New ideas

Have an idea or great plots for Egoboo? Post them here!

Moderator: Developers

woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

New ideas

Post by woodmouse »

I've been thinking some things that (some have been suggested before) could fit into Egoboo, and that would make it seem much more "professional" and "epic" so to say:

-Characters could "extend" to things. I mean, like Paladins could become evil and learn arcane magic, etc. and Wizards could become holy and be able to use divine magic and so on. I don't mean it should be easy, and it could be like almost impossible but you know.

-Storyline twisting/unique storylines. I know there is some slightly, but you know like every starter module could have their own follow up modules, which could be anything.
Example:
After the Adventurer starter for example, there could be an exploring module of the sewer place if the player chooses he/she wants to, or if they want to go to Zippy village (or some other town) for a limited area that would be specialized for the character class. And after that there would be the choice to go to Palaces, or continue to do some other things, although there would be something to force them to eventually go to the Palaces.
I know this would be an OVERLOAD of work, but imagine the result.

-Hidden areas in places: available to be unlocked with unique keys/items that would be in various other modules. They could have special things similar to what Lego Star Wars for example has. Nothing that would give too much of an advantage, though.

-Different times in towns. You know, unlockable versions of the same town. Better equipment and slight adjustments to stuff, etc.

And some new towns:
-Criminal town - maybe a small obscure part in Bishopia city's outskirts, which would be like a place for Rogues, Pirates, and characters that've done crimes.

-Underwater town/city - an ancient sunken civilization like Atlantis. Maybe gothic architecture and slightly sci-fish too. Something that any class could go into, but it would be best for (possibly) Elves and Healers.

-Plague town - a nearby town to Zippy, infected with plague, could first have a sidequest to get rid of the plague, and then would be a town similar to Zippy but smaller and poorer.

-Bounty hunting: it'd be possible to catch criminals in towns and instead of killing them, take them to guards (or possibly a special guard) who'd give money or items.
--------
So, I know this all sounds insane... But what do you people think?
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
Lordofdragonss
Chest Mimic (Community member)
Chest Mimic (Community member)

Post by Lordofdragonss »

-Hidden areas in places
There is already some them in game. But I would love to see some places for others characters. Like a shrine that let you heal you but only if you are healer or paladin, or Special "magic" books that can be readable only by gnomes. But other secret places like destroying walls ( we have bombs already), cuting trees destroying rocks...
The pickaxe and chainsaw mentioned in other topic would be great for "activating" this places.

I would love some shortcuts like this too!

-Characters could "extend" to things.
No Please no. I played Divine divinity and I hated how you can be a strong Warior even if you took a mage. This option IMO is for undecided people....

I like Idea of new towns. Aspecialy Divine only one.
Maybe delete the "divine order" from other cities, and make another "Divine only" city for Paladins, Healers, Valkiries? Oh The Valkirie module could be unlocked there!

And now when I see that we have wikings models... What about Val-hula city?
The city of strong people and even stronger Egobeer :D
Plague town sounds great too!
Image FEED ME!
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Re: New ideas

Post by Zefz »

Nice to hear some suggestions! The main problem with this is that I focus all my effort and time for Egoboo on fixing issues and bug. There isn't much left to add new content :)
woodmouse wrote: -Characters could "extend" to things. I mean, like Paladins could become evil and learn arcane magic, etc. and Wizards could become holy and be able to use divine magic and so on. I don't mean it should be easy, and it could be like almost impossible but you know.
This is already done through the Hero class concept right? We figured the Adventurer or Wizard could become a mystic or the Paladin become a Dark Paladin (maybe through becoming Evil and then doing a special quest). Adventurer, Elf and Wizard already have the Archmage Hero class though, so we would need something for the others. Maybe Knife's Heist could become a Hero class module for rogues? Like Master Thief hero class.
woodmouse wrote: -Storyline twisting/unique storylines. I know there is some slightly, but you know like every starter module could have their own follow up modules, which could be anything.
Example:
After the Adventurer starter for example, there could be an exploring module of the sewer place if the player chooses he/she wants to, or if they want to go to Zippy village (or some other town) for a limited area that would be specialized for the character class. And after that there would be the choice to go to Palaces, or continue to do some other things, although there would be something to force them to eventually go to the Palaces.
We already did this with the Healer Starter where you have a follow up quest to defeat the lich in there (The Crypt). This allowed us to reuse existing modules to make "new" quests. I don't think these modules would be that popular though. Seems people think this is a "cheap" solution compared to exiting new modules.
-Hidden areas in places: available to be unlocked with unique keys/items that would be in various other modules. They could have special things similar to what Lego Star Wars for example has. Nothing that would give too much of an advantage, though.
We already have this in various modules. Smart players can unlock extra treasure through defeating mini bosses, extra puzzles or secret areas.
-Different times in towns. You know, unlockable versions of the same town. Better equipment and slight adjustments to stuff, etc.
Not sure what you mean about this. Birdsey thought about adding night and day cycles to various outdoor modules.
And some new towns:
The criminal town was already planned. A pirate town called Booty Cove. Here criminal characters could visit without any guards attacking. The town could have muggers and shops that sell junk or kursed items (mixed with the good stuff!).
octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by octagon »

Wonderful ideas!

Extending classes could be done with hero classes, I think.
Though I'm sure that most organizations of Lorule are opposed to allowing a character to learn the other kind of magic. But it could work as a sidequest in which an arcane magic user can travel to a (more or less) foreign country and become a Mystic.... and an especially experienced and important practicioner of divine magic could possibly become a Prophet, who is granted quasi-arcane power by Aaron.

I could imagine the Divine Town to mainly consist of some sort of temple or abbey.

The criminal town... it possibly overlaps with that pirate town (Booty Cove?) which once was work in progress... What happened to Booty Cove, by the way?
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Re: New ideas

Post by woodmouse »

Zefz wrote:
woodmouse wrote: -Characters could "extend" to things. I mean, like Paladins could become evil and learn arcane magic, etc. and Wizards could become holy and be able to use divine magic and so on. I don't mean it should be easy, and it could be like almost impossible but you know.
This is already done through the Hero class concept right? We figured the Adventurer or Wizard could become a mystic or the Paladin become a Dark Paladin (maybe through becoming Evil and then doing a special quest). Adventurer, Elf and Wizard already have the Archmage Hero class though, so we would need something for the others. Maybe Knife's Heist could become a Hero class module for rogues? Like Master Thief hero class.
Yeah, I forgot hero classes completely. :oops:
Zefz wrote:
woodmouse wrote: -Storyline twisting/unique storylines. I know there is some slightly, but you know like every starter module could have their own follow up modules, which could be anything.
Example:
We already did this with the Healer Starter where you have a follow up quest to defeat the lich in there (The Crypt). This allowed us to reuse existing modules to make "new" quests. I don't think these modules would be that popular though. Seems people think this is a "cheap" solution compared to exiting new modules.
Well, yeah, I know but would it hurt anyone if there would be both? :lol:
Zefz wrote:
Not sure what you mean about this. Birdsey thought about adding night and day cycles to various outdoor modules.
Hmm, I meant more like town A in year A, town A in year B, town A in year C, etc.
Zefz wrote:
And some new towns:
The criminal town was already planned. A pirate town called Booty Cove. Here criminal characters could visit without any guards attacking. The town could have muggers and shops that sell junk or kursed items (mixed with the good stuff!).
But wasn't that abandoned a long time ago?
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

Booty Cove wasn't abandoned, it's just on the wishlist (todolist?).

But as I mentioned I don't have time or motivation to make new stuff for Egoboo lately, since I find myself occupied just fixing bugs and issues that each release seem to have.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

More ideas:

In-between-of-modules-modules: Something that would be mostly peaceful, and kind of like places to collect exp and train, buy stuff, etc (think of like small "non-finished" towns). They could be something that are full of npcs; those who give sidequests, those that just speak and some that go around doing everyday stuff.
It would of course be lots of work, but if I'd be good enough to make non-buggy modules, I'd do lots of these.

More sidequests:
Spider cave - a small cave filled with spiders (maybe tranches), which would respawn to a non-accessible area and come to the main place at times, so that there would be an "illusion" of endless enemies. The objective would be to take a spider egg and bring it to a npc, who would then trade it for anti-poison potions (they wouldn't heal, only remove poisoning).

Lava farm - a place where G'nomes could farm lava (and sell it to shops), which would've been taken over by monsters (possibly Lumpkins or trolls). The objective would naturally be killing the enemies, and after that it would be unlocked as a peaceful place. :)

Haunted forest - name says it all. It'd be a big and dark overgrown forest, which would be full of undead. There could be many objectives; 1) getting rid of the undead, 2) finding some sort of holy artifact and giving it to Marcus, 3) going into an underground place (Benemo Cave? or the spider cave? or something else) and doing whatever the objective would be. Kind of a middle module, kind of its own sidequest. :P

Bishopia Museum- well, the museum in Bishopia, where some evil dude would be trying to steal something from, and they'd need to be stopped. :lol:
Or alternatively, if being a Rogue;
Bishopia Museum theft- being one of the dudes stealing something from the museum. :P

Tower Defense - defending Griffin Tower with guards from someone trying to break in and let the prisoners break out. The prize for it would be getting some sort of item from the guards, possibly a shield with the Bishopia symbol, or a better sword. I can't think of much for this kind of thing, but the enemies could be guards who've turned evil, or something. :oops:

Sand Storm - going through a sand storm to help some people get into Bishopia, or something like that. If they'd all survive, they'd give some sort of awesome foreign items. It could be a VERY hard sidequest, since there would be lots of drift sand, tornados, monsters, etc, and if they wouldn't get water in time, they'd dehydrate. So the player would have to take water with him to the sidequest. :)
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

EVEN MORE new ideas... :lol:
Modules:
Abyss quests - like the name indicates, it'd be a number of small sidequest (or main quest) modules:
Dracolich's grandfather - a weak Draconian, (injured, maybe would have a lethal disease) who would only pull levers and push buttons that activate traps, which the module would be full of. For example flamethrowers in the walls and floor, acid cauldrons that fall over, arrows flying from walls, spikes coming from the ground, things that would kurse the items the player is holding, doors opening and small enemies coming from there, etc. This would of course be EXTREMELY hard to make in a way it'd be awesome, and it'd be cliche, but you know, it'd be a good cliche. :lol: Could possibly happen after beating the Dracolich as an optional sidequest. The 'reward' would be some kind of ancient gem that the Dracolich's grandfather would have somewhere. It could be sold in a town for a high prize or given to an npc that would trade it for something.

Crumbling abyss - definitely before Abyss 1, would be really short, just a long corridor that crumbles (kind of like what Ash Palace has). I know it'd be kind of pointless, but it'd add a sense of... whatever it's called, lol.

Paladin hero class module - if the player would be a Paladin, there could be an option to not kill the Dracolich but restrain him and seal him somewhere, where he can't get out. That way they could get a Divine Judge or something hero class, which would have the ability to 'seal enemies' to the same place the Dracolich is in; kind of like just making them disappear. There should be some disadvantage of it, though. Maybe after sealing a number of enemies (10?) the max mana would be reduced drastically? Or health? Anyway, the module would be kind of like a maze in the paladin's mind, and the objective would of course be pummeling the Dracolich around into a deep (possibly icy (you know what that'd be referencing to, right?)) pit somewhere in the end of the module. It'd be kind of what the Abyss is like, but instead of organs, there could be some kind of freaky symbols and stuff. The whole module would have to be gone through dazed (although "milder", so it'd be possible) and there would be lots of things that mess with the player's head, lol. You know, things like very unfitting sounds, music, npcs that wouldn't fit there at all, etc. Then, when you finally would push the Dracolich down the pit, you'd become the hero class.

Bargel Family Castle - well, would depend on how rich his family is, of course. But you know, like a castle where the player could go after beating Bargel, and there'd be his brother as a weak "boss". Possibly also his father as an extra boss, although I don't know how he'd still be alive... Maybe they all just live long. :lol: Anyway, there would be no single objective: the player could just roam around and collect treasures and then leave (although it should be hard to do that, maybe they couldn't attack when holding the treasure? And were a lot slower?); or they could hand Bargel's brother over to the Bishopia guards (or kill him, but that would have some sort of disadvantage (maybe he'd be wanted alive so he could give information about Bargel?)); they could kill the father also, although that wouldn't make the module beaten, but it'd give some exp. Dunno about his mother, though. Maybe she could also be an enemy there, randomly spawning somewhere, teleporting around, could be a ghost? If the reason the other family members live extremely long would be her?
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

I still like the Nether idea where the player can continue on an extra quest after the dracolich has been slain in the netherworld, where all the dead go (and the dracolich is refusing to accept death, so you have to go down there and put him away yourself!). Other villians you have defeated such as Bargel or the Cobol emperor could of course also wait there :P
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Zefz wrote:I still like the Nether idea where the player can continue on an extra quest after the dracolich has been slain in the netherworld, where all the dead go (and the dracolich is refusing to accept death, so you have to go down there and put him away yourself!). Other villians you have defeated such as Bargel or the Cobol emperor could of course also wait there :P
Yeah, but wouldn't there be the problem that if the player hasn't killed Bargel or Cobol Emperor (or any other sidequest bosses), they'd still be in that place?
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

No we would just check quest.txt to see if the character has done the quest or not.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Zefz wrote:No we would just check quest.txt to see if the character has done the quest or not.
Oh. I didn't know it was possible to do that without bumping. :lol:
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

Code: Select all

tmpargument = [BARG]
tmpdistance = BLAHQUEST
SetTargetToNearestBlahID
  DoNothing             //only happens if at least one players has the quest [BARG]
Else
  GoPoof                 //Go away
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Zefz wrote:

Code: Select all

tmpargument = [BARG]
tmpdistance = BLAHQUEST
SetTargetToNearestBlahID
  DoNothing             //only happens if at least one players has the quest [BARG]
Else
  GoPoof                 //Go away
I'll abuse this script everywhere from now on. :lol:
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

New ideas:

Evil characters quests: Kind of like how evil characters that are in the game (Dracolich, Keldorn, Bargel, Cobol emperor, etc) became what they are, kind of what they're doing after they're not seen anymore, etc. You know, like a possiblity to play with them. Of course this would have to be its own mode or something, or possibly they'd be secret modules that would be unlocked by doing something extremely secret. :lol: They'd of course be special and the characters wouldn't be unlocked, whatever you do. (...unless you chat, of course)

And if they're beaten, some npcs in towns could say stuff like "too bad that evil guy did something evil...", "oh my god, did you hear what that evil guy did?!", "it's sad Bargel did X...!", etc.

So, here are some ideas for these:

for KELDORN

-Keldorn's escape: Keldorn wouldn't have died after he was beaten, and he'd be captured by Bishopia guards, and this would be somewhere when they're taking him to Griffin Tower; you'd have to kill the guards and escape. If you "die", there'd just be an end text that Keldorn was taken to Griffin Tower.

-Capturing Hagen: The name says it all; you'd have to capture lord Hagen from somewhere (wherever he was before being captured (could even be in an outpouse)) and take him to the Soldier starter place. Of course, there'd be some problems with how huge the module(s) would have to be in order for this to be good, but I think a Bishopia-sized map would work fine if it was kind of "shrinked", you know. For example, if Hagen was in Bishopia, only a small part near the city's border would be there (in a corner of the map) and the whole map would be done in a zig-zag way. Anyway, Hagen would have an iron ball in his leg or something, and you'd have to drag him to the soldier starter place (whatever and wherever it is). It could be insanely hard, because Hagen would fight back, possibly at both ends of each section of the map. Yes, this would probably result in something like 10-16 (of course depends on how big the sections would be...) battles. It'd be epic but a pain in the bass to make...

-Fighting the soldier: Yep, a reversed version of Soldier starter. Could of course be made into epic proportions of epic by adding more stuff into it (making the room bigger, having them move from place to place, etc (think of how Star Wars III has the battle between Obi-Wan and Anakin)). Maybe the easiest and coolest solution would be to use the whole map as the 'boss battle room'. Anyway, the goal would of course be killing the soldier. If you'd succeed... I have no idea what would happen... Maybe it'd be the time for ULTIMATE AFTERWARDS PLOT TWISTING!!! or something.

for BARGEL

-Laboratory collapse: This would take place when Bargel would be a teenager or young adult, and only on his way to become evil. [Could open a new possiblity to plot and time twisting, if someone would be crazy enough to do stuff like that] He'd be in his home mixing potions or practicing spells, when something would go horribly wrong and the laboratory where he's working breaks (assuming his family has one...). Then you'd just have to get out of there. Sounds easy, but there would be monsters locked in cages, which would've broken free, and the whole place would be filled with poisonous gas and flames, etc. And remember, Bargel would be something like 13-20 and he wouldn't be an evil wizard yet.

-Killing [insert names here]: Well, the final crime, that resulted in him being captured. You'd have to kill some people somewhere, possibly in Bishopia. I know it sounds a bit vague, but... I don't know why he was captured, so I kind of thought it was killing people... :P If it's something else, that. :lol:

for DRACOLICH

-Fighting with the Deamon Lords: You'd have recruited/hired 50 Deamon Lords (I still prefer that spelling, it's more egobooish) and would test if they're good enough to serve you. :lol: It'd be an awesomepic and hugepic awesomazing module of epicness that takes place somewhere in a big empty area in the Abyss, with the Dracolich (you) in the center, surrounded by the 50 Deamon Lords and their individual undead/demon forces, ready to attack you. 8) I know they all couldn't attack at once, since there are particle limits etc, so it'd just be enough for Egoboo to safely handle it at a time (3?). All shouldn't be mephit-like, there would also be many different ones.
It'd be divided into many parts (because you'd have an overload of power compared to them...), starting with weakest and they'd gradually be stronger. At some point there could even be Demogorgon and some other 'big' bads. If you'd lose, there'd be a text "The Dracolich still managed to get them serve him somehow. It still remains a mystery to this day what kind of gimmicks he used..." or something. :lol:
If you'd win, there'd just be something about how strong the Dracolich is.

-Kidnapping lord Bishop: However he did it.