New ideas

Have an idea or great plots for Egoboo? Post them here!

Moderator: Developers

Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

Idea: The Deamon Lords are the children of Demogorgon.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Zefz wrote:Idea: The Deamon Lords are the children of Demogorgon.
Ohhhh. So what was he when he was born?

EDIT: What if there would be Deamons and Daemons, that would be different but the same? So that when someone is "Deamon Lord", they're Demogorgon's children, but when they're "Daemon Lord", they can be something else, or something?
And I noticed Demogorgon has [PRIN] as his type ID, so does that mean he's a prince? Then who's the king? His father? And then there's a queen also? :o
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

Prince of darkness... prince of demons whatever. It's a title, not a monarchy :P
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Zefz wrote:Prince of darkness... prince of demons whatever. It's a title, not a monarchy :P
UGH, now I have to make a module with a demon king in it for some reason.... :lol:
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Prepare for a bible-sized post, which might cause you to go insane and push the big red world destruction button due to the hugepicly gigantic hypermassive ideas it describes, which would make Egoboo the most epic (size of things-wise) game ever to exist on this planet (I believe there might be some on other planets, which are more epic).

You've been warned. :lol:

Historical campaigns:

Imprisoning Demogorgon - The moment when Demogorgon was imprisoned into the tower where he is... Dunno who did it and how, but I imagine it was some sort of group of über-powered warriors. It'd be two 4-player modules:
Going to a place where Demogorgon is
The group of 4 über-powered warriors go into some kind of huge temple/cave/catacomb where Demogorgon lives (in case he didn't live in a place like that... :P weeeell...) and find him there. Dunno why he'd be hiding, as it'd be his own home, but whatever, he'd be behind many puzzles and battles with demons;
1) a huge pit near the entrance with many platforms hovering over it. There'd be demons in cages on the sides of the pit, and every time someone falls into the pit, a cage would open and the demons would come out (in case it isn't obvious, they'd have wings) and you'd have to kill them. Wouldn't be very hard since there'd be four players.
The annoying thing that makes it hard would be fireballs flying around, trying to hit the players adn drop them into the pit. :lol:
2) after the pit, you'd just have a "boring" part: freeing prisoners (other 'heroes' who've come to Demogorgon's cave and failed). Then when they're freed, a door would open (...I know how stupid, illogical and insane that sounds like, but... umm... :roll: ) and you could go there to the third part of the module:
3) miniboss fight; some Deamon Lords that are the clicheous group of together-working evil guys; one would be physically weak but do strong spells, but still be in the front line of attacking; one would be strong and rampaging but incapable of anything ranged, would be a very angry and dash towards the players right at the moment they open the door; one that would heal the others and stay behind, kind of strong, kind of weak; and then the all-around guy who does everything that anyone can think of, for example first backing off and be lazy, then suddenly doing a HUGE bursting attack which damages the allies too, he wouldn't use magic, but however would have ranged attacks such as fire breat (or just fireballs), slowing rays, etc; a 'strategic mastermind' who doesn't really do much but if you'd kill him, the others would kind of "retard" themselves and be weaker. Naturally this would be just killing them. 5 Deamon Lords at once WOULD be a *bit* much, but the players would be like legendary epic über-powered elemental monster heroes, so... :rofl: Overdoing things a bit is good for stuff like this, right? :P After you kill them, two doors would open at the end of the room, and you can only choose one. These would be:

--4a) magma puzzle; if you'd choose the left door, you'd come to a room filled with magma, which has land in the corners and a small island in the center. Naturally you couldn't just walk in there, but you'd have to use teleporters, which lead to each land part, and you couldn't come back to this point anymore; each of the corners would have a key, and picking up a key would result in platforms spawning between the corner and the island. This could be randomized, as to where they lead, but wouldn't be necessary. The small island would have buttons in it, which would then destroy the platforms and spawn new ones. To make things harder, there would be waves of mephits and ghosts spawning every minute. I know this would be easy as picking your nose if you'd be fast enough, but everything doesn't have to be super hard, right? :lol:

--4b) fire lizard labyrinth; if you choose the right door, you'd come into a narrow corridor which would be part of a labyrinth which has several 'exits', all having treasures, etc. The tricky thing wouldn't be the mazeness of the place, but fire lizards swarming from behind every corner. :twisted:

Both of them would lead to the same place:
5) Demogorgon's chamber; a huge cave filled with corpses, bones, blood, guts, rusted weapons, dead monsters, and other stuff like that, and magma around it; Demogorgon would be in the center. You'd just have to beat him. :lol: It shouldn't be too hard, because you'd surprise him: possibly he'd have only a small amount of health, and he'd be slow (because he's surprised, you know). When you win, you'd beat the module and unlock the next part of it:

Demogorgon imprisoning battle
The "heroes" would already have dragged him into the tower and stuff, but this would be when he's awake again. Just a regular boss battle, similar to how he's fought in the Imprisoned One, except that he'd be extremely much stronger, as he's younger and stuff. When you win, ta-daa, there he is, sealed in there. :) ( :lol: )

Building Bishopia - Yeah, sounds boring and stupid, but it wouldn't be. You'd be a construction worker who's in a team of people building Bishopia city. The 'campaign' would consist of four modules:
Finding team members
A small part of the city is already built and there'd be a lot of workers there. Someone (the leader of them) would tell you to take a few others with you and go to a journey to get things needed for building the city; wood, rocks, etc.
The module would just be bumping people, and those who you bump would then be the people who come with you. Of course, there would be a limit to it, maybe 5.
Going to a forest, being there
You'd have left the town and are on your way to a nearby town and have to go through a forest. Pretty much would be just fighting monsters along the way... And then finding some items from the forest (some special tree for example)
Town
The town where you'd have been going to. Just a normal town, you know. :lol: But you'd need to do something to get enough money to buy something from someone. There'd be a part with an assassin sent after you, and you'd have to escape or kill him.
Almost finished Bishopia city
Some years to the future, when Bishopia is something like 70% constructed and there would already be people living there. Then an army of undead would attack the city and there'd be an epic fight between them and the humans. :lol:

New sidequest:

Black magic mountain - Some npc would tell the player (if he's a Wizard) about a mountain where evil wizards, necromancers, etc will have a meeting so they can do a sacrifice-summoning for some sort of horrendous monster from another dimension. This would have to possiblities:

1) you go to the mountain just in time to see them summon the monster, and they'd notice you, and it'd be just killing them and the monster would be a boss. This could be done by using a passage that spawns the monster.

2) if you find the mountain REALLY fast (like 1-2 minutes), you could just beat the evil guys without them summoning the monster. Dunno how this could be done, but whatever, it's just an idea. :lol:

----------------------------
In case you're still alive after reading all that, what do you think of these ideas? Too massive? :P Possibly, but you know... EPICNESS FTW!!! :D
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

Post by penguinflyer5234 »

Hmm, should I push the big red button labeled Image?

Those are really interesting, woodmouse. LET'S ADD THEM ALL IN VIA MAXAXLE WOODMOUSE!
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

penguinflyer5234 wrote:Hmm, should I push the big red button labeled Image?

Those are really interesting, woodmouse. LET'S ADD THEM ALL IN VIA MAXAXLE WOODMOUSE!
lol... :lol:
Well, I didn't mean those ideas would be like made by a single person or at once, but you know, it'd be epicly epic if Egoboo was epicly epic and everything in it was epicly epic epicly epic-wise. :rofl:
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Double post because of new module idea:
Necromancer catacombs - Something kind of small but epic: Lots and lots of different necromancers and liches in a catacomb place. You know, stuff like the oblivion lich in Abyss 2, the bosses of Healer and Wizard starter, etc. Different evil mages in their own "zones".

I'd seriously want to make this myself, and probably will, but you know... scripting... D:
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

Scripting isn't that hard to do once you learn the basics. If you read the aidocs.txt documentation, you will get most things done.

You don't need unique scripting unless you plan to create something entirely new (and even then you can most often reuse and tweak old scripts).
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Zefz wrote:Scripting isn't that hard to do once you learn the basics. If you read the aidocs.txt documentation, you will get most things done.

You don't need unique scripting unless you plan to create something entirely new (and even then you can most often reuse and tweak old scripts).
Possibly, although I'm quite stupid, like you know. :lol:
But seriously, thanks for telling about that aidocs.txt... I never knew such a thing existed. :o Maybe now I have some hope of scripting stuff. :D
Feannor
Acid Blob (New member)
Acid Blob (New member)

Post by Feannor »

Gladiator's Arena - A arena, like in Rome. Where the Chars can fight against himself and monsters that are send to the arena. Or maybe a module where a tournamente is organized among the heroes.

Great Dungeon - A real big dungeon, with many rooms, boss, healing itens. The templates of "Undermountain", that will require great strategy e team work to survive by them.

Black Market - A Land of Nobody, with many assassins, barbarians, criminals, smugglers and adventurers. Where you can bargain his plunder. And find many itens as the suburb, stolen. Like stranges potions, weapons, books, etc... But a hardest place to go alone.

Gnome's Excluded - A Place build by G'nomes with many traps. Where the Gnomes who were not accepted joined and build a dangerous place, that requires many atention.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Feannor, I like all your ideas! :o The black market would be epic.

Anyway.
New ideas for modules:
Mysterious skeleton - it'd be about a monster's skeleton, which came to Lorule from the sea of a foreign country. It wouldn't be a "normal" module, but a historical one. It'd take place in year 2000, where a group of Vikings and other people, who're on a journey from Lorule to a country behind the sea, get attacked by a sea monster. The whole module would be following the monster and killing it. Simple, but hard, you know, kinda like a boss battle.

Plague curing - another historical one, which'd take place in 5910 or something, during the plague of the whole Lorule in years 5900-5915 or something (if the current year is 6000 or something similar), which would've killed many people, but it was completely sealed in a single town, which a very talented wizard managed to curse with some mysterious spell; the town would have the plague forever, and the outside world would never get it again. Eventually the people in that town developed an immunity for it (evolution in 100 years ftw :lol:) and as a result lost the ability to live without it. So when someone did serious crimes and got banished from the town, it means the same punishment as execution. (it'd be so "powerful" that they couldn't live for more than an hour or something outside the town)
The module would of course be a small part of the plague, lol. Being a doctor in a group of traveling doctors and healers, who go in towns to cure people. A plague doctor model would be awesome to have, it could be like the Archaeologist with a beak (hard to make I suppose). The map would be a semi-big forest, a mountain in the southwest corner, and a town in the center, with the 'route' going through the south and then circling to the center from the east, because there'd be something "dangerous" in the south/center part. 8) Maybe a Deamon Lord or a Lich?

----
I would make them both, but I'd probably fail miserably. :?
Maxaxle
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by Maxaxle »

Feannor wrote: Gnome's Excluded - A Place build by G'nomes with many traps. Where the Gnomes who were not accepted joined and build a dangerous place, that requires many atention.
Perhaps even a mechanized turret/gonne?
"Failing to plan is planning to fail."
Bug me if you want to play a game.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Re: New ideas

Post by woodmouse »

Shouldn't Druids have [NMAG] or something? And special spells that only they could use. Also, is druid a hero class? Or is it going to be? I hope so... btw if you want to know why I'm suddenly so interested in that, it's because I'm making an npc that gives a wizard a Druid magic skill ([NMAG]) if they bring him greenleaf. So basically an "easier" way to become kinda hero class, you know. :P But I'm quite sure only 1% of anyone keeps the greenleaf or even if they do, they sell it... :lol: Hidden things are fun to make but... yeah, I'm sure it'd be pointless without something that says items can have secret uses? Or maybe there should be greenleaf in other modules, so that they could always get new one?

There could also be other items like that and npcs who want them? Most could just give something small for them, but some could give something special, etc.

Another idea: a sidequest/town-like module, bathing place. :lol: You know, there could be npcs that give that kinda small sidequests, some which are in the bathing place. For example, if you're a vampyre, there'd be a rogue npc who gives a quest that if you steal some woman's clothes and bring them to him, he gives you a bottle of blood that just came from his nose so you can drink it and get more health or something.

...and I'm going hypervertactive again. :rofl:
Zefz

Re: New ideas

Post by Zefz »

Afaik there are no druids in Egoboo yet.