I should probably just stay in bug testing BUT...

Have an idea or great plots for Egoboo? Post them here!

Moderator: Developers

Chevcx
Tranch (Novice)
Tranch (Novice)

I should probably just stay in bug testing BUT...

Post by Chevcx »

Elementals.
Strong magic-esqe attacks (punch turned into fire bolt and then something like fire breath)
Little to no physical strength ( only can use weak/light weapons (torch)
Very small health (less than elf and wiz)
Armors are different elements (if possible)
Maybe make it so they aren't allowed in cities (insta-hate in zippy and bishopia)
Starter is somewhat like zombie starter(being created by a wizard and then attack and escape from him to rampage the small town he lived in, burn down forest etc..)

Earth based attacks?

Magic Powder:Has a chance to turn you into a golem or kill you.

More later maybe...
Later has come soon
Rouges have chance to steal money with punches (if punches have been fixed)
Zombie has chance to grab opponents with punch(not pick up just stick to, to cause later attacks easier to deal.)(possibly no turning for the stuck character (such as a moving beartrap))
I must be a zombie, because I came back after, around, a year.
octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by octagon »

This all sounds nice. But I think that elementals would be better as mooks you can summon. Small summons that run around the character like pets and attack enemies with ranged bolts, area effect attacks and elemental melee strikes. Being surrounded by a colorful horde of 3-8 elementals... would be kinda funky.

Maybe summoning should be available only as a special skill you gain with caster classes in higher levels or as a hero class...
Chevcx
Tranch (Novice)
Tranch (Novice)

Post by Chevcx »

I dunno, it could work either way i think.
Whichever someone would rather make if they were to make it.
I must be a zombie, because I came back after, around, a year.
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

Elementals should be a hero class. I do like the four element armors though.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
octagon

Post by octagon »

Now, I think that there should be both: a playable elemental class, something like an element spirit, incarnation or avatar (see Chevcx's description or the spammy spoiler below) and some small mooky thing elementalists can summon.

I think the starter would be coolest if a powerhungry wizard/warlock goes to an area of Lorule depending on your element; and you randomly start as a water elemental (from a lake in Mighty Wood), a fire elemental (from a volcano), an Earth elemental (a cave) or a sky elemental (a cliff near Highspire).
The map is the same in all "modes" but with different textures for each and "wall" objects or other obstacles that keep you from accessing and even seeing certain parts of the map.

He summons you and wants to force you to do something against your nature, but naturally you don't want to be dominated. So you try to attack him, but he retreats to a camp or abandoned small castle and summons creatures that serve him... elementals like you, Mephits, element dogs, lower elementals (the wee mooks)... now you must fight yourself through dangerous landscape with spawned critters depending on the element you got, activate magical landmarks to call fellow elementals that rest here/are bound here, StormTheCastle of the wizard and destroy the statua/book/thing that grants him power.

The elementals should be forbidden in Zippy and Bishopia, but they should be welcome in the Elven city - forgot the name :( and there should be a sidequest that allows you to enter the Elemental Plain, a weird metaphysical place (similar to a town, but with... arcane things instead of houses and random colorful graphical effects) of elementals, through a portal.
Spoiler: stupid offtopic spam about a great game that sadly no one plays, although you can just download it
Naja (a water elemental) from Exit Fate is badass in combat. As a water elemental, she has wonderful casting power, very good mana regen, nice speed and is good as dodging, although she lacks a bit in defense. Maybe the elementals of Egoboo should be similar?
Last edited by octagon on Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Mighty Wood is the name, is it not?
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
penguinflyer2222
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)
Queen Penguin (Senior Member)

Post by penguinflyer2222 »

No, not Mighty Wood..
Something else. I forgot too.
I just looked up in a search. It's Great Wood.
That's what I thought..