Zombi Starter much too hard?

All general stuff game related to Egoboo gameplay (Characters, tactics, etc.).

Moderator: Developers

bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

not summoning, infecting corpses to become zombis
Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Post by Agent of Dread »

Same thing, different haircut. It's like giving the dumbest (INT wise :P) class in the game a free Animate spellbook.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

Zombor was coded to instantly die if he took some Holy damage below level 3 before. I now changed it to 50% extra damage and 6 seconds daze (even if he normally is immune to daze!)

I don't know if anyone noticed this before, but a Holy Bolt should theoretically been an instant kill before.
bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

Have you ever watched a zombie film?
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

More zombie videogames than films. I get the whole 'bite infection' thing, but that does not equal minions, that equals a zombie outbreak.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
octagon
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by octagon »

Well, it actually doesn't fit Zombor to "summon", but that is a thing that fits its playing style of a zerg rush. Possibly infecting someone could be handled different?
However, if we leave the "minions" thing as it is, maybe there could be the classical zombi minions only gained from 'zombifying' dead humanoids, and also undead creatures that can be animated from almost anything that was not already [UNDE] before, and they should just look like the original but be colorized in a greenish gray and maybe have a 'rotten' or 'fleshy' overlay on their texture?
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

I think this sounds more something that would fit Vladmir the Egoboo playable Vampire made by PurpleSquerkle. The concept of having an innate abillity to spawn minions is great and all, but maybe it doesn't fit our Zombor?

I've always imagined Zombor as a brute force character. And again I mention he is a special unlockable character for advanced players. His Starter module isn't a "Starter" module per se and is therefore unusually difficult.
bgbirdsey
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)
{]-[0{0|307 (Developer)

Post by bgbirdsey »

The original point was that the winning strategy in Zombor's starter module did not fit his winning strategy in the game. The concept of creating a zombie hoarde from [HUMA] type monsters does match that winning strategy.

The idea would be that they were lowbie and stupid and were not specifically following Zopmbor. Just a mindless infection spreading across the game.