EGOBOO -- Another editor

The development of the game itself or new resources for it. Any new stuff you're working on would go here, as well as the discussion of in-development stuff.

Moderator: Developers

penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

Re: EGOBOO -- Another editor

Post by penguinflyer5234 »

int tolower(int) is ANSI C, so yes; it should be defined in all "modern" C compilers in ctype.h.
bitnapper
Tome Mimic (Module Baker)

Post by bitnapper »

Code in SVN is adjusted. I replaced the 'strlwr' by a short piece of code which uses the 'tolower()'-Function (File reading and name comparision).

I have some more ideas to keep the display code apart from the game mechanics. To save the usage of the platform dependent 'dir' command I added a file calles 'modules.txt' for reading in the directory names of all modules. I've planned to complete as much as possible of the game mechanics before I work on the display- and collision-code.
Two beer or not two beer... rather a malt whisky
bitnapper

Post by bitnapper »

Progress bar: XXXXX_______________ 25% :)

I restructured some data to make the script function calls and the decoding simpler. Packed the whole bunch of booleans into bit-arrays which can be checked by a simple IF FlagSet(FLAG_NO). Prepared the loading of all module descriptions. I have also written a simplified spell code for loading and executing the 'enchant.txt'. The code for the game mechanics itself should be completed in about two weeks. After that I'll attack the 3D-display code and the feedback from collisions to the game mechanics.

The next SVN-Update for the 'game' code I estimate to have on saturday evening. Choosing a 'new' game with display of the map and the spawn points as in the editor. Beside that I work offline on the script code.

Now for the fun part... :D
Two beer or not two beer... rather a malt whisky