Bodies

Have an idea or great plots for Egoboo? Post them here!

Moderator: Developers

Maxaxle
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by Maxaxle »

octagon wrote:I also got a few ideas what to do with bodies.
-It's said in the trogs descriptions that they like grub bugs. So there could somehow be a small chance to make a trog your ally when giving a dead grub bug to him.
- Some bodies should be sellable in shops - that should only affect those either considered to be edible (like crabs or sheep) or containing something rare or useful (like the Cobra's skin and poisin teeth)
-Paladins shouldn't be able to collect something as squicky as corpses- except of fallen allies to revive them.
-Necromancers should maybe get a morbid ability to use corpses in a special way.
-Lumpkins should be able to disembowel dead animals or to just eat them. It just fits them to chew on half-rotten bats.

Uberbump! :o

Aside from that, I think it's a great idea! But what of Zombis? Would they eat the brains of the dead, or zombify them, or what?
"Failing to plan is planning to fail."
Bug me if you want to play a game.
octagon

Post by octagon »

Maybe they should somehow talk to them if bumped and get a chance depending on level that the bodies stand up zombified?
Maxaxle

Post by Maxaxle »

octagon wrote:Maybe they should somehow talk to them if bumped and get a chance depending on level that the bodies stand up zombified?

This isn't a horror game, but the bumping part makes sense if you touch them within 5 seconds of death (murmuring, groaning, etc.) and you killed them by 5 HP or less (if you uberkilled them with bombs, they're not going to say anything).
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Maxaxle wrote:This isn't a horror game

But that doesn't mean that it's not a good mechanic. I like that idea, and I think it should be implemented, and it wouldn't be too hard to do either, from my experience.

And all that other stuff you mentioned, with the 5 minutes and 5 HP, that's just, as I like to call it, Creature Feep.

The way I see it, Zombis aren't very challenging to fight, even their strongest form can be defeated with a shield or some maneuvering. This will add a little twist that will hopefully make combat with them more interesting.
:wink:
octagon

Post by octagon »

I didn't even mean it to be horror, but just as a strange skill because the Zombis seem to me just like some kind of a big and morbid joke. The Zombis are very weird and it would be logical in-game because it's common for dark magic (like the necromancy sustinaing the Zombis) to mark off on its surroundings. It would be funny if the Zombi says "Hi fellow" or so and there's a small chance that the body reacts.
bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

The main antagonists in the game are the undeads and the necromancers, so maybe making the undead more of a thread will highlight this?
Maxaxle

Post by Maxaxle »

bgbirdsey wrote:The main antagonists in the game are the undeads and the necromancers, so maybe making the undead more of a thread will highlight this?

I couldn't agree more. Or maybe I could.