Favorite team in multiplayer

All general stuff game related to Egoboo gameplay (Characters, tactics, etc.).

Moderator: Developers

aleco614
Lumpkin (Dedicated member)

Favorite team in multiplayer

Post by aleco614 »

Say that you could have a group of 4 different classes on the same party. Which classes would you choose for it?
Playing brawl. Not too well, unforunately.
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

Which game are you talking about as you posted this in the off-topic/non-egoboo section?
xenom[GER]
Tome Mimic (Module Baker)

Post by xenom[GER] »

I think a healer, a wizzard, a heavy machine gun guy and a dragon would really rock!
/me is back!
ModBaker development thread | [url=http://modbaker_blog.tobiasgall.de]ModBaker dev blog[/url]
Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Post by Shade »

1. Cavalier
2. Pirate
3. Dark Mage
4. Sniper

Screw healing, I'll crush you before you even get a chance to touch me!
xenom[GER]

Post by xenom[GER] »

Clonkinator wrote:Screw healing, I'll crush you before you even get a chance to touch me!

My healer can not only he. He can also cast protection auras. I wanna see you kill my shielded dragon + wizzard riding the dragon :D

[edit]
Btw. if you meant for egoboo:
- healer
- adventurer [edited] (was healer before)
- g'nome
- wizzard
Last edited by xenom[GER] on Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/me is back!
ModBaker development thread | [url=http://modbaker_blog.tobiasgall.de]ModBaker dev blog[/url]
Shade

Post by Shade »

xenom[GER] wrote:
Clonkinator wrote:Screw healing, I'll crush you before you even get a chance to touch me!

My healer can not only he. He can also cast protection auras. I wanna see you kill my shielded dragon + wizzard riding the dragon :D

Screw protection, as it will not protect you from my dark mage's instant death spells. :twisted:

My Egoboo team:
1. Adventurer
2. Elf
3. Rogue
4. Healer

Broken. :P
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

hmm no techies and no tanks. Two arcane users...

Would it not be better to replace Adventurer with Soldier, Zombor or Paladin? or even G'nomes can be used to take damage, they do suck in close combat though.
aleco614

Post by aleco614 »

Oops. I mean EGOBOO team.

Actually, i might do:

-Healer
-Elf
-Rogue
-G'nome
Shade

Post by Shade »

Zefz wrote:hmm no techies and no tanks. Two arcane users...

Would it not be better to replace Adventurer with Soldier, Zombor or Paladin? or even G'nomes can be used to take damage, they do suck in close combat though.

I don't need tanks; the adventurer is durable enough to suck up some damage, especially when backed up by a healer, and the rogue and elf are quick enough to distract the enemies to attack thin air. Also, the elf is the main arcane magic user (who also does all the sustain spells), while the adventurer attacks with both a katana and strong attacking magic like Storm. The rogue is there for his lockpicking and disarming business, as well as for backstabbing enemies when possible, and the healer... ...well, heals.
I tell you, having two characters rain down spells on a single enemy is devastating. :twisted:
(Or at least it was when both Egoboo and multiplayer last worked for me... ...which would be back around version 2.22.)
Also, remember that I have the opinion that TECH stuff sucks. I'd never use a G'nome only because of TECH. :P
Zefz

Post by Zefz »

G'nomes have the best HP, armor and resistance in the game as well ;) Also grog immunity if that counts for something.

Is your opinion of TECH sucking personal or because of it being underpowered?
aleco614

Post by aleco614 »

Yes, tech does sorta suck. But it can do the magic uses that the elf can't cover, and the g'nome has quite the good ability to resist attacks and take damage. Though i might do the soldier or zombor instead... But i hate zombors inability to be healed...
Shade

Post by Shade »

Zefz wrote:G'nomes have the best HP, armor and resistance in the game as well ;) Also grog immunity if that counts for something.

Yeah, but if you're backed up by a healer that's really just overkill, in my opinion. And the adventurer's armors are pretty decent as well, the only issue with them is that they slow him down a ton. However, that can be fixed with a pair of running shoes.

Zefz wrote:Is your opinion of TECH sucking personal or because of it being underpowered?

It's my personal opinion; I simply don't like it much.
Balance-wise, I'd say TECH is just about right. It's weaker than magic and less manifold, but you're not limited by a magic bar when using it (only by your ammo, but you can usually restock that more quickly than mana), and unlike G'nomes, magic users usually suck at close combat pretty hard. The adventurer is actually both a decent fighter and a decent mage at the same time, but he's slow as hell and doesn't have as much mana to spend as other arcane magic users, which balances it out.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

1. Viking/Soldier
2. Wizard
3. Paladin
4. Rogue

Two tanks. Wizard and Rogue dish damage from afar and pick off strays. Pally heals the gravely wounded*. Rogue handles traps and locks.

Wizard carries lightning so he can attack even while running away. (Oddly enough, Lightning aims better if your back is facing the desired target, thus, perfect retreat spell.)
Rogue carries both melee and ranged weapons. He can cover for one of the tanks if they're dead or in no shape to fight.

All are wearing boots of speed. Even the rogue.

* Personally when playing RPG's I try not to rely on healing at any time. Healing is only there for those critical situations. I'd much rather concentrate on pwning quickly before the enemy even has a chance to do any damage.
:wink:
Maxaxle
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by Maxaxle »

My team:
-A tank (soldier, paladin, POSSIBLY g'nome)
-A sniper or long-range shooter (elf, g'nome, adventurer, wizard)
-A healer (Healer or Paladin)
-A character suited to the module (someone with holy powers against undead, a g'nome when in a Palace, or someone who can cast Levitate in a palace with a large pit of some sort).
"Failing to plan is planning to fail."
Bug me if you want to play a game.
aleco614

Post by aleco614 »

elf is the best sniper, methinks. Bows+Fast Speed+Good Magic=Pwnage!