Fun with IDSZ and other crazy stuff

Anything that is egoboo-related, but not "development". Stories, "fan-art", media mentions, articles...

Moderator: Developers

woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Fun with IDSZ and other crazy stuff

Post by woodmouse »

So, I dunno if this thread is necessary, but I thought I'd post it anyway.
Does anyone else do weird stuff to IDSZs of stuff? Because I do that a lot. For example, in the town module I'm currenlty making, one of the female peasants has [SEXY] as special IDSZ. I've also thought of including an easter egg with that character, but probably won't, as it'd make everyone think know I'm a pervert. :rofl: (you probably guess what it'd be. If not, a few hints: truesight, Bargel discussion)

Also, the town's leader guy has [DORK] skill, and he reacts differently to (almost) every character class that bumps him. Anyway, he gives [DORK] skill to Adventurer and says "I love you!" to them. There are a few [DORK] only items in that town.
Last edited by woodmouse on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
Ditto
Jungle Warrior (Committed contributor)
Jungle Warrior (Committed contributor)

Post by Ditto »

...If you don't mind, I'm just going to back into the corner that has the door in it, open up the door, and run the hell out of here. Thank you for your understanding.

Regardless of how afraid of you I am, though, it is fun to do sometimes, at least in a less youish sense. Octagon's been working on oots skins- it would be fun to have something like an [OOTS] IDSZ, with an npc or two making references when bumped by anyone with the IDSZ.
"It only hurts when my squad won't f***ing heal me."

http://guildedage.net/
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Ditto wrote:...If you don't mind, I'm just going to back into the corner that has the door in it, open up the door, and run the hell out of here. Thank you for your understanding.
:lol:
penguinflyer5234
Sheep (Developer)
Sheep (Developer)

Post by penguinflyer5234 »

We only have a sundoor here, sorry.

[UGLY], [BLUE], etc...?
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

There are a lot of interesting hidden stuff like this in Egoboo already. Like the randomly generated names for monsters you meet, or their icons. The scripts also have comments that joke about the object.
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

Heh, I started making another new town, a wizard town... and there's a wise old pervert vampire, who just doesn't shut up. :lol: If someone's gonna do voice acting for him... you have my sympathy. He currently has 90 messages, and I plan for him to have over 500. And with a special reward if the player 'listens' it all. :P
Btw, I make up quite a lot of stuff of history for him, but I hope it doesn't matter, as it's mostly minor things that don't actually have anything related to the main storyline or anything, but some do, and most of they're things that are easy to make a conclusion about anyway.

EDIT:
Now he has 180 messages.