the epic old guy if my plan works out like I'm planning. So I have a few ideas about what he'd do and stuff, but I'm not sure about them.

Obligatory screenshot of an epic old guy and Man wearing leather pants.

Things done so far:

Completely bugless/finished:
-stolen the script base of the Protectors and tweaked it
-two skins
-a spirit comes out from his body if you kill him

Almost bugless/nearly finished:
-if you give him some special weapon [Myolnr is a placeholder], he says that he used it in some epic battle, and then thank you for "bringing it back to him"... you guess what he does next; he takes it from you. :P
Problem: http://egoboo.sourceforge.net/phpBB3/vi ... 793#p56793
-his spirit

Not even started/ideas:
-if you give him the special weapon, you'd get a new module which would be the epic battle he talks about; playing as the epic old guy. 8)
-an outhouse with loads of toilet paper next to it
-if you give him toilet paper, he gives you [EPIC], which would allow you to do epic things. I have lots and lots and looooooots of ideas what things... :P

Soooo... thoughts? Should the special weapon be something made only for this purpose, or some of the current special weapons? etc
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Epic old guy module (without epic old guy or some other stuff...) is now in a bit better shape, but not finished since the bugs with epic old guy's script caused problems. Although I don't know what the problem even is, since it worked before! But well.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xqni4jbj5s5496i

So, it's basically just a small forest, which is mostly empty. :| But there's the epic old guy and stuff in the "objects" folder, so if someone has any idea what causes the weird message bugs of it, do something to it? :P Seriously, if it works properly for others, then it's something wrong with the complibilbliblibliblity or maybe just something weird... since I don't use the svn. But well.

EDIT: some of the messages of the epic old guy are placeholders btw... you know, like the Posluncted Land stuff, the Bargel's brother stuff. I'll probably just change all of those eventually to something that makes sense... not now, someday when the rest of the stuff is mostly done. But well.
Oh and the thing about the Abyss is just an idea that I had, but I don't know if it'd be retarded, since then you could (technically, although I doubt anyone would realize it) avoid fighting the Dracolich, but well.

The idea was: if you've met the epic old guy, then you could go to the Abyss and say that random gibberish (there'd be like a few options of what to say (you could fail if you forget what it was)) and then like, go to the place. But of course, that'd require the whole place to be done first and some other stuff, but well.

Probably a retarded idea, but well.
penguinflyer2222
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)

Post by penguinflyer2222 »

Wow, you've been making lots of modules and not finishing them. :P
They're pretty interesting and maybe someday they might be finished?
I could help, maybe.
Also I've noticed you like making buildings out of golden stuff. :lol:
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

penguinflyer2222 wrote:Wow, you've been making lots of modules and not finishing them. :P
Yeah, the bugs always stop the progress. :(
penguinflyer2222 wrote:They're pretty interesting and maybe someday they might be finished?
Yeah, if the bugs that always pop out of nowhere would be fixed.
penguinflyer2222 wrote:I could help, maybe.
Hopefully, but I don't know how. :P
penguinflyer2222 wrote:Also I've noticed you like making buildings out of golden stuff. :lol:
Yeah. :lol:
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

The screenshots looks interesting. Nice tree!
octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by octagon »

penguinflyer2222 wrote:Also I've noticed you like making buildings out of golden stuff. :lol:
Is this possibly related to poslunction and/or potatoes?
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

I posted a reply the first time I saw that post, a long time ago. :?

...then I noticed it didn't get posted, so I posted again, some time ago... :(

...but now it's still not there. :cry:

WHY SO MANY TIMES WHEN I TRY TO POST SOMETHING WITH A QUOTE, IT DOESN'T GET POSTED?!!? :shock: mdfösmfaöflwfmöweäkaaldff,gfä it's annoying. Weeeeeeeeeell, what I intended to post was simply just "Yeah. :P" or something like that, so...

I kinda finished the "Bemothex", but for some reason there's a script error about treasure tables not existing or something... :? I just copied the "%NORMAL_TREASURE" and "%TREASURE_RARE" and other things from other modules, so yeah, that's probably why, but well. That's the only problem as far as I know (I didn't test the whole module though... but at least it doesn't crash while loading!). And it's pretty dark, so a torch or something is pretty useful. :P
http://www.mediafire.com/?2606ajy68o65805

Alazamir
Tome Mimic (Ex-Developer)
Tome Mimic (Ex-Developer)

Post by Alazamir »

Ah finally what i've been waiting for :) forest modules, outdoor terrain. wheee.
:) truelly i love outdoor areas.
through thorn of thick and lands of plenty came Alazamir to the many
www.techywizard.com
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

*drumroll*

This one town I've been doing is kind of finished! Of course, it's not perfect, or actually "finished" in that it's quite empty and doesn't have shops, etc. but it's finished to the point where I can't really work on it anymore (since I still can't get shops to work for whatever reason), at least without simply stuffing more NPCs in and whatnot, but that can be done later, assuming someone has the motivation to do shops and whatever more is needed for it to be functionable enough to actually be "finished". Of course, since pretty much no one does anything that has anything to do with Egoboo anymore, consistently at least, it's kind of pointless for me to even post this, but well. Pointless or not, it's still... uh... dunno.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6k99xptbgqg13b8

And some screenshots:

There's one pervert-NPC (in the first screenshot, the brown guy in the corner), so if that's too perverted for Egoboo, and this gets anywhere ever, then obviously that can be changed into something less perverted. But he's supposed to be a pervert, since, you know, perverts are cool. Although if anyone said things like that to me, I'd punch them in the face... but since no one would really be like that, it's funny! Or at least supposed to be. And for whatever reason, he keeps walking against a wall... and his script is kinda buggy or whatever, since he doesn't go poof when he's supposed to. I don't know why, but it's probably becase I kind of didn't even look at the AiDocs.txt most of the time, lol...