Variation in Animations

Have an idea or great plots for Egoboo? Post them here!

Moderator: Developers

octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Variation in Animations

Post by octagon »

I just had an idea. It might be a weird one, but anyway: I think that it would make combat more interesting if instead of the normal attack animation for a weapon, a random animation is chosen that is suitable for the weapon in question.

At least, you can't just slash with a sword, but also thrust, make a wide bashing swing or just use a straight chop...

Battles would look more interesting if that is possible... it just adds Flava and characters look much more badass if their fighting looks like waving about fencing instead of just dumbly making the same move again and again.

It could possibly make fighting a little more difficult since you cannot really expect how you will attack... but I guess that it would work if only every 3rd-6th strike animation (maybe depending on Dexterity?) would be randomized.

And high-levelled characters - I think of rogues, elves and soldiers - could maybe have a skill that lets them automatically choose the attack movement that will most likely hit the highest amount of targets.

What do you think about this, dear fellow Egoboo players and mighty developers? :D

[edit]Wrong thread, I know. Sorry. Move to "Suggestions", please.[/edit]
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

Egoboo currently supports 4 different attack animations (2 variations for each hand). If we want to do as you say, we would need to rewrite a lot of code and not least animate a great deal which would take even more time. So all in all this would be very time consuming!

I have already toyed with the ideas of a whirlwind attack or an monk with many different unarmed attack animations, but never done anything because of the amount of work involved.