Status Update

The development of the game itself or new resources for it. Any new stuff you're working on would go here, as well as the discussion of in-development stuff.

Moderator: Developers

Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Status Update

Post by Zefz »

For those who are interested in what's currently happening with Egoboo development.

There are three different branches in the SVN now:

2.6.x
This is the original long developed branch where we left off. This one is kinda abandoned since we started with the 2.9.x branch.

2.8.x
I recently created this branch as a hybrid from a older revision of 2.6.x and I've been adding in the major bugfixes from the latest revision in the 2.6.x branch. This is what I plan to release as Egoboo 2.8.1 soon. 2.8.1 will mostly be bugfixes and is going to replace the current 2.8.0 release which has some exporting issues. 2.8.1 will be released with some known issues, but not game breaking ones like those in 2.8.0.

2.9.x
This is where the future of Egoboo lies! The code has been ported to C++ and this branch is under heavy development, currently unplayable. At this moment we are trying to make this branch stable so that it can be played/tested in some degree. At that point (somewhere far in the future) we can look forward to the more exciting aspects of development, such as networking :)
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

2.9.x sounds great! I hope you can pull it all together! :)
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Crispy
Grub Bug (Rookie)
Grub Bug (Rookie)

Post by Crispy »

What about 2.7.x? Any development there or has there ever been? >_> You just skipped a number or what?

Anyways, i'm really looking forward to the later versions especially those coded using C++. Keep up the good work guys! :wink:
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Crispy wrote:What about 2.7.x? Any development there or has there ever been? >_> You just skipped a number or what?
2.7x has been already. It was quite unstable.
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

The 2.7.x releases were built from the 2.6.x svn branch.
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

Post by penguinflyer5234 »

except for 2.7.5 and 2.7.7, they were development releases based off of the old trunk in the svn.