Site of download

Have an idea or great plots for Egoboo? Post them here!

Moderator: Developers

loggymany
Grub Bug (Rookie)
Grub Bug (Rookie)

Site of download

Post by loggymany »

I had an idea (I think that full of the other one one had but) We could create a site of download but for characters egoboo, object, monsters, level ect...
╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝
octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by octagon »

I agree that such a database/file network would be very nice (I imagine it similar to other such databases like CCAN for Clonk) but I think there are 2 major problems.
1. Someone needs to host it. Such a page would need high amounts of webspace and its traffic would be enormous. Read: it would cost a lot of money.
(And someone needs to do the scripting/programing, but with so many skilled people in devteam and forum, someone will surely be able to do this. Whether that someone in question has enough time to do it, is another question. :?)
2. I'm pretty sure that almost everyone who is interested in Egoboo, has not retired from the community and has the skills and the time that are necessary to create additional stuff, is already in the forum or in the devteam. Which means that their works will most likely not be additional, but implemented into the game itself instead, which makes such a database mostly superfluous.
Last edited by octagon on Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
penguinflyer2222
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)

Post by penguinflyer2222 »

Doubt it will work.
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

People have previously hosted their Egoboo stuff on various private website or shared webhosts (like mediafire or 2shared)