Game won't run

Help regarding development/scripting, troubleshooting or just general gameplay -- anything that hasn't already been answered in the Wiki or pinned FAQs.

Moderator: Developers

Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

Toadie wrote:I have problem with open "my egoboo stuff" , when I select taht file it's making grey and unable to open , it is some like empty .
As vanillared said: C:\Users\UserAccount\AppData\Roaming\egoboo
bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

Zefz,

according to this site (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libr ... 10%29.aspx), %APPDATA% should be either "C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data" or "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming" depending on the system.

But after the 1st time you click on the link, it will resolve the env variable in he link to your own system specific directory. So, I always make my version of the My Egoboo Stuff.lnk" to be read only so that there is no possibility of me changing the link by using it.
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

OK I will make it read only as well then. Does this file attribute follow the file when copied to another system?
bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

For the installer, it would depend on the archiving/compression method used by your installer program. I can tell you that it does not affect the svn at all, and afaik there is no way to specify read-only on files in the svn.