Help with summoning / stuff like that

Help regarding development/scripting, troubleshooting or just general gameplay -- anything that hasn't already been answered in the Wiki or pinned FAQs.

Moderator: Developers

woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Zefz wrote:Also, know that in spawn.txt you no longer need to use slot numbers, you can simply use -1 for any slot number and Egoboo will fix all slots for you, preventing any slot number collisions!
Whoa. :o That's awesome, but kinda strange.

Also off topic, but YAY I LEARNT HOW TO MAKE PASSAGES PROPERLY!!! :woo: So the boss Bargel module will have LOTS AND LOTS of doors, buttons and other weird things! :woo: Though I still don't understand how to make shops properly. :lol: If I would, I'd make some towns, possibly even the Acropolis place...
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

Simply use AddShopPassage and all items that are grabbed or dropped in that passage will be bought or sold. Copy the shopkeeper script from zippy.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Zefz wrote:Simply use AddShopPassage and all items that are grabbed or dropped in that passage will be bought or sold. Copy the shopkeeper script from zippy.
Uhgh, it's still hard. :lol: I mean, the spawning objects without slot numbers thing... :?

EDIT: I mean, getting used to it.
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

Yeah, but it's a lot better than the old system ;) Ideally we should be able to do messages, objects spawning, etc. all through strings.

tmpargument = "cobol"
SpawnExactCharacterXYZ

tmpargument = "Why hello there"
SendMessage

etc.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Zefz wrote:Yeah, but it's a lot better than the old system ;) Ideally we should be able to do messages, objects spawning, etc. all through strings.

tmpargument = "cobol"
SpawnExactCharacterXYZ

tmpargument = "Why hello there"
SendMessage

etc.
That'd be... so awesome. :shock:
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Umghmblghmlmgh... I just don't understand the shop stuff! D: I mean, how do the dependency things work with shops? Because it seems so random and weird...
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

Don't use the old shop system. Rather use the new shop system where you simply create a shop passage and then spawn the items into the shop through spawn.txt (instead of scripts!). This is now possible due to random treasure tables, because before you could only randomize items if it was done through shops (complicated scripts with dependency spawning, strict slot number rules etc.)

tmpargument = 5
AddShopPassage

Passage 5 is now a shop! The owner of the shop is the character who run the function. Use spawn.txt to spawn whatever you want into the shop. Egoboo handles everything else.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Zefz wrote:Don't use the old shop system. Rather use the new shop system where you simply create a shop passage and then spawn the items into the shop through spawn.txt (instead of scripts!). This is now possible due to random treasure tables, because before you could only randomize items if it was done through shops (complicated scripts with dependency spawning, strict slot number rules etc.)

tmpargument = 5
AddShopPassage

Passage 5 is now a shop! The owner of the shop is the character who run the function. Use spawn.txt to spawn whatever you want into the shop. Egoboo handles everything else.
Ohhhh... That sounds so simple that it's hard to believe... 8)