Egoboo 2.8.1, 2.8.2, Windows 7: New players won't show up.

Help regarding development/scripting, troubleshooting or just general gameplay -- anything that hasn't already been answered in the Wiki or pinned FAQs.

Moderator: Developers

Maxaxle
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Egoboo 2.8.1, 2.8.2, Windows 7: New players won't show up.

Post by Maxaxle »

Here's the process:
1. I start and beat the Adventurer module without issue.
2. I return to the main menu and hit "Load Game".
3. Nothing shows up besides the background image and the "Back" button. Music still plays, game stays responsive.

Any ideas?
"Failing to plan is planning to fail."
Bug me if you want to play a game.
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

Re: Egoboo 2.8.1, 2.8.2, Windows 7: New players won't show u

Post by penguinflyer5234 »

I think those versions have a bug where the first in the list doesn't appear.
Maxaxle

Re: Egoboo 2.8.1, 2.8.2, Windows 7: New players won't show u

Post by Maxaxle »

Your fix works, but while trying to test your solution, I came across a different bug: the Elf in the Elf Starter seems to run into bear traps that aren't there. Additionally, the "N" key seems to bring up some sort of network chat even though I bound it as "right hand inventory".

EDIT: Okay, so I ran into more bugs.
1. Apparently K'Nife isn't regarded as a thing doors should stay open for, but thankfully he doesn't get crushed in them.
2. The Book of Ring of Fire has the wrong icon.
3. In the following order, I did some of the Starters: Adventurer, Soldier, Adventurer, Rogue. As a result, only the Adventurers and the Rogue are showing up. Earlier, before I did the Rogue Starter, only the Soldier and the second Adventurer showed up. No idea what that's about.
4. Crossbow bolts that get stuck in the ground can get stuck in NPCs and the player if they walk past.
5. In the Rogue Starter, my Rogue kept getting Cobols "in the back" when it was more like a facestab. I think I mentioned this glitch years ago.
6. The Tile Mimics in the Sand Palace seem to have exceptionally poor hit detection. They actually phased right through my Adventurer, and I couldn't get them to be crushed by the doors (the tiles just got stuck in place).
7. All sorts of collision weirdnesses, mostly with Tranches (jumping at me, bouncing off) and Cobols (same approximate deal). The result of each collision weirdness is that both parties bounce away from each other.
8. Overall, 2.8.1 seems to perform much worse than...IDK, 2.4.2? What's with that?
"Failing to plan is planning to fail."
Bug me if you want to play a game.