Did You Know?

All general stuff game related to Egoboo gameplay (Characters, tactics, etc.).

Moderator: Developers

Agent of Dread
Protector (Senior Member)

Did You Know?

Post by Agent of Dread »

Sticky please?
This is a topic where you post all strange knowledge, and sometimes even amusing things, but not always necessarily bugs.
Good idea?

1. Bloodthirsty Squirrels can eat 'Almost dead' Ghouls.
    2. Magic carpets can be used to steal money from any shopkeeper.
    3. Many monsters when attacked from behind by a rogue are either instantly killed or takes a bunch of extra damage (called backstabbing).
    4. A healer can burn spellbooks in shops to gain free xp!
    5. The lance is actually the most powerful weapon in the game. It has 50% strength damage bonus, insane damage amount and has no limit how much it can damage per game update!
    5. Rust Eater can eat bag of ninja stars when you throw a ninja star.
    6. Tundra Bunnies can steal any items from any shops as long as they're not locked into chests (like armors). If you keep stealing and selling the same items over and over again, you can easily cheat yourself $9999!
    7. A single trip to the Griffin Tower is enough to get 9999 XP for a bloodthirsty squirrel.
    8. As of 2.6.8 the tundra bunnies cannot steal from shops without a chance to get noticed.
    9. Players can try to steal from shops when invisible (rogue, adventurer and elf in stealth mode works too!).
    10. The lance has now a limit for damage per update.
    11. Chest mimics' teeth are visible in their reflections.
    12. If Tundra Bunnies attack with something in their mouth, they throw the item!
    13. Chiuaua allows you to attack even when paralysed!
    14. Killing the Deamon Lord with a toilet plunger is very humiliating (for the Deamon Lord).
    15. The book of Enchant gives your weapon +4 damage and removes all kurses upon it!
    16. If you engage the yeti in the ice palace and forgot to bring suitable weapons to defeat him (CRUSH or FIRE), start bashing him with your fists once he's turned to ice. Even with only like 15 STR you'll eventually kill him like that!
    17. Sporks glow in the dark. This can be used to your advantage in the Shadow Palace; drop one Spork at the exit of the starting room, pointing toward the passage; drop the other Spork at the first fork in the passage, pointing towards the next room. If you die, they will point you in the right direction to reach your light source (though if it's too far away, two Sporks might not be enough to direct you).
    18. If you intend to use a Book of Truesight or Faerie Light to light your way in the Shadow Palace, use it and then drop it before you move. This will allow you to pick it up and do it again if you die.
    19. Don't forget to collect your Sporks and/or Books before leaving the Shadow Palace.
    20. Faeries are more useful than any other pet in the Shadow Palace and the first part of the Catacombs. (Note that you can't get one for the first time you go to the Shadow Palace.) Not only will they light the way, but they can be used to levitate over the pits. Just remember that the levitation effect has a time limit...
    21. Slashing weapons can cut off a giant scorpoion's claws!
    22. Opening chests gives some XP.
    23. Using unidentified items gives XP the first time.
    24. The Paladin gains +50% bonus XP for doing quests.
    25. You can actually jump on floating eye
    26. Elf in dragon hide can walk in lava freely
    27. Teleport can be used to get on normally unaccesable ship and roof in rogue shop
    28. If you klick really fast on space before you die you wont drop the items you are holding...
    29. Wizard gains max mana point when he eats a poisonous mushroom.
    30. If you have Death Cloud as wizard or any other spell that works through walls you can lock the prisoners behind gates in Griffin Tower and kill them staying safe.
    31. Rust Monsters deal extra damage to characters with Heavy Armor. They will also reduce DEFENSE rating for heavy armored folks.
    32. The Enchant spell can turn Healing and Mana potions into more powerful Super Potions. The Enchant spell can also recharge wands... for a price.
    33. A character with the Poison Skill can throw flasks of poison at enemies.
    34. Intelligence and wisdom increases all experience gain.
    35. If you play on Easy mode, you lose the opportunity to gain bonus XP and cannot unlock the final level!
    36. There is an invisible chest in the corner of starting room in the Shadow Palace. It drops a golden key so you dont have to endanger yourself getting close to the Blind Spot.
    37. Rider of a mount gains its resistances.

From now on, I'll just add any to the first post. Mkay?
Last edited by Agent of Dread on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:29 am, edited 17 times in total.
- Linktree: linktr.ee/trilbs -
Ben Urban
Cobol (Esteemed member)
Cobol (Esteemed member)

Post by Ben Urban »

Hey! That one was mine! (Check the SF wiki.)

Well, here's another one:

Magic carpets can be used to steal money from any shopkeeper.
Thanks to penguinflyer2222 for the avatar, and to penguinflyer5234 for hosting it.
Zefz
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)
Squirrel Knight (Administrator)

Post by Zefz »

If I may ask, how does a magic carpet steal money?

And here is another few ones:
- Many monsters when attacked from behind by a rogue are either instantly killed or takes a bunch of extra damage (called backstabbing).
- A healer can burn spellbooks in shops to gain free xp!
- The lance is actually the most powerful weapon in the game. It has 50% strength damage bonus, insane damage amount and has no limit how much it can damage per game update!
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

I know this has been sayed before, by me, but well: Rust Eater can eat bag of ninja stars when you throw a ninja star.
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

woodmouse wrote:I know this has been sayed before, by me, but well: Rust Eater can eat bag of ninja stars when you throw a ninja star.

Well duh.
:wink:
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

So can I get this stickied?
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Sure, I guess.
You should number them or something though.
You can use the list or edit tags to make it look listified.
Agent of Dread

Post by Agent of Dread »

Suppose. I'll do that now.
Shade
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)
Potion Mimic (Senior Member)

Post by Shade »

- Tundra Bunnies can steal any items from any shops as long as they're not locked into chests (like armors). If you keep stealing and selling the same items over and over again, you can easily cheat yourself $9999!
Ben Urban
Cobol (Esteemed member)
Cobol (Esteemed member)

Post by Ben Urban »

- A single trip to the Griffin Tower is enough to get 9999 XP for a bloodthirsty squirrel.
Thanks to penguinflyer2222 for the avatar, and to penguinflyer5234 for hosting it.
Maxaxle
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)
Darkshine Knight (Extremist fanatic)

Post by Maxaxle »

Wait...magic carpets? We have magic carpets ingame?
"Failing to plan is planning to fail."
Bug me if you want to play a game.
Cimeries
Lumberjack (Developer)
Lumberjack (Developer)

Post by Cimeries »

Maxaxle wrote:Wait...magic carpets? We have magic carpets ingame?

Purple's module.
HyugaNeji
Chest Mimic (Community member)
Chest Mimic (Community member)

Post by HyugaNeji »

Could you explain to me what is a magic carpet?
woodmouse
Monolich (Senior Member)
Monolich (Senior Member)

Post by woodmouse »

a carpet that you fly with.
Once upon a time, when unicorns roamed the earth...
Ben Urban
Cobol (Esteemed member)
Cobol (Esteemed member)

Post by Ben Urban »

Check out what I wrote about it here: http://egoboo.wiki.sourceforge.net/Magic+Carpet