Egoboo 2.9.x development

The development of the game itself or new resources for it. Any new stuff you're working on would go here, as well as the discussion of in-development stuff.

Moderator: Developers

bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Egoboo 2.9.x development

Post by bgbirdsey »

BLAH I will add something here BLAH

Mostly about why there is now a 2.9.x branch, and why I am trying it in c++
Last edited by bgbirdsey on Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

A bunch of junk has already gone on, but the program is almost running normally now....
  • ARGH! I discovered a problem with my OpenGL driver where the gl display list was crashing the OpenGL .dll ! Anyway, I hope this is not something that will plague the development. Maybe a Global parameter for "use display lists"?
  • Added a win32-only bit of code to catch the exception being generated by the .dll. It will be removed shortly.
  • completely removed the mmgr.h dependency, since it was mis-interpreting the system memory allocations and causing the program to hang on exit and not let me turn off my computer normally. Double yuck.
  • Made some updates to the graphics. The DITHER option was being interpreted as a high graphics option, when it is a very low graphics option that was meant to help out 8-bit and 16-bit color. I separated this from the MIPMAP_HINT option and adjusted the 3d fx code in the menu to make a "possibly" better combination
  • changed the way that the texture filter stuff is stored in the config file, as ##_BLAH, where the number is used to determine the texture filter number (assumes a 0 == TX_UNFILTERED if there is no number). The text is ignored by the machine on input, and output as the correct name when the file is saved.