New ideas

Have an idea or great plots for Egoboo? Post them here!

Moderator: Developers

woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Re: New ideas

Post by woodmouse »

Zefz wrote:Afaik there are no druids in Egoboo yet.
Yeah but there's druid.obj and Purple was making one, which doesn't seem that much retarded. (...or whatever the word is...) It wouldn't be that much work to make it into a finished class. The biggest problem (work needed) would be making some spells that only the druids can use... but it could be started by just adding a few things around. If I wouldn't be so hyperactive already, I'd do that, but because I'm already jumping everywhere and screaming while pulling my hair making things, LOL. :rofl:

Would it be obviously too rushed if it was done like this?
-when the druid bumps something natural (tree, rock, animals) their health/mana would be restored a bit and if they'd use natural items (plants, etc) they could be used like spells.
That could be expanded to things like bumping dead trees and picking up things made of wood, when there'd be messages that only come for the druid ("%n feels this tree lived a long and peaceful life", "this tree used to be beautiful", "is there bird poop here?", etc)

If it'd be worth it, probably gonna start doing that. But if that way would be ovious that it's done so fast and easily, I'm not sure. :P

EDIT:
Another idea regarding druids: they couldn't use torches or have pets? Because they're so "natural" it'd seem weird if they'd go around with a burning piece of wood or if they'd "enslave" animals.
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by octagon »

I'd like it if they could have animal companions instead of pets (though I am not sure what would be the difference. Probably they could somehow beneficially influence each other, the druid would have special spells to enchant the companion or launch it as a weapon (:o ? (nested brackets ftw)) and the druid would go all screwed up if the companion died, and so on...) and/or morph into animals themselves (can't DnD druids do that? I think I remember that from OotS...).
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

I would envision Druids as the Divine version of Elves. (maybe in the same manner elves are different from wizards, but instead of arcane we are talking divine?)
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

So Druids are elves? :o Hmm, but wouldn't that mean they'd be double-effective? I mean, if they'd get divine magic and nature magic, would they lose the arcane magic ability? If so, wouldn't there need to be an explanation to why? Otherwise this is what would happen (imo):

-elf gets druid stuff
-is happy
-loses arcane magic
-rage

:lol:
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

Maybe we could allow Druids to be some sort of Mystic then? (allows both arcane and divine)
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Then the Mystic needs extra spanciness... :lol:

Anyway: not sure if I should post this in the mythology/history/whatever thread or here, but whatever, I post it here because... well. Not sure.

I've been thinking of an npc that would tell the time and year in every possible calculation system, when he's bumped. Or maybe he'd have some kind of signs which tell those things, not sure. But you know, an old bearded guy who's been in the same place for too long, keeping track of EVERYTHING, that he's kind of like... um... rooted there. You know, so he'd have kind of grown into the place. Not sure if literally, but well. So he'd be like the cliched epic old guy who knows everything, but he doesn't tell everyone everything, kind of like in a Yoda-type of way, but just x100. :lol: I made a backstory for him, and stuff (epicness/weirdness overload, lol):

He was a peasant born in like year 0 in some other continent, where he worked as a shepherd and was just a normal guy, until he started learning arcane magic because of some wizard who came there. In just a few years, he became a well-known wizard himself, and when he was like 20, he became an archmage. Then he retired (young age retirement, yay! :lol:) and worked as a healer in his hometown. The wizard who was earlier in the town died of his old age, and the new archmage was so shocked that he started being obsessed about a spell that'd make it possible to make someone younger (you know, super healing or something), because he didn't want to use necromancy or anything like that, and then he managed to do that, and started developing some kind of extrasupermegaspell, that would make him able to go back in time to save the old wizard. Well, naturally he was old himself when he finished all that, and when he went back in time, he died of his age. :P
Because of that, he got trapped in some weird vortex with the other old wizard. They struggled to find a way out, but couldn't, and spent a loooong time there, until they discovered there was no time and that they could spend their endless time doing something useful, and as such they begun learning divine magic. Well, time went on and on, for... over 9000 million years (or something) and eventually the other one of them (not sure which) had turned into a woman (creepy, I know) and they spent another 9000 million years, which ended with them having fused together somehow. Then they came out, because the extrasuperhypermega powerful magic they had was too much for anything to handle. The time around them (you see where this is going, right?) was twisted so they were "trapped" in that weird time vortex which was wrapped around them. Anyone who'd touch them, would be sucked in and fuse into them.

So, that's how I think all Mystics should be. 8)

Anyway, umm, the old bearded person would be that hypermegasuperultramass of people, who knows everything ever happened and everything that ever will happen. :rofl:

Mystic hero class module idea
...I *think* it'd be awesome if the Mystic module would be like a town which is like... umm... reverse colors? I dunno what the word for it is, but you know what I mean. And everything in it would also have those weird creepy colors, and sounds would be reversed, music would be really creepy, etc. The goal would be to "absorb" everything in the town. Naturally, you'd need to do something else as well, but well.... Anything epic. It'd be kind of like in the character's mind, you know, so there could be anything. ANYTHING.

The big work in that would be reversing everything... it'd be overly boring to do that. :P So maybe just having random sounds for every object (not randomized, but weird and non-fitting ones) would be best. The whole module would be one huge mindturtlekneepack. :D

I'd start working on it, but I thought, if anyone has any ideas for it? How would the absorbing be done, etc. because my idea for that would be as simple as having this for every character in the module (slightly edited of course for everyone):

Code: Select all

IfBumped
  SetTargetToWhoeverBumped
  IfTargetIsAPlayer
    tmpargument = [MYS1] ([MYS2], [MYS3], etc)
    IfTargetHasQuest
      tmpargument = X
      tmpdistance = EXPROLEPLAY
      GiveExperienceToTarget
      tmpargument = X
      PlaySound
      SendMessageNear
      GoPoof
...and what sort of enemies there should be? Everything in the game, just with extra creepiness?

EDIT: another, alternative idea:

Having the player to go through both Wizard Starter and Healer Starter with the character, and if they do that, they'd become Mystic. Of course both would be with extra weirdness, so they'd be mindturtlekneepacks as well. :P I kind of like this idea myself more now that I came up with it, LOL.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Tiny bump and some new ideas for Paladin sidequests:

Ancient temple
A place that was used by paladins as a temple some time ago (not too long, maybe 10 years), but they all died when some evil thing (the Dracolich?) attacked there, and it'd be just plant-overgrown ruins with ghosts in there, and in the end a door and a 'boss' who would've been the paladins' leader of some sort, who actually survived alive from the attack somehow. There'd be a peaceful way out from it, maybe something like, he says "don't open that door and just return to where you came from or you die" or something and if you open the door anyway, he'll attack you. If not, he'd follow you (in case you'd come back to the room and open the door (then he'd kill you)) and when almost out of the place, give some kind of reward for respecting his wish. Not sure how that could be done to prevent the player from going back anyway... but I'm pretty sure it would be possible, and if it'd require spawning invisible walls or something, then that way... :P
The paladin boss guy would be like very strong, but very slow; however, he could teleport, so if the player gets close enough to the door, or escaping, he could come right behind them and smash them to death in one hit. 8) Would be epic.

Wouldn't have to be that hard, apart from the optional boss. You know, so if the player character would be strong enough, they could pwn him and get something awesome like some ancient mullet that contains the soul of the boss, and it'd give advice to them if idle, say random things (could be a good place to add some easter eggs too), etc. and obviously be powerful.

Obscure domain of some mysterious dark thing
Some random Archmage would give this quest, maybe he could be in some non-town module in a hiding place?
This would have to be an extremely hard module, kind of a castle place, filled with demons, undead, evil people, etc. and some unexplained monsters (you know, ones that were thought to be extinct and forgotten). There would be no actual boss in this one either, but of course, there would be some mysterious dark door with some mysterious dark key right next to it, and behind it some mysterious dark thing. Yeah, that would be its name... I just love it, is that so wrong? :| If you'd open the door, he gets out and would literally be impossible to kill, and the only way to win would naturally be... SEALING HIM WITH A SPECIALLY MADE TOILET ORB!!! Well, not sure how that could be done, but like, maybe if the NPC who gives the player the quest also gives an orb before he goes there just in case... and he'd say something about how they should NOT open the door, and that it's not sarcasm and blah blah. You know. And if they sell the orb, and open the door, or something like that... some mysterious dark thing escapes. :twisted:
Anyway, if they manage to seal him, or don't let him out in the first place, the module would end with just a message that they're a good guy, etc. and blah blah, and get some exp and stuff. :P
Obviously, there would be a few special characters who were some ancient Archmages who became evil. ;) They wouldn't be bosses, but needless to say, they'd be hard to beat, and wouldn't die either, but simply go unconscious for just enough to escape. Kinda like the same way ghouls work when they're 'killed'. There would be a special way to kill them (throwing toilet paper at them (not)), which would change the outcome somehow, maybe the NPC who gave the quest would be scared of how strong the player character is, and use his epic archmage powers to alert everyone about him as a dangerous dude who is dangerous, which would make it impossible to go into Zambini's and the warlock's shops (even though I have no idea why a paladin would go there in the first place...). But I mean, if they'd try to buy something from those, they'd simply automatically steal it and then get attacked like they'd be criminals. They actually would be, so... :P

Paladin town
Just a random paladin town but it got taken over by demons. They'd either have to be killed, or just simply ignored and you could be in the town like any town, but things would be like... 10 times more expensive, it'd be impossible to leave without giving something to them, etc. That kind of drawbacks. Obviously, if you'd kill the demons, a normal version of the town would be unlocked.

~

Sidequests for Archeologists:

Excavation place
A peaceful module which would be kind of a slum town built inside an excavation place. The owner of the place would be a dude named Lahzabron, some kind of rich person, and he'd give a sidequest to help his workers to dig a very deep hole. Of course, the player's job would be to kill all the monsters that would come to interrupt. :lol: Eventually, if you'd hang there long enough for them to finish digging, there would be a gigantic fossil of an 'Elder Draconian' who was the king of the Draconians but let himself to be frozen and buried alive in order to stop a war or something like that. You know, he wouldn't be "MURDER MURDER GRAAH!!!" type of evil, but "POWER POWER MWAHAHA!!!" evil, who puts others in front of himself, if it's for actual greater good. :o It would be made clear that their intentions are to get him back to life, and bribe him to kill everyone (other than themselves). There would be two choices; either to kill the workers and Lahzabron or let them do the fossil thing. If you'd let them do it, the sidequest would continue into preventing the Elder Draconian from doing anything bad, by any means necessary (killing him would be the most obvious choice, lol).

Not sure how this could be done. Probably can't, but well, it's just an idea.

Secret treasure place
Just a typical dungeon with lots of treasury... nothing big, you know. Some dude in Zippy Village gives the quest to go there and get a lot of valuable stuff and then share some of the treasures with the town. If you don't, nothing would happen, but the guy would be disappointed and say something like "You're a selfish bassturd!" and disappear. :P There would be enemies there, and they'd mostly be grub bugs, tranches and snakes, etc. Maybe a few Protectors (if that was what they're called) or trolls.
octagon

Post by octagon »

woodmouse wrote:and if it'd require spawning invisible walls or something, then that way...
HCBailly wrote:Invisible plot wall!
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

New idea for a siqequest, WHICH IS POSSIBLY NOT SAFE FOR SANITY:

The Elder Pervert Council
The main part of the quest would be to get respected by The Elder Pervert Council, some kind of mysterious leaders of a secret clan of perverts, and enabling a new skill and getting some epic items. :P

So, there'd be an NPC, some kinda peasant guy, in some town who'd go around saying stuff like "Oh dear, I lost my wedding ring...", and then you'd have to find it for him. Obviously, this would be in the town, you know. The ring would spawn when you'd bump him, at some random place in the module.
When you'd give it to him, he'd tell you about how he suspects 'The Pervert Cult' of stealing it and doing "dirty things" with it. What these dirty things would be, obviously would be left out, to deepen their pervertedness. Of course, a new module would be unlocked, "The Road to the Clan of the Pervertedness".

It'd be a forest/mountain/whatever outdoors place, with some enemies, but not any perverts yet. Possibly guards, crabs, lumpkins, etc... the guards would want you to turn back before you find out "a really dark secret that you don't want to know, no matter how perverted you are!" The natural thing to do would be either ignoring them, or killing them. :P

After that, a "Shrine of the Pervertedness/Capital of the Pervertedness" would be unlocked. It'd be just a tiny place where the first perverts are encountered. They'd be mostly a combination of assassins and guards; first hiding, when discovered, say stuff (stuff like "I heard a rumor that The Elder Pervert Council has decided to make the old tradition of bringing virgins on the Shrine's stairs so they can be sacrificed to the Reincarnation of the Great Tentacle God illegal", and other stuff like that) and try to backstab you, etc. :rofl:
When all of them would be dead (a few, not many, maybe 5 of them in total?), you'd need to go through a somehow pervertified trapdoor in the center of the module (with a key that the last one of them drops), and teleport to another part of the module (to avoid having unnecessary many of them) which would be kind of a town, but still not really a town, but more like... hmmm, the kind of place that perverted people like being in. I don't know exactly what it'd be like, but you get the idea. Maybe a shop with used underwear in it and the shopkeeper would be a weird guy in a Hawaii shirt or something like that, a shop with various books with some perverted stuff in them, etc. You know, nothing too perverted of course (or at least not unfunnily perverted... maybe overboard pervertedness that's funny, if that'd be appropiate? Something like a book "How to Sacrifice Virgins to the Reincarnation of the Great Tentacle God", etc...). Basically the point of the place would be to find out where The Elder Pervert Council is. Some shady guy who's kinda hiding would tell you that it's on the other side of the Abysmal Chasm of Forgotten Perversion, which he'd say is a very dangerous place, and no one should go there unless they're extremely perverted. Obviously, you'd have to cross that place, and it'd be packed with all kinds of weird monsters (hard to not overdo it... at least so it'd be fitting to Egoboo, but maybe... Lubricant Wierds? Sex Ed Lumpkins? Nymphomaniac Ghouls? Crossdressing Cobols? ...well, yeah, I know... um... not exactly as weird as I could think of, but I don't want to bother thinking of something that would be too 'sexual' or that I'd get banned for thinking of a retarded sidequest :P). ANYWAY.

Once you'd have crossed the chasm, there'd be The Bizarre Temple and Harem of The Elder Pervert Council. It'd be a place similar to the Palaces (where the sporks are) but wouldn't be any kind of like those, you know like... um, a royal looking place. It wouldn't be big, just maybe like 16x16 tiles or something. There'd be some female NPCs who say random stuff when bumped in there (maybe something like "The Elder Pervert Council are really gigantically supermassive down there" (heh heh double meanings... :rofl: or maybe not that straightforwardly... :roll: )), and in the center at the back, the floor would be a bit deeper (not a pit but kinda similar) and there'd be four huge NPCs (some kind of giants, you know 8) (also why the "big down there" would be at least partially funny)) who'd need to look many kinds of perverted in different ways. They'd be The Elder Pervert Council, whose job is to keep the pervertedness of Lorule at a certain level, so it wouldn't go too much above or below. :P Kinda like... um. I don't know, not wizards, but just able to use a few weird abilities like "pervert" and "unpervert" or something like that. They'd give you a few missions, which would be doing somehow raising the pervertedness level of Lorule to be what it should be. :mrgreen: What these things would be, I don't know, but well. It's not hard to make up some weird perverted things, keeping them from being too perverted is. :lol:

Anyway, if you'd successfully beat all the little quests they give, you'd get a new ability, "pervert", which would be similar to Truesight in some ways (you know what I mean (but not like full nakedness obviously)) and also make hiding without moving easier, etc. and have some kind of effect on how NPCs in towns react, but not much. Intelligence or some other thing would make the chance of successfully using it higher. Using it would be done in a similar way to healing, maybe.

BUT if you'd kill them, their powers would go into an orb, which Archmages could use, and it'd be named "Pervertedness of The Elder Pervert Council" or something like that. When used, it wouldn't do any typical pervert stuff... imagine the surprise the players would have, when they first discover it, and plan to test it (it couldn't be used in the Temple place (just like all orbs), there'd be a message that'd be something like "The Temple is warded against orbs..."), then go to a town and start charging it... ominous sparkles come up from everything... a few thunders... they're like "wtf? I haven't even stopped charging yet?!", and keep charging... the ball in their hand gets bigger and bigger, as do the thunders that come from the sky... then they let it go and BOOOOOOOM AN ENORMOUS MEGALOAD OF DESTRUCTION WIPES EVERYTHING TO THE GROUND!!!! GIGANTIC THUNDERS!!! LOADS OF METEORITES!!! A HUGE FLOOD!!! EARTHQUAKE!!! MYSTERIOUS IMMENSE MONSTERS SPAWN OUT OF NOWHERE FOR A FEW SECONDS AND KILL ALMOST EVERYONE WHO'S LEFT ALIVE!!! Everything in the place would be disintegrated completely, without even one undamaged thing left there, maybe some NPCs/monsters could survive it, but not many. If done in a town, houses would be on fire, trees would fall, etc... I'm not sure how this could be done, but it'd be seriously epic. 8)

The next time you'd go to any town, there'd be a new NPC who would explain that The Elder Pervert Council was in fact some ancient, supposedly dead, Archmages who had decided to form a weird cult or something, and that now that you've found them (and killed them...), it's finally possible for innocent citizens to be really purely innocent. :mrgreen:

....I know this whole idea is seriously messed up and all, but I think it'd be interesting, or at least weird.
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

Yeah, that is seriously messed up. :D Although the explanation of the Council at the end is pretty novel. If you changed the subtext it could actually be a pretty epic questline.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Yet another idea for a new epicly huge sidequest, which would be pretty hard and time-consuming to make and stuff, but well:

The Forgotten Route of the Lost Adventurers (or something)
Basically, it would be one enormous forest map, where you'd need to go after some kinda oldish man in some town would tell you about his two sons and one daughter who always went to the forest to play when they were kids, and one day they didn't come back ten years ago; he'd hint that he suspects they escaped.

It's pretty obvious he'd want you to find them and whether or not they're alive anymore. Naturally, because the forest is big, it'd be extremely hard to find them, and especially since you'd be left with only very few clues: the girl had an enchanted dagger that freezes everything it's stabbed with (to protect herself from evil old perverts and prevent them from escaping) and one of the boys had apparently stolen an old family sword before they disappeared (he'd say something like "my other son always expressed interest in that sword, so he must've stolen it... hopefully it has kept them alive, wherever they now are".

Another obvious thing is that you'd go there late at evening/early at night (for no logical reason :P just so it'd be dark, but not pitch black; around sunset maybe?) and once you'd be in the forest, the first thing after taking a few steps would be a big herd of spiders dashing from the darkness, just to give an "oh crap the kids are dead if this happened to them"-feeling.
Other similar things would keep happening, dangerous monsters bursting out of nowhere, etc. and you'd just have to keep going through it until you find a big group of lost adventurers (at least 15 or so) moving along an extremely vague path (which would go around the forest without ever going out from there... and they'd been walking it for years without realizing it, new lost people joining them by time, older ones dying, etc).

They'd be very different from each other, but almost all would have torn clothes, scars, etc. and all kinds of weapons and items, so if you kill them... well, if you'd manage to kill them, there'd be cool stuff to find. Maybe some storydeepening stuff as well, for example diaries and stuff like that describing their simple survival-centered life. Almost all of them should be humans, but maybe an occasional lumpkin or cobol as well... Maybe one G'nome... There'd be one blind and injured Elf, possibly a Hobgoblin as well just for extra "WTF is wrong with this place?!"-ness, but I don't know.

When you find them, you could bump them and they'd say something random, if you bump them again, they say something like "Oh, you want to know about those three siblings?" or "Three siblings? Well..." and after bumping again, they'd react differently. Some could be like "Yep, I know where they are, just give me that X you have (some weapon, etc)" and if you give it to him... well, he'd tell you he lied (should've seen that coming, heh). Someone would say "I'm sorry, I don't know, but they were here a couple of years back" and "No, never seen them...", etc etc etc., you know. The blind Elf would be the only one to say anything remotely useful (but intentionally questionable), "About six years ago, I saw three youngsters heading over towards the Great Mountain of Gmarlant, and I told them it was dangerous, but they refused to listen... I truly doubt they are alive anymore, but that would be where I would look if I wanted to find them".

He'd tell you where the mountain is by describing some landmarks, so you'd actually have to "find it". :P I mean, he's blind, so it wouldn't have to be perfectly accurate, although he'd have traveled the road many times and he'd be the only one who's realized they're going in circles. Maybe just some pretty vague descriptions would be good.

Anyway, when you'd find the mountain, there'd be some kind of tribe living there (spawned after talking to the Elf; the whole mountain was off limits somehow (...you know I'm gonna type it, so here goes: invisible walls? :lol:)). Anyway. The tribe would be Elf/Lumpkin crossbreeds, and how they reacts depends on how you approach them. If you're like "OH HAI GUISE UR GUNNA TELL ME WERE TEH KIDS R OR ILL CUT UR HEADZ OFF LIEK THIS MUCH LMAO!!!1!!!ONEONE!!!11!!ONE!!!!" (that was a retarded way of saying "if you attack them") then they attack you. If you bump any of the men there first, then they all are polite and tell you about the siblings who came there. If you bump the women, they think of you as some kind of pervert/murderer, and refuse to tell you anything (but don't try to kill you). Maybe just say stuff like "I'm not gonna tell a sick pervert like you!" and "You're too suspicious to tell anything to... how do I know you wouldn't kill me after I'd tell you?", etc. Basically, if you do that, you have to convince them you're not by doing a little quest. It could be randomized from a few:
1) Giving the blind Elf a new cane*
2) Herding some sheep for a while**
3) Eating dinner with them (LOL)***
4) Teaching some kids something****
5) Fishing with some dudes*****
6) Assassinating an evil guy******

*You'd just have to go back to the Elf and give him a cane as a gift for some reason.
**They have a sheep farm place there and the owner of it would go away for a short time, which you'd have to stay with the sheep and fight wild animals that try to eat them.
***Obviously, this would be the easiest. You'd just have to do nothing.
****For example, if you're a Wizard, you could teach them magic and stuff, if you're a Healer, teach them to heal, etc etc etc. Basically just hanging around with them and doing what you do to show them how to do it. Adventurers would be a bit of a problem, though... maybe they could have to listen to the kids' stories (IN SOVIET RUSSIA, KIDS TEACH YOU!!! :no:)
*****On a lake that's on the other side of the mountain... not sure how this could be done, but well.
******Slaver who lives on the other side of the lake on the other side of the mountain. You know, kinda like this:
...he'd be evil and takes people (well, Elf-lumpkins) from the town to his place of evilness. You'd have to kill him, but the town people don't know that he's immortal. So, you can't kill him. The only way to beat him would be pushing him into a deep pit full of grub bugs in the place of evilness, which he'd have used as an execution device. Naturally, if you'd fall there... well, you'd either die or if you manage to fight your way back through a sewer to the main place of evilness, you could try to attack the Slaver again. The sewer obviously wouldn't be big, but filled with grub bugs... maybe a few survivors who're too scared to escape all the way. (Most likely the best solution to do this would be by having it as a teleportation place "outside" the map...) If you manage to push the Slaver in the pit, free the slaves he has, and take them back to the town, you'd go on with the main sidequest like every other thing would also lead to the same thing:

However you'd get the town people (...Elf-lumpkins...) to tell you where the siblings are, there'd be an old guy (yes, I have an obsession about epic old guys) who tells you that they left a few days ago to the Mountain of Tdmrull, which is on the other side of the forest. It also would have been unaccessible before this by whatever means needed (invisible walls most likely... lol...). Obviously, he tells you that the mountain is nothing like this one, and that it's the home of an insane angel who kills everyone who goes there, and that the siblings are certainly dead if they went there, because, well, he literally kills everyone if they even go close to the mountain. The reason why they went there? To kill the angel. The old guy could say something like "I thought they were joking, but then I realized they were serious".

Anyway, that would probably be pretty frustrating... but when you'd go to the other mountain, there would be no sign of anyone wanting to kill you. Maybe that would actually be a slight disappointment, if you'd hope for an epic battle with an epic boss. Oh well, there'd be one later, so... :P At the top of the mountain, there'd be a fight going on when you go there, between the siblings and the angel, who would have only very low health so that it'd be fast and the player wouldn't have enough time to go interrupt it*.

When the angel dies, the siblings want to kill the player. They'd be very, VERY hard to beat, especially the other one of the guys with the sword, he'd basically be like an extremely strong guy who runs towards you and swings the sword like crazy. The sword would be magically poisoned (some ominous green particles around it to make it obvious without being hit) and he'd also have a poison cloud spellbook. The other guy wouldn't be strong at all, but he'd have a spellbook of orb storm and he'd heal himself like crazy with potions, etc. The girl wold have the dagger of freezing stuff and ice spells, like the "glacial spike" and "wintery blast".

After beating them, there'd be two choices: to kill them or to take them back to their father. If you wouldn't kill them, then they'd just follow and if bumped, the sword guy would say things like "I'm ashamed of how weak I am...", and the other guy would be like "Dad's still alive? COOL LET'S GO SEE HIM!!!", and the girl would say something like "I guess it's good to go visit him once in a while". When you take them to him, they're a happy family again.

If you kill them... well, then you beat the sidequest as well, but the result from going back to the old guy (their father) would be him attacking, and obviously guards come, and since that's what they do, kill him (unless of course you kill him first, in which case, the guards probably would attack you? I'm not sure if it'd be like that, since there usually aren't any enemies in towns...)

*Unless they have, in which case, if they kill the siblings instead, the angel supermegahyper-enchants the player's inventory (makes every weapon do more damage, makes every spell cost less mana, etc) and awards them with a "divine pressure" skill (when standing idle next to demons, they can't attack and their health is drained (but they can't die from it, otherwise that'd be really unbalanced when in the Abyss), and every time you kill a demon, there'd be an overdramatic explosion, health would be increased a bit, other things would also grow a bit (but not too much))! He'd say something like "This is only a very tiny part of my powers, so if you try to attack me now, you will fail." His health would obviously have grown to be huge the moment the siblings die.

--------------------------------

....so, yeah. It'd be huge, but nearly impossible to do, and most probably would actually be pretty boring. :P
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

The lost adventurers path and forest exploration sounds pretty awesome - I like the 'get clues' thing. If you called off the sidequest at finding them deep inside some kind of big elf tree or something like that as a final level it wouldn't be too far-fetched. :)
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Well yeah, but it wouldn't be as epic. :P But well, since it's 99.99% sure it's gonna remain as just an idea that won't ever get done, unless I find enough inspiration to somehow start making it... and even then, it'd probably end at the same phase as everything else; just a nearly empty map and skins for NPCs, etc...
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

New idea for a Bargel-related sidequest (of a sidequest (which contains moderate amounts of WTF (and large amounts of too much epicness))):

Mountain of Sacrifice (or something)
Some kinda mountain with an ancient temple on top of it, where some kind of tribe does human sacrifices for "Glerab", a dark god of evilness who visited the place about a hundred years ago and convinced the tribe to sacrifice humans for him, and of course the "Glerab" would be Bargel, and the sacrifices somehow made him immortal as long as they keep doing it, as well as do his dirty work for some megaevil plan that requires a certain amount of people to die in a certain way (the way the tribe uses to sacrifice them). Of course, the quest would be unlocked after Griffin Tower, which would confirm the "Bargel didn't die (at least completely)" thing, which would be epic (and clicheous).

There'd be some NPCs who tell about "Glerab" and how he did epic things to convince them that he was a god thing (maybe one could say something like "he mysteriously made fire from his hands!", to indicate that he only used some typical spells, but the tribe would've been completely clueless about all that), and obviously the player would have to 'help them' by being sacrificed after they tell you everything (how clicheous is that?! XD), which would naturally mean that there'd be a huge fight. An epic one. They would have some superdangerous monsters as pets, for example a few rust eaters and stuff. 8)

Then, if the player wouldn't already have guessed from the simple anagram name and stuff, there'd be a huge statue of Bargel on the way out of the temple to make even the dumbest to realize that it had been him doing his evil stufferities there. :P Obviously the temple would be filled with cool treasures, so the whole point of the module wouldn't be something like "oh so Bargel is alive, but so what?". :mrgreen:

Bargel Finding a New Source of Immortality (or something)
The map would be really small, you know like an apartment-like dungeon place, where you'd have to stop Bargel from mixing some potions and stuff to make a life elixir thing. There'd be lots of his helpers who come in waves and bring him some random new stuff to use for it, and you'd just have to desperately try to stop him from getting it right. :mrgreen: Obviously, there would be no way to do that; even if you'd kill him, or prevent him from doing it, something dark would be revealed about him... there are more than one tribe he convinced to sacrifice humans for him, and he was simply using this whole thing as a plot to get you come to him. :twisted: (HUGE EPIC MUSIC DÖÖ DÖÖ DÖÖ DÖÖÖÖÖÖ) The things he would have been mixing were completely unrelated; if he succeeded, maybe it could be some kind of poison that he plans to use on you? Or he could drink it and become a lot stronger? Something bad, anyway. If you'd have prevented him, then you'd obviously have a better chance at the next thing.

You'd have to escape him, but since there are a lot of helpers, it wouldn't be just as easy as running away to the door leading outside. :P Naturally, Bargel would be using all kinds of spells to prevent you from getting out as well, even though he wouldn't be in the best possible condition if you'd have "killed" him before he managed to do whatever he did with the mixing thing, and even more if you'd have succeeded at stopping him from doing it. If both things would have happened, then he probably should just lie down there and giggle at you, when the helpers attack from every direction... :| He couldn't be killed, so staying there and beating him would be just wasting time, apart from an easter egg thing; if you stay long enough, a secret door would open, leading to his treasure room which would be simply FULL of every kind of expensive items, rare enchanted weapons, etc. 8) But nothing that would make any crucial things easier, of course.

???????????????
Whatever would be next... I could think of ideas for Bargel-related stuff forever... maybe something übermegaepic. You know, it'd be seriously epic to have a couple of modules that'd be just fighting against Bargel in different eras and places with different characters. Some kinda "this is how long Bargel has lived and always survived even if he has been killed over and over again"-thing. Although that could be too epic for a character that originates in just a sidequest... :? BUT FOR BARGEL, NOTHING IS TOO EPIC!!! Maybe there could be like a future battle, where the player would be an epic old guy fighting against Bargel in some futuristic world where he has ruined everything and become a gigantic monstrous ultrabeing of superdestruction! 8)

...or maybe I'm just too obsessed about Bargel. :rofl:
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

New idea for a sidequest, which would probably be impossible to make exactly like this, but well, that doesn't really matter since it's just an idea anyway.

Murship
Some dude would tell you about a starving girl in some obscure place of some town and that she has only a few days left to live because of some curse, and if you decide to help, when you'd go to her, she'd tell you that her last wish is to see a ghost ship that's in some local legends, named the Murship. Then she'd start following you and tell you where it's supposed to be located in (give hints along the way or something) and when you get there, it'd look like an empty shore with a mountain filled with creepy caves and stuff near it. You'd just have to wait until the ship comes, but of course, there'd be monsters attacking from the water (which would be the reason why the beach was closed from public (they wouldn't be just typical weak monsters, but something like... water minotores?)).

After some time, the ship would come and there'd be some creepy singing ghost Lumpkins inside it. When you go to them, they attack you, and you'd have to protect the girl (although I don't really know what the point in that would be, since she'd die anyway in a few days... but well) and she'd keep being happy about how exciting it is. You know, the typical brave kid who isn't afraid of anything. :lol:
When all of the ghost Lumpkins would be dead (well, double dead), you could just explore the ship, freely roam around inside it. It'd be pretty big, imagine a combination of an old pirate ship (I keep typoing that last P as a T... ugh, luckily I notice it every time...) and a world war 2 era battleship. Hugely huge, epic place filled with rooms to explore. Some would have ghost Lumpkins, but most would be empty from enemies. The girl would explain about the legend of the Murship and its excessively cruel, cold-blooded demon-Lumpkin/vampire-Dimlock crossbreed captain, Murciferus (pronounced "muhr chief erusch"). She tells about how he slaughtered his crew after they stopped worshipping him as an omnipotent ancient death deity, when his real origin was exposed in some place where he was recognized by someone who knew him before his pirate life. Of course, there would still be a cult of murshippers (Lumpkins who worship Murciferus as a death deity and murder mages for him as sacrifices) somewhere in Lorule, but that could be another side quest or something.

When she's finished with her explanation, Murciferus would spawn right in front of you (if that's possible to do... I think it could be done with the girl's script.txt?) and he'd be really mad at you. He obviously would have a megaload of health, since, you know, he's a demon-Lumpkin/vampire-Dimlock and kinda like undead, old (as in about 1000 years), have some sort of "demigodlike powers" because of the murshippers somehow transferring the mages' powers to him.

He would look like a seriously oversized Dimlock (size around 3.0?) with bat-like wings and Lumpkin ears, sharp teeth and a red aura thingy, a black knight armor, bald head with tattoos in it, armed with an enchanted lance that drains health and a huge spiked hammer that drains mana. He'd naturally be riding an enormous flaming ghoul spider that spits poison clouds and has a trail of eyeballs as a tail (you know, the eyeball monster; every one of them would do what an eyeball does, so it wouldn't be an easy fight).

Epic battle, yay! Of course, you'd have to still protect the girl, and she probably would be all super-excited, yelling annoyingly "Murciferus is soooooo hawt!" or something (...although that would be a bit creepy, considering the liiiiittle age difference, not to mention the species differences and all that... and he wouldn't be exactly handsome either, so...). :rofl:

You'd have to cut off all the eyeballs from the spider's tail first, then kill the spider, and then fight Murciferus. He'd use all kinds of mysterious darkness spells that would be exclusive to him (or at least very rarely used by anyone else... Bargel and the Dracolich obviously would be able to use them (even if they never do)), simultaneously with using the weapons; the mages' powers and knowledge had absorbed into him, so it wouldn't even be weird or anything if he was able to use spells by just thinking of it, and since he is what he is, that'd explain why they're some weird kinds of really messed up dark magic or whatever. :P

Anyway, after you kill him, he'd drop huge amounts of money, you could take his weapons, armor, etc. and go into his secret chambers. One has Dimlocks and Lumpkins as prisoners, the other one has Vampyres and Demons; both would have some kind of laboratory equipment in them with parts of himself attached to wires and stuff. There'd be some (normal) Elf doctors that he hired. When bumped, one of the doctors would explain what Murciferus had been up to:

He'd have been trying to clone himself by having Dimlocks + Lumpkins and Vampyres + Demons to have kids together, and when they're pregnant, put his cells/DNA/whatever into the embryos, and when they're born and grow up, make them have kids together and do the cells/DNA/whatever thing again on them, etc etc etc. The doctor would tell you that he tried to convince Murciferus that it's impossible for him to be cloned in this way, but he had ignored that and wanted to do the experiments anyway. Shockingly, there had been some disturbing results; something very similar to Murciferus was born, but died soon afterwards and caused a small explosion (indicating that the spell knowledge had transferred to him). Then the doctor guy would exaggeratedly show that he's happy about the research being over, thank the player and give them a piece of the the Murciferus clone's body, which would later be either useful or dangerous, depending on how it's dealt with.

If you sell the bodypart... well, it regenerates into Murciferus (slowly; maybe a certain amount of visits later? Maybe on the fifth time you go into the town after selling it) and kills everyone in the town where you sold it in (or at least tries to).

If you keep it, the moment it regenerates into Murciferus, you could just kill him again and then it'd be over, obviously. But if you don't, you could use him as a pet helper? Although that'd pretty much make things quite a bit unbalanced... but well, the chances anyone would keep a piece of some monstrous monster's clone's body with them are pretty slim, I think.

If you randomly drop it somewhere, it would result to him coming with you EVERYWHERE YOU GO and try to kill you, getting stronger and stronger all the time. :shock: Naturally, the spawning location would be randomized so that he'd actually have to find you and there'd be a chance you won't bump into him at all. There'd be some weird attraction between you and him kinda like maybe in a similar way Harry Potter and Voldemort. :rofl:

So, basically: you wouldn't get rid of Murciferus by just killing him once, you'd have to do it twice. The girl would probably go and die in the same place where she was first, with people gathered around her corpse and talking about how sad it is. Unless, of course, you'd manage to save her! This could be done by bumping another one of the doctors after the other one had finished his explanation. The second doctor would somehow know that the girl isn't actually cursed, but that she has some disease that can be cured if she stays in the lab for a few days. Then when you go to the town in the place where she had been, she'd be there and thank you or something.

...erm, yeah, I know, way too hugely hugely huge. But like I said, it's just an idea, so. :P