New inventory system

Have an idea or great plots for Egoboo? Post them here!

Moderator: Developers

Midnight_Carnival
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Re: New inventory system

Post by Midnight_Carnival »

Well, since I can't even manage the simplest programming/scritping, I can only give "it's elephants all the way down" perspectives/suggestions so if you'll be patient...

I don't know if the linear item menu is actually best, but I can suggest the following: certain items can have an optional side box which appears when you have them in hand. As I suggested, potions, perhaps even scrolls can be equipped not in hand so that they can be drank in battle without dropping sword, shield, etc... ranged weapons can be stacked so that if your silver crossbow runs out of bolts you change to your other corssbow, for spellbooks (perhaps only certain characters) could have a grimoire and copy spells into it, the item occupies only one slot on the inventory, but when the button which does whatever is pushed, it changes spells. Sporks, amulets and bracelets could be moved to a menu upstairs, one with only two slots.

Most of my suggestions seem to require that you have to have a lot of extra keys, I can't think of an elegant way to simplify the system and the gameplay at the same time. That is the job for the guy who really is clever, rather than the guy who just shouts random suggestions which he may not even really want to see in the game :cheers: