Extra Groggyness and Daze Effects

Have an idea or great plots for Egoboo? Post them here!

Moderator: Developers

Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Extra Groggyness and Daze Effects

Post by Zefz »

I've added some extra effects whenever the character is grogged or dazed. First I added camera movement (camera swinging, bobbing and rotation).

Next I added a motion blur which looks something like this:

I'm wondering how this will effect combat though... I think it's going to be a lot more difficult whenever you get dazed or grogged.

I also toyed with the idea of displaying small icons besides the character whenever they are affected by something unusual like Daze, Grog, Paralysis, Slow, Waterwalking or Enchantment. Like those small "buff" or "debuff" icons you see in so many RPG's nowadays.
bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

I downloaded a GPL font that is a bunch of emoticons. It might be possible to use these as generic effect indicators.

The font is called Humeur.ttf, if you want to preview it.
Seth
Chest Mimic (Community member)
Chest Mimic (Community member)

Post by Seth »

I like this idea. It could be a fair trade-off when consuming grog.
What causes the characters to get dazed?

How long will it take for the effects to settle in? Will it be instant? A minute or two?
Zefz wrote:I also toyed with the idea of displaying small icons besides the character whenever they are affected by something unusual like Daze, Grog, Paralysis, Slow, Waterwalking or Enchantment. Like those small "buff" or "debuff" icons you see in so many RPG's nowadays.
This reminds me of Doom. Although status was represented by the face itself rather than various icons.
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

The effects are instant. Grog and Daze last usually no longer than a few seconds (max 5 or so). The Whip for example causes a 1 second Daze. Number of spells and special attacks also cause Daze or Grog.

A high level G'nome can gain a Groggy Attack with his Crackshot skill for example.
Maxaxle
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by Maxaxle »

Perhaps the Whip's daze should be reduced to about 0.5 seconds, Cobols tend to attack you more often than that.
"Failing to plan is planning to fail."
Bug me if you want to play a game.